PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cologne

Buddydust
07-04-2002, 02:04 PM
I remember seeing this cologne on Tv a loooong time ago,but it showed this guy spraying his private part with it before \"getting it on with his lady friend\".
I guess it\'s some kind of body spray or something.Anyway,I was wondering if anyone knew the name of that product.LoL,I\'m not crazy,I know I saw it before.

Buddydust
07-14-2002, 02:53 AM
I figure I would bump this thread up instead of adding a new one.As usual,I do have plenty of questions.....I know I know...Why Dear God Why? Ahem,anyway does anybody know of any colognes that last a long time? The only cologne I wear once in a while is Drakkar Noir.Weird thing is that I notice that Drakkar smells different on me after a long period of time.I could be wrong,but that\'s what I think.I\'m really looking for sweeter scents,since I read that sweeter scents are better for darker races.

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=17070&page =&view=&sb=&o= (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=17070&page =&view=&sb=&o=\")

chummym
07-18-2002, 04:43 AM
haha! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

i i\'m pretty sure the commercial your talking about was for \"candies\" something like that cologne/perfume like 90% sure

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif hope that helps

all your base are belong to us -god-

Irish
07-18-2002, 05:38 AM
Personally I like sweeter cleaner scents myself. Here\'s a few that I can recommend:

Eternity. Has an underlying richness that covers and blends well with NPA. Obliterates the smell of about any phero. Holds up a long time, scent doesn\'t change much.

Cool Water. A classic, similar to Eternity, available everywhere. Not as \'mossy\' as Eternity - scent appeals to me more and more with every use. It will cover anything. Women will tell you it smells good - even strangers. Holds up forever on me, even overnight. You can mix as much nol in this as you want and it blends perfectly.

Givenchy Pour Homme. A clean \'elegant\' scent. This stuff really lasts and doesn\'t break down. I use this for serious dates where I can\'t afford any problems - it\'s reliable and very classy. This is what I wear when I\'m out on the town in a nice suit, and want to make a classy distinctive appearance. Probably too much for daily wear or a cowboy bar, but great for a special night.

Bobby Jones - clean and sweet, maybe a little too sweet in doses high enough to cover pheros. Blends well with every phero I\'ve tried. I\'ve gotten compliments on it even the morning after.

Higher - great great scent, unfortunately it doesn\'t last. The perfect top notes evaporate off immediately. Nice for light office wear if your phero load is light - but don\'t expect this to hide NPA or TE very well.

Romance - great light scent, but same problem as Higher. I get compliments, but it won\'t cover for crap and it fades quickly.

Curve - something about the scent bothers me, but a lot of people like it. It does blend well with pheros - hell, it smells a little like phero to me anyway. Try it before you buy.

Hugo Boss - I\'ve trained myself to like this, and I\'m glad. It\'s fresh, covers pheros well, it\'s cheap, lasts very very well, and I\'ve gotten compliments from a female stranger when wearing Hugo mixed with NPA and nol. The compliments were sexual in nature, so I really like Hugo now.

Chrome smells good on me, but I haven\'t got a chance to use it with pheros yet. Gio is popular but turns to poison on my skin.

Basenotes.com has lots of info on these and more, and will tell you which ones are similar if you find one you like.

No matter what I wear out I carry a little vial with me for refreshing - usually it\'s cut down with grain alcohol so not to be so strong when I refresh. I hate to slip into the mens room to refresh, and come out reeking - they know you\'ve added cologne and it calls attention to something that should be subtle (I think). I always give one hand the same phero/cologne treatment as I do elsewhere, so I can easily check through the night if the cologne is failing and I need a refresh.

Check with department stores for free mini samples - they\'re good for a couple of nights and let you check out before you buy. At least make them spray it on a card so you can compare. Then buy cheap on the web - scentiments, ebay, and many other cheap outlets.

rjm
07-18-2002, 06:02 AM
Never saw the commercial myself, but if it was \"Candies,\" I can hear the pickup line now: \"Hey babe, wanna taste of my candies?\"

As far as what darker-complected guys are wearing, it seems that middle-easterners go with Patchouli a lot; I\'ve only asked one black coworker what he had on, and that was Vanilla-scented oil. Now, if my step-dad (Italian) is any indication, he has my uncle and aunt pick up \"Ceasar\'s Man\" when they go to Vegas.

I\'m gonna e-mail myself Irish\'s reply though. Real informational.

I guess the best advice is sniff around; if you find a scent you like, ask the wearer what it is, then go get some...

Good luck!

Buddydust
07-19-2002, 12:33 PM
Hey Irish,thanks for the info.I\'m definitely going to save this in my files.The only problem is that I have yet to find The Bobby Jones cologne.Oh well,I guess I will find it sooner or later.

Chummym:So it\'s called \"Candies\".LoL,interesting name.The 80\'s song \"It taste just like candy\" pops in my head whenever I think about it.

DrSmellThis
07-19-2002, 05:08 PM
All colognes smell differently with time. That\'s part of the symphony of a cologne. The top notes evaporate first, followed by the middle notes, then the base notes. So with natural colognes, the greater % of base notes, the longer the scent will last. However, that\'s not necessarily the case these days, as many chemical \"fixatives\" are added that make the smells last much longer. Sometimes each micro-scent has it\'s own fixative!

IMO, longer does not = better. I love the way a great cologne wears on me over time. Just add a tad bit more cologne if you like the top notes best. With any commercial cologne you\'re gonna get pretty good duration of the top notes.

If you want to smell the same always, then wear only a base note, such as sandalwood, vetiver, or patchouli.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-21-2002, 10:40 PM
Buddydust:

If you\'re looking for a \"sweet\" smelling cologne, you should check out \"Bulgari Black.\" It has a sweet smell to it, but it wont make you smell like a candy factory that exploded. lol As far as what you read about sweeter scents are for darker people, I think sweet scents are made for evening wear. I\'m half Italian and half German, and the darkest part of my skin is the jet-black tattoo on my right arm. LOL I wear that scent almost everyday and I usually get a lot of compliments on it.......no I haven\'t spiced it up with a phero combo.....yet! LOL Next time you go to a store that sells colognes, check it out, I\'m sure you\'ll like the way it smells. Here\'s a point of advice about the Bulgari Black: if you live in a warm climate, it will wear off easily in the day. At night, it should last a long time....atleast it does for me.

-John

Andy
07-22-2002, 04:07 AM
Hey Jaeger ...
I am half Italian and half German too and I think we count to the \"darker people\". At least for me this is true, because I get tan verrrrry quick and the skintone is darker then German / average caucasian American / whatever, even when not tanned. I\'d bet your hair is darkbrown to black too. It looks like Italian blood is \"thicker\" then the german blood is /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif. All half Italians I know of are more towards the italian skin/hairtype. I love sweet scents too, but my favs are Joop, Envy, Le Male and Opium YSL (among the sweet scents).

**DONOTDELETE**
07-22-2002, 10:13 PM
Andy:

What\'s up? It\'s funny that you brought up that point about the hair color. LOL I do have brown hair. lol I also have a tan, but it takes me a long time to get tan......like 45 minutes in a tanning bed just makes me slightly red, and an hour in the sun a bit more red. lol I agree that the Italian blood is thicker, but I got the German skin. lol

Andy
07-23-2002, 02:28 AM
Ok ... looks like you lost on this one :P. Hell, 45 Minutes in a tanning bed. I\'d bet the lady at the desk would try to speak in suaheli or zulu to me afterwards /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif. I need about 15min twice a week to keep deep tan in winter.

Ok .. what I wanted to say :
I don\'t agree that sweeter scents are more effective on lighter skinned persons. That just doesn\'t make sense. Joop and Envy for example belong to the \"oriental\" group of scents. I always thought this underlines the more \"mysterious\" appearance of darker skinned people. It\'s the same in females, Angel for example is a scent created for darker skinned (tanned) women and it\'s a heavy hitter like Joop.

Ahhh .. I am still confused from the weekend ...

Irish
07-23-2002, 05:50 AM
I\'ve bought Bobby Jones in department store (Dillards). I think they sell it at a Bobby Jones website too (part of their line of golfing apparel?). You should be able to try it at a big department store...

It\'s light and fresh, a little too sweet for me if I load up on it....

Before I used pheros, cologne was a lot more fun for me, cause I wasn\'t mixing it with a smelly additive, or trying to cover pheros on my skin. Not only does phero use change the smell, it affects how much you are likely to use. And according to that famous paper Perfumery & the 6th Sense, the steroid pheros we use are less volatile than most perfume agents, and therefore act as a fixative when mixed in cologne. So the original design of the cologne is altered - usually for the worse in my opinion. And duration is critical for phero wearers, since if the cologne fades out on you you\'re left with the repulsive phero wang as your \'scent\'.

Ah, the good old days - when I could just enjoy wearing a fine cologne. Now I\'m turned into a sneaky phero-wearer trying to cover my dirty little secret with designer cologne...

Buddydust
07-23-2002, 02:07 PM
DrSmellThis:Thanks for the advice Dr.I have tried Patchouli before.It wasn\'t to my liking though.I am curious about the vetiver though....

JaegerNYC:Bulgari Black,I think I might try it out in the near future.Thanks.

Irish:Thanks Irish.I will head to Dillards tomorrow and try out Bobby Jones.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-23-2002, 03:09 PM
Gents,

This is the age old question of phero cover. I consider that the best cover to use is one who\'s nature is erotic on it\'s own and who\'s scent effectively masks the phero product.

From what I remember of research done on the type of scents most attractive to the female gender, the more anise notes tend to figure as significant. I find \"Lolita Lempika\" fairly good in this respect, if a little short lived. Bulgari black is also a good choice, as the \"smoky\" scent blends well with androstenone. -None high pheros need blended rather than covered, otherwise you end up smelling like a tart!! ;~}

Essential Oils - again, at least with -none you need something that will blend rather than cover, I use olebanum, the P stuff is too intense and makes you smell like a throwback from the 60\'s. The thing I find with oils is that they absorb the phero\'s too well, you need mega doses when using oils as they seem to hang on to the pheros and release them very slowly.

A good scent makes the phero, it\'s the conscious statement that sneeks the subliminal message, it\'s all important...Iv\'e had my best sucesses with phero\'s when I\'ve got the scent right. Cool water EDT + Lolita lempika after shave + NPA (couple of dabs) is a good starting point.

Boomshankah!

Buddydust
07-31-2002, 10:56 PM
Here We Go Again Folks.Just When You thought it was Safe to Rub Your Eyes,The Dust Buster Returns With More Questions(Lady Screams). Ahem...Sorry.

Well,I am in a pickle here(sort of).Tax Free Day is going on at Walmart(not of sure of anywhere else...) from August 2nd through the 4th.Since I have a 10% discount card(yes unforunately I work there..) I decided to buy my cologne there.After looking at all the name brands here\'s what I picked out:

Candies for Men
Joop for Men
Gravity
Eternity for Men
Escape for Men
Jovan Sex Appeal
Pierre Cardin
Bod Man
Curve
Michael Jordan
Forever(alternative to Eternity)
Obession
Nautica
Lucky You

Whew! I wrote all this down during my 15 minute break.I was wondering out of all of these,which is the best(s) colognes I could use to mix with pheromones.And is TE good for mixing with these colognes or NPA? Or does it really matter? Sorry for so many questions.Please don\'t throw the Pheromone CookBook at Me! Get it? Don\'t throw the Book At.....Ahh Forget.Sorry for the Inconvience.Off to Bed for me.Ciao.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-01-2002, 01:46 AM
I\'m not sure which one would cover best, but I have Joop and Cool Water, and they are both excellent. I use Cool Water as my \'everyday\' colone. Joop is more suitable for when you go out at night, but it can be worn anytime.

I didn\'t quite like Escape, but it may be ok for you, if you\'re an older person.
I haven\'t smelt Eternity, but Irish says its similar to Cool Water, so Eternity might be a good one to check out.

aaron
08-01-2002, 03:54 AM
Buddydust:

Here\'s a few more to try. I presume that you have testers for the fragrances where you work, so it might be an idea to try these on skin rather than those blotting papers, since they will always smell different on you.

I tried Fahrenheit on a blotter and it nearly made me sick, bit a few days later I took a spray to my wrists and two to the pulse points on my neck. Not only did it smell quite nice, I got a lot of compliments from my female colleagues at work at the fragrance.

Try:

Fahrenheit
Chanel Allure
Chanel Platinum Egoiste
Safari
212 Men
Aqua di Gio (very fresh and ideal for summer)
Issey Miyake (summer EDT)
Gucci Envy (sweet and heavy, masks pheros very well) - best for formal evening functions
Cerutti Image
Laura Biagotti Tempore Uomo (another sweet and heavy fragrance)
Azarro (both the chrome and classic)

I personally like CK Eternity and Escape myself (thanks Dave...\"older man\" ????? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif I\'m 40, but compared to most of the youngsters on here, I guess anyone over 30 is considered old /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif )

Oh yes.....don\'t try more than three fragrances at any time, give it a rest of about an hour, otherwise your olfactory senses tend not to register the difference.

And yes....I do tend to spend too much on EDTs. I hate smelling the same week after week, and people will always make a remark...\"You smell different today\".
Change your EDT like you change your underwear...at least every other week /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Track0714
08-01-2002, 06:28 AM
Right now I am alternating these, changing weekly.

Aqua di Gio
Hugo Boss
Cool water
Realm for men (like the scent, but the it never did anything for me Phero-wise)

I always get remarks \"you smell nice today\". I feel this is due to weekly change.

I just dont like wearing the same scent over and over, week after week. you change your clothes, so change your scents too.

I am trying out a new cologne Intuition for men by Estee Lauder. I like the smell on my skin and at least for my body chemisty it covered NPA.

Mtnjim
08-01-2002, 08:42 AM
For the Summer, I like a citrus scent. Therefore, I\'m using CK1 (the cologne not the mix) with a few drops of SP Citrus Oil that came with one of my orders. This combo seems to be light but covers well (PI or TE). Of course, I\'m an \"old fart\" so this might not be good for some of the younger members.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-01-2002, 08:47 AM
Curve and lucky you are definately the best in my opinion out of the ones listed. I would also try Truth by Calvin Klein.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-01-2002, 11:18 AM
Hi buddydust, don\'t worry since there isn\'t any cover fragrance section in the Cookbook, but I\'m already organizing ideas for it /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif .

I personally discovered Heaven Chopard as the carrier fragrance that works best for me (see the hit squad 2.0 thread for my enthusiastic report); IMHO, it\'s enough for the cologne to be adherent to these requirements:

* hits evidence when mixed with NPA (ok, that was rather obvious), maybe @ 5:1 as several people wrote on the forum; I have used this ratio and got hits.
* cologne\'s scent is going to be modified because of NPA mixing: so the scent must stay nice, and it must not be affected by stink problems.
* cologne has to mix well with NPA; no \"cloudy\" mixtures or anything that shows an incomplete blend.
* colognes usually walk through such a life: when you have just applied a spray it has a very intense scent, then 30 seconds later it fades to the first long-term scent. Then, after a variable amount of time, it fades again and becomes less noticeable. My point is that the \"variable amount of time\" is affected by NPA. I\'ve tried it with some other colognes, and found out that mixing NPA with the cologne decreases the lifespan of the scent. So the ideal cologne would not be affected (or very little) by NPA\'s presence.

aaron is right, blotters are *not* my friends too when it comes to test a cologne... so go with testers if you can.

Let us know your choice and experiments, of course!

Whitehall
08-01-2002, 02:48 PM
Here\'s what I like to use to cover NPA:

Eau d\' Sauvge - a classic, lemon/vetiver blend. My fave for day use. Vetiver is a great base note that makes the package last.

Dolce & Gabanna - warm tobacco notes and very complex.

Minotaure - something like Sauvge but with a warmer scent; too bad it\'s no longer in production

Desire by Dunhill - lot\'s of apple here with a wildly differnent angle on fragrance - chicks dig it.

I\'m afraid I lack some of the critical facilities that others here have shown - but I know what I like. RM is best by itself in my experience.

Buddydust
08-01-2002, 10:17 PM
Hi Guys,Today I\'m going to buy my cologne(s).I\'ll let you know which one I will buy later on.

Dave0123210:Thanks for the input.I think I\'ll add Joop in my list.

Aaron:Walmart doesn\'t have any of the colognes that you mentioned,BUT I will email this to myself and pick out a few of those to try.And I won\'t try the blotters.Thanks.By the way,I like your signature.

Track0714:Intuition for men by Estee Lauder....I am curious to try that.

Mtnjim:CK1 and SP Citrus Oil,Hmm Nice Combination.

MDCBarks10:Curve and Lucky You are also on my list too.Thanks for the input.I dunno if they have Truth by CK though.

Nimbus:Thanks for not throwing the book at me Nimbus,heh.You got me interested in Heaven Chopard.I will seriously try it out in the near future.If I get good results,I\'ll let you guys know.

Whitehall:Very Informative Post Whitehall.I\'ll email it to myself.

Ratspeaker:I\'m late to replying to this,but also another informative post.I hope I can find olebanum at my health store.

Joop,Curve,and Lucky You are all on my Hit List so far.I\'m only going to pick one,but if anyone else is welcome to add other cologne suggestions.Side Note:I didn\'t realize that CK Escape and Eternity are for Older Guys.I would figure that younger guys could use them too.Well,I\'m off to bed.Long Day At Work.Peace.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-01-2002, 11:26 PM
No worries Buddydust.

Well all this talk about colones made me go searching for some /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I was down the street today, and noticed \"25% off CK colones\" :d. I couldn\'t help myself. I went in, and looked for Eternity. Smelt fairly good. I bought the 100ml bottle for $35US. But now I noticed that it hasn\'t got a spray thingy /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif. Is there any way of putting one on? Or will I just have to apply it with my fingers? The tester came as a spray on, but that must of been a smaller bottle. I\'m disapointed that it didn\'t come as a spray on. But it smells good, so what the hell.

It won\'t be long before I get some new colones again. Next on my list will be Cool Water, as im running out.

rjm
08-02-2002, 07:45 AM
Just get a sprayer form a drug store or such... I got them from www.aromaticoils.com (\"http://www.aromaticoils.com\"), but they sell by $50 orders. It\'s great if you do a lot of spray things, but for single-product application, I\'d say hunt the local stores.

Any \"better\" department store should have something in the perfume area.

Happy hunting!

**DONOTDELETE**
08-17-2002, 12:56 PM
Hey, Buddydust

Don\'t buy cheap, whatever cologne you buy - because cheap cologne has a synthetic taste to it that will turn the stomach of a woman with a sensitive nose. Most women can taste what they\'re smelling - does that make sense? smells put a taste in your mouth. Cheap colognes have chemicals that put a bad taste in my mouth, give me headaches, even make me gag or make me nauseated. Go to a good perfume store, a place that only sells perfumes, that has knowledgeable salespeople, on an \"off\" time of the day if you can so they will have time to work with you, take your pheromones, and try things. But choose from good brands: Bulgari, Christian Dior, Creed (especially - they cost a fortune but they\'re sooooooo celestial and very pure, and they last like mad, even the light scents), Chanel, Guerlain. If you don\'t have a good perfumery near you, go to a high end department store like Nordstrom\'s. Be prepared to drop some cash.

Sometimes you can find a cheap cologne that wears well and doesn\'t offend anybody but you\'ll have better luck I think if you stick with classic designers/perfumers.

What scents do you guys like to smell on women? Inquiring minds want to know...

Whitehall
08-17-2002, 01:03 PM
Allure

But really, it has to compliment her hair color and natural scents. Archtypically, a blonde can carry florals, a brunette goes well with more musk and warmth, a redhead resonants with spicy.

But give me enough pleasure and I\'ll learn to associate whatever with good feelings. I am throughly conditionable.

Buddydust
08-17-2002, 01:49 PM
Wow,one of my old threads has been brought back to life.For the time being....Hi FullTiltRedhead,I know what you mean by women tasting what they are smelling.I try not to be cheap,but money is kind of tight right now.

The colognes that I do own are The Curve,Old English,Old Spice,a have a little sample of Burt\'s Bay Rum,Bod Man(Musk,Fresh Blue Musk,and Really Ripped Abs) Nautica,and CK1 lotion.I am very interested in Creed,but Whew! You are right about it costing a fortune.Christian Dior and Bulgari will probably be the next ones on my list.I definitely will take them into consideration.Especially since it was suggested by a beautiful lady /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif.

marv14yag
08-17-2002, 02:16 PM
Use your Curve man, that\'s like the 2nd best cologne. No, it\'s not the most MONEY, but it SMELLS the best. I think the BEST is coolwater, even though it doesn\'t COST the most.

Example: you have on Chrome, a girl smells it, and it smells like you\'re RICH, like this is VERY high quality, NICE smelling stuff....You got on coolwaters, the girl doesn\'t think, this is high quality, money, etc, they think, this guy is CLEAN, FRESH, NICE SMELLING, ATTRACTIVE...See the difference, I mean, if you want REALLY expensive cologne, I bet it\'s good for in business, but if you are there to attract a girl, I would suggest coolwaters or curve.

Bart

(Sidenote, the AFTER smell of coolwaters is something unique, it smells SOOOO good, I would wear it JUST for that...Sure, doesn\'t smell like you are someone who has gold chains on, but that\'s NOT the point, IS IT?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-17-2002, 02:30 PM
Thank you, Whitehall, for the feedback -always welcome from a gentleman and a scholar such as yourself.I will try Allure next time I\'m out. I have never smelled it. I LOVE Chanel #19 - have you ever tried it?Interesting these ideas re coloring and scent. I can\'t wear most orientals - I feel suffocated by them, on me - but I love to smell them on other people.I like greens best - Bulgari Eau Pafumee, Chanel #19; next, florals, like Fleurissimo by Creed. For $130.00. HA. I may buy myself another bottle when I get my Xmas bonus. If you have the chance to check it out, would you, and tell me what you think? you have to wait for the dry-down on it - and then Fracas, but it\'s heavy.Any of these sound good?xoxo

**DONOTDELETE**
08-17-2002, 02:36 PM
I\'m sure you know best.Just want to offer the point of view that maybe you don\'t want to wear what everybody\'s wearing. And maybe better to pick one good one and stick to it than have a shelf full of stuff that\'s not really hitting. The cost of all the colognes you have could equal one really good bottle. Maybe try samples? Try before you buy?in any case, i know about the money thing, yo.and most guys smell good just because they smell like guys, with no cologne on, tell you the truth.so not to worrymarv14yag, god, I never want to smell anything that smells like you\'re wearing gold chains...

EXIT63
08-17-2002, 03:03 PM
I like Coolwater, especially when worn by Ukranian go-go girls.