PDA

View Full Version : evidence on a-1, nol, none, rone

**DONOTDELETE**
07-02-2002, 08:38 AM
i\'ve read that pheromones are really only sensed at about 18 inches or less...so you have to be real close

http://www.sirc.org/publik/smell_attract.html (\"http://www.sirc.org/publik/smell_attract.html\")

about the mones...

NOL is present in fresh sweat of men, it is attractive to women
A-1 has been shown to reduce tension, stress, and raise the general mood of the female

don\'t know about RONE
and as for NONE, it is \"neutral\" at best...usually offensive depending on female\'s cycle

anyone have evidence of NONE? are the secret ingredients in NPA the ones that really do the trick? what does NONE do? and what the hell is in REALM for men? i have that, i like the smell but no idea what pheros are in it.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-02-2002, 09:32 AM
JPGR;

None what is there to say bout it? It kicks butt! But you need to know where your prime application is. I have found numrouse positives with it myslef. Ego boost, assertivness, Alpha stature tec. Also found fems are intrigued with me with None alone. But add a bit of nol and you have a great combo.

Realm for men is made for the wearer. Makes the male more comfortab;e. In the past guys were using Realm for women and covering with cologne. As the Fem Reralm makes the fem feel more at ease etc.

A-1 I have not played with by itself. But I am reading and waiting for more reports.

TCO

Whitehall
07-02-2002, 09:39 AM
Unfounded, unsupported, and ill-informed.

The above link is a bogus one, written by people with little first-hand knowledge of the subject. They don\'t seem to have even read the studies they reference, let alone critically evaluate them. Nor do they have the practical experience of the regulars on this forum. Pheromones are still more art than science - or at least the art has out-paced the science.

One should be highly skeptical of a scientific report that comes to conclusions at odds to one\'s own experience and perceptions. Science is a fabulous engine of discovery but for every currently held theory or expounded hypothesis there are 10 others molding away on the shelves of libraries. Too many people treat science as a replacement for faith and religion and that\'s a mistake.

And I\'m in a highly scientific line of work...

**DONOTDELETE**
07-02-2002, 10:40 AM
yea i don\'t know what source to rely on...but if y\'all say NONE really has positive effects (with the risk of course) i\'ll take your word for it

so anyone have an idea what each of the 4 do?

Andy
07-02-2002, 10:52 AM
I think the cookbook says it all. I am not sure what to think about -rone, but it\'s at least not disturbing making contacts.

From the site :

The Social Issues Research Centre is an independent, non-profit organisation founded to conduct research on social and lifestyle issues, monitor and assess global sociocultural trends and provide new insights on human behaviour and social relations.

SIRC aims to provide a balanced, calm and thoughtful perspective on social issues, promoting open and rational debates based on evidence rather than ideology.

In pursuit of this balanced perspective, SIRC conducts research on positive aspects of social behaviour as well as the more problematic aspects that are the focus of most social-science research.

SIRC operates a permanent ‘social intelligence’ unit, engaged in continuous monitoring and assessment of significant social, cultural and ideological trends. For research on specific issues, SIRC maintains its own team of experienced field researchers.

The work of SIRC is guided by an Advisory Board consisting of eminent scientists and consultants in a variety of disciplines. SIRC also provides a channel of communication for a wider forum of scientists engaged in research in related areas.

SIRC welcomes all enquiries, exchanges of ideas and contributions from individuals or organisations with an interest in social issues.

Details of SIRC\'s sources of funding can be obtained by clicking here.

There are some people und \"related links\" like:

Dr Morris was born in Wiltshire in 1928
(imagine hor old this guy is)

Prof. Robin Fox
(anybody read \"The imperial animal ?)

But .. and that\'s strange the authors of the textes on the Webpage are listed nowhere.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-02-2002, 11:00 AM
JPGR, you really should read the cookbook, or check out the reference link on the love-scent main site. Others can correct me if I\'m wrong, but the explainations for the mones are as follows:

-nol = very slight or no odor, \"friendly\" mone that makes people more chatty

-none = \"alpha male\" mone, the one that makes you seem more attractive

-rone = makes other pheros work better

a-1 = seems to calm women down, especially during the high (low?) point in their cycle.

-Dr.B