PDA

View Full Version : Getting the smell out from old oils

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2002, 12:56 PM
I\'m trying to whip up some JB1 and put it into one of these small dram containers that used to have ylang oil in it. Problem is I can\'t get all of the old scent out. I can get it out of the container, but not that plastic cap. So far have used dish soap and lemon \"pine-sol\". Any ideas?

Andy
06-24-2002, 01:20 PM
Hmm .. I use to buy dropper bottles from a drugstore or pharmacy. It\'s hard work to get rid of essential oil scents, especially from plastic surfaces, because the surface is not as even and hard as, for example, glass or metal.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2002, 01:35 PM
Hey there;

If trying to get rid of scents try some warm water and dissolve some baking soda in it....place your bottle/jar in it and let it soak over night. I have used this for glass vials and jars and seems to do a good job....But if it is oils you are trying to get rid of...try a bit of Dawn dishsoap for a while then rinse and do the baking soda soak.
Hope this helps.

TCO

Whitehall
06-24-2002, 01:36 PM
Try using alcohol solvent - Everclear.

Andy
06-24-2002, 01:42 PM
.. wouldn\'t it solve the plastic too to some degree ?

Whitehall
06-24-2002, 02:32 PM
The plastic should be good for the solvents in NPA and APC which includes alcohol if I remember correctly. I don\'t think you\'ll have a problem.

camusflage
06-24-2002, 06:50 PM
Go to www.carolina.com. (\"http://www.carolina.com.\") They have 1 dram containers. If memory serves correct, it\'s $9.50 for 36 with free shipping.