PDA

View Full Version : New to pheromones

**DONOTDELETE**
07-03-2002, 07:45 PM
I just got a bottle of NPA. I am confused as to what it\'s supposed to smell like when applied. Should it be detectable to the nose when applied? I put a drop on my shirt and didn\'t smell a thing when I wore the shirt. How would someone 5 feet away from me notice anything? Or is the smell an \"unconscious\" one?

Thanks a bunch

Lee
07-03-2002, 10:00 PM
You must be one of the people that CAN\'T smell the -none in it, which is a VERY strong BO or catpiss odor. Try one or two drops behind your ears or neck, actually, just use one drop, this stuff is REAL potent and can make you stink real bad even if you can\'t smell it.

Outside of the smell, people should subconsciously pick up the mones, which is actually a bigger range than the scent itself. Just try to remember how people treat you before and try to see the difference with mones. It\'s easy to miss if you don\'t pay attention.

Bruce
07-04-2002, 06:29 AM
Shoe,
ditto what Lee said. There is a definite smell there that almost all women can smell and most men as well. In small amounts and floating around mixed with other fragrances, it works its magic. At OD levels and without cologne, it can give an \"unwashed\" impression. Even under ideal conditions there is a fine line between the two that we all have to walk. Whether you are percieved as sexy or dirty depends on a LOT of factors.
Good luck,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
07-04-2002, 06:57 AM
So you guys are saying that just one drop of the stuff should be noticeable to my nose if i take a deep breath? I can smell it for sure from the bottle, but a single drop doesn\'t seem to give out any smell for me. Do some people smell the stuff better than others?

Thanks for the help.

Bruce
07-04-2002, 08:53 AM
This aNONE smell thing is very special in the world of smells. Fully 25% of US males can not smell anything no matter how concentrated the sample or how hard they try to smell something. It just does not register.

In the bottle, you are most likely smelling the alcohol. If you dump a few drops on a piece of cloth, let it dry and are unable to smell anything at the spot, you are in that 25%. The smell has been compared to urine and body odor.

Bruce

Bruce
07-04-2002, 08:57 AM
By the way, \"taking a deep breath\" is not going to draw the smell to where it needs to be for smelling. The usual short \"sniffing\" inhalations refreshes the air in the area of the olfactory sensors and VNO.

Bruce

franki
07-04-2002, 09:37 AM
Hi

I too cannot smell the a-none. Even when I would put a whole bottle of NPA or TE on myself I wouldn´t smell it. Don´t worry if you don´t smell anything, this stuff really works! Make sure you put on enough cologne to cover the a-none smell. I can get away with high dosages as long as long as I make sure to cover it.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Andy
07-04-2002, 03:32 PM
I thought I couldn\'t smell it too. That changed yesterday. I opened the NPA bottle and unplugged the dropper for mixing, I took a big sniff and was reminded of the smell while cleaning my cat\'s closet instantly, even a bit sharper.