PDA

View Full Version : newbie question

**DONOTDELETE**
06-18-2002, 09:39 AM
I\'m trying to figure out which phero product(s) to try. I\'m 26 and 5\'9\", and I\'m hoping to attract 21-27 y.o. women. I\'d prefer an unscented product (so it won\'t interfere with my usual cologne). Thanks in advance for your help.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-18-2002, 10:34 AM
Dino;

As far as a standalone product that is called unscented, I would suggest NPA. It is a great product and when combined with certain men’s colognes creates a somewhat better scent. Hard to explain because it differs widely with different scents. But if you look at the boards and archives and maybe do a query or search for NPA you will find a plentitude of info. Search the oldest archives and you should get some great mix ratios and application tips. But for starters try about a 1:5 ratio of NPA to Cologne. This seems to be about right for a starting point.

Anyway hope I could help.

TCO

**DONOTDELETE**
06-18-2002, 12:03 PM
TCO, thanks for the help.

I was actually leaning towards The Edge because a standalone spray seemed more convenient than an additive that needs to be mixed. Is NPA more effective than The Edge (particulalry for attracting younger women)?

Thanks again,
Dino

**DONOTDELETE**
06-18-2002, 12:39 PM
Dino;

Cannot really say one is better as the other. THey are both supposed to be the same phero profile. But NPA seems (at least for me) the better. As you can use NPA either straight from the bottle or mix. If you are to use straight please use caution as it is very strong. One or two drops max...and go from there..weither less or more. But TE works great as well. I have had huge hits woith TE alone or in combo with others.

SO bets of Luck

TCO

Lee
06-18-2002, 10:02 PM
I think TE would be good for you only because NPA is really potent and very easy to OD. OD\'ing is a very common rookie mistake. Then again, they are the same price so it really is up to you. If you get either products, make sure to throw in SPMO or SoE gel packs because the -nol from those products makes a big difference to TE or NPA, at least for me it does.

I\'ve never had a TE hit alone, but mixed in with SPMO, I do.

oscar
06-19-2002, 10:38 AM
dino,

Unscented TE and NPA are both good products, but \"unscented\" is something of a misnomer when applied to these two. They are both rich in fairly musky smelling Androstenone, and as such have a distinctive aroma that WILL affect the scent of your regular cologne. ( Many fragrances will actually be affected quite positively by the addition of NPA, but that\'s not the direction I\'m heading here. )

Since your target age range of females, especially the lower end of the range, fall into the group that are often put off by heavy A-None, I would recommend trying Androstenone Fragrance Additive ( AFA ) from Stone Labs. It\'s an even blend of Androstenone and Androstenol. But the Androstenone that Stone makes is much more stealthful than that made by LaCroy who puts out TE and NPA. Something about the purity of the reagents that are used. It\'s as TRULY scentless as any phero product I\'ve tried.

Expense-wise it\'s not as good a deal as NPA, but if you really don\'t want to interfere with your regular fragrance, and you\'re targeting women in their early twenties, I really believe that AFA is your best bet.
You can find it here:
http://www.love-scent.com/stone-lab/index.html (\"http://www.love-scent.com/stone-lab/index.html\")

Good Luck!
Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-23-2002, 01:15 PM
Thanks to TCO (again), Lee, and Oscar for your help.

Oscar\'s pitch for AFA is quite intriguing, although it doesn\'t seem to be mentioned very often in this forum.

By the way, what is SPMO? I can\'t seem to match any of the products on this site with those letters.

Thanks again,
Dino

upsidedown
06-23-2002, 01:25 PM
SPMO stands for Super Primal Musk Oil. You can get to it under the heading SP Essential Oils.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-23-2002, 01:42 PM
hi dino, just my $0.02:

since you mentioned that you are interested in attracting younger women, SoE (Scent of Eros by JVK) might be extremely effective for you. It\'s a blend of nol and rone, and seems to get its job nicely done. Too bad I\'ve not tried it yet, but I\'m sure to get it with my next order.

My personal suggestion for your shopping basket would be
Scent of Eros
Super Primal Oil (musk is the most popular one, but Bruce recently added 5 new fragrances which you might like)
if you want a none product too (and have enough money) i\'d try Rogue Male. Take a look at the Cookbook to get some quick info on products.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-23-2002, 08:55 PM
You want to try JB #1 and SOE. Trust me.

-The Bat

PHP 87
06-24-2002, 10:41 PM
Bat - Do you mean a combo of JB1 and SOE?

I\'ve been kicking around the idea of using both simultaeneously.

Any recommendations as far as dosage, ratio and placement?

CptKipling
06-25-2002, 03:48 AM
Keep an eye out for my JB-X Guide that i will be posting soon, one of the things mentioned is a new mix that seems to work very well with younger people. I will include full testing and conclusions etc.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-25-2002, 01:06 PM
CptKipling: if you agree, I think it might be a nice idea to include your guide in the Forum\'s Cookbook, to have all the information in one single place; what do you think about it?

The new mix you mention seems very interesting, does it have to do with tweaking with the ratio of JBX?

Good testing!

oscar
06-25-2002, 03:35 PM
Atomicboy,

There\'s an unscented JB #1?

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

CptKipling
06-27-2002, 06:20 AM
Yeah ok Nimbus, good idea. How do you want me to do it though? Are you going to start a new thread each time you update? If so, do you want me to PM it to you, so you can include it in the next version?

There is some broader stuff aswell, so i guess it would be usefull to have it in the Cookbook.

I do tweak JBX, but that\'s not the new mix, just have to wait /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-27-2002, 10:04 AM
We could do a double check of the merge: as soon as you got the JBX Guide completed you could PM it to me, in a matter of days I would merge it in the Cookbook and PM the final merged version to you; when the both of us are satisfied with the work, we release the final merged version on the forum... Let me know what you think about this!

About the threading issue yes, starting a new thread at each update is a bit painful but I don\'t know of a better way. Some bulletin boards system have an \"article\" option that allows user to post documents for reference (not using a thread), but I don\'t think that the one we are using now has such a feature /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Can\'t wait about the mix... good testings again!

**DONOTDELETE**
06-27-2002, 03:54 PM
Oscar,

Thanks for the help. I ordered a bottle AFA today. Maybe I\'ll end up doing my own mixing eventually, but AFA seemed like a good way to start.

Dino

CptKipling
06-28-2002, 08:02 AM
Yeah ok sounds good. Some parts are nearing completion, i\'ll send them to you soon