PDA

View Full Version : Phero Trash

Andy
06-30-2002, 03:23 PM
Ok ... this one should be a collecting thread of pheromone trash in the internet ... I\'ll open with a little collection of ebay hits.

---
WARNING
The internet is filled with offers of phony pheromone products. Before you buy any pheromone based product know the facts.

1) There is no such thing as \"odorless pheromones\". Pure Androstenone (human pheromone) has a very strong and distinctive odor. If you can\'t smell it, it\'s just not in there.

2) Alcohol completely destroys pheromones. Any product containing alcohol cannot possibly contain active pheromones.

Why would anyone buy a worthless bottle of water or alcohol for $10 or $20? My product is made in a laboratory, not in someone\'s kitchen sink.
---

This guy is advertising APC .. looks like it\'s our APC. I must admit, that I\'ve been a little shocked about the alcohol thing, since half of my pheroproducts would be useless. But check it out yourself, a lot of stuff to laugh at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1743086749 (cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1743086749)

-------

This one is from a guy advertising \"One night stand\" to be the best product on the market ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1743943876 (cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1743943876)

-------

another APC advertiser .....

Illegal? Not yet...

But due to how tremendously effective Androstenone Pheromone Concentrate is at attracting women to you, it could be banned soon! This incredible product is REALLY starting to cause a commotion across the country. Don\'t be surprised if Congress addresses this issue soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=889103453 (cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=889103453)

-------

Remember : every product is the best out on the market. Mones will be illegal soon, don\'t like alcohol, and they\'ll make people from the other sex jump you and rip your clothes of .... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-30-2002, 03:41 PM
eBay: Flea Market of the World Wide Web

\'Slinger out.

Andy
06-30-2002, 04:18 PM
I am still thinking about the alcohol thing ....

Lee
06-30-2002, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I don\'t agree with that alcohol thing. I\'ve had hits with TE and NPA, which both have varied amounts of alcohol. I myself feel the effects of PF, and that has alcohol. The SoE Gel and any of those products in \"wipe\" form all contain alcohol. So if this is a true statement, that means more than half of Bruce\'s products don\'t work...and I have to disagree with that.

So it\'s funny what companies do to try and make their product sound superior. We all know that this site is honest, and that\'s good enough for me. Stupid ebay.

FerroMone
06-30-2002, 10:55 PM
I don\'t agre with you that Pheromones are destroyed in Alcohol. I am a chemist so i know these stuff very well.

First, lets consider Androstenone, Androstenone is a Ketone and of course Ketones can never be destroyed by alcohol or a weak base. They can be destroyed by strong bases like detergents or strong acids like HCl or bacterial enzymes.

Second, Lets consider Androstenol, Androstenol is also an Alcohol a secondary alcohol. They can be destroyed by strong Acids but not by weak bases like Ethyl Alcohol.

Third. If you read the study about how ethyl alcohol decreases the effectivity of Androstenone. It is because of the odor of the Ethyl Alchol not because of the destruction of Androstenone in Ethyl Alcohol.

Fourth, If Ethyl Alcohol destroys phero, then why is it that most products are still Alcohol Based ?.

CptKipling
07-01-2002, 05:14 AM
I think that we all have to agree that alcohol does not damage the pheros, because half the products on Love Scent are alcohol based, and they still get phero responces, i know i do. Also, would anyone buy the Chemistry Sets if alcohol was a bad thing?

These people try too hard to sell these products, i\'m always weary of the hard sell. They try to appeal to the \"stupid genious\" side of people (we all have one!), providing facts and figures and various assurences and guarantees, knowing that people tend to respect scientific \"proof\" because they don\'t understand themselves. I you analyse carefully, you can see that the majority of the \"science\" is irrelivent and does not really support the product, it\'s just there for the sake of being \"scientific\", and so convincing to the customer.

Look at this stunning use of rhetoric: If you desire women like this...(shows picture of attractive woman) Then you can\'t afford not to purchase this... (APC)

Basically saiying that this is the only way to get this type of woman, and that you are crazy if you don\'t. We should all know that pheros are no miracle, its more to do with comunication, attitude and personality, pheros give you that primal edge.

Look at this: This so called \"natural aphrodisiac\" helped to insure the survival of the human species.

What total irrelivant balls! This really is quite weak.

As for the \"One Night Stand\" advert, in my eyes it looses all it\'s credability when it critasises other products directly, if One Night Stand is so good, then why can\'t it sell it\'self?

\"ATTRACT WOMEN! Best Pheromones! We Prove It!\" Really? Where? Where does it prove that this this is the *best* phero product?

The advert proclaiming the illegality of pheros is pure lies and specualtion. The main pitch is quite convincing, until you reach the \"Legal Discliamer\"- he\'s kidding? Right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*LEGAL DISCLAIMER - As stated above, this product STRONGLY influences other people. As a distributor of this product, I urge that it be used in a responsible manner. Although there is no current legal precedent regarding it\'s use or misuse, I will not be held accountable, legally or in any other way, for any unfair, immoral, or unethical uses of Androstenone Pheromone Concentrate by the end consumer, over whom I have no control, and to whom, I sell this product in good faith.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I\'m stressing all of this as a warning, don\'t be fooled this easily, don\'t be tricked into not thinking properly. You may think that the ad answers all of your questions, but that is what he is trying to do, make you believe you don\'t have to worry about thinking it through.

If you read something like: \"Absolutely not! The pheromones are odorless[-none in APC]\" it hits you, you know -none isn\'t ordorless, so it is lying, what else is it lying about...?

Andy
07-01-2002, 09:45 AM
I really did it .. I can\'t believe it. I grabbed all of my old chemistry books from school and checked it. Weird sellers. I worked for 5 years in the sales business and such things still get me to think about \"facts\" I should know better. Well, much of the education of sales people is psychological, that is really true for independant institutions (educations from insurance companies a.s.o.).
There is a law prohibiting everything you can imagine. Why isn\'t there a law out there, in any country of the world, prohibiting f***ing with peoples minds like that.