PDA

View Full Version : My mom and sister HATE pheromones! Is this normal?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-27-2002, 07:38 AM
So i was wearing SoE/NPA. JB-X. JB1. Anything with NPA or TE in it, my sister absolutely hates. SoE alone is fine with her but as soon as anything contains none, she senses it right away and says it\'s nasty. Now do i just smell bad to her, or is it that other people aren\'t going to tell me? My dad and bro think it smells fine. This is a normal reaction from my sister right? Other girls should think it smells good i hope.

Whitehall
06-27-2002, 07:49 AM
Quite normal. Mothers will notice right off the use of exogenous pheromones. Sister should too, depending on how close you are.

Remember the old line about something as exciting as kissing your sister? Your siblings have very similar genes and smell and taste (as in kissing) are one way for siblings (or any two people closely related) to avoid sex with each other. This is a a good facility to have! With your male relatives, this is not an issue. When you change your pheromone signature by wearing exogenous pheromones, you\'ve confused your poor sister! Your mother knows your scent from birth and could have picked you out from a batch of others.

I think most of us find we it is good practice to avoid wearing pheromones around our close relatives of the opposite sex.

SwingerMD
06-27-2002, 08:59 AM
Hmm . . . so far I seem to have no rxn from my mother or sister on any pheremone that I wore. My brother is a different story /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif . He is very chatty with SOE and very quiet and respectful when I wear -none. The interesting this is that my brother and I are pretty distant while my sister and I are pretty close.

franki
06-27-2002, 09:21 AM
I found my sister and mother to react positively when I was wearing SOE or A1.

A couple of months ago, when I visited them, my mother immediately started sniffing my wrists (where I had applied SOE + Boss Elements EDT) after we sat down. She said I smelled good.

I then asked her to smell my neck, where I had sprayed JB1, and of that smell she was not very enthousiastic. Maybe she was even repelled by the a-none but just did not want to say I smelled bad.

Well FWIW,

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-27-2002, 09:23 AM
\"I think most of us find we it is good practice to avoid wearing pheromones around our close relatives of the opposite sex. \"

So wouldn\'t that be true for other people close to you of the opposite sex that have come used to and comfortable of your
natural scent like husbands making them feel uncomfortable with a new sig. they don\'t reconize anymore?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-27-2002, 10:56 AM
jadj: that\'s a tough one you just brought up /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Comments on the forum are numerous about this topic and there are at least a couple of different points of view... I\'ll tell you how I see the thing (a little about it is reported on the Cookbook, I\'m planning to add some more stuff about it), from a male point of view. It\'s all IMHO of course! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

For relatives of the opposite sex, -none is a no go, I guess because it changes drastically your signature. Maybe, unconsciously, your relatives are recognizing you in a different way. -nol instead doesn\'t affect your relatives so much. My guess is that maybe -nol just reports that you are \"open for chat\" or similar things; IMHO it\'s just an \"enhancement\" of your own signature.

For close non-relatives, that\'s another whole story. They know you by your usual pheromone signature, but they are not strongly and statically linked to it like your mother is. So they will be a little disoriented at first, and that\'s why pheromone products work best on people you don\'t know. But in the end they\'ll probably accept the change: I read numberless reports of people who are spicing up their marriage with the phero stuff, and their wife reacting *very* positively if you catch my drift /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I might be wrong for this, so I make the usual call for comments.

Whitehall
06-27-2002, 12:33 PM
Jadj,

You and Nimbus caught a good point - I should have said one should be cautious wearing NONE around BLOOD relatives.

As to spouses, I wonder if their responses to new pheromone use are more enthusiatic AFTER the 7 year anniversery?

Watcher
06-27-2002, 01:17 PM
For all the information below this is a very normal and common reaction from mothers and sisters.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-29-2002, 05:12 PM
JPGR;

My mother just hates the smell of me when I wear heavy None products. And TE is her biggest dislike. I wore a shirt that was laundered but had an application on prior to washing, and she stilled smelled it.

So be careful around moms.
TCO

**DONOTDELETE**
07-07-2002, 02:52 AM
oh well, who cares what they think huh

Watcher
07-07-2002, 02:55 AM
Lots of us do if you gotta live with em ill disagree with you on this one acestafford.