PDA

View Full Version : test post

**DONOTDELETE**
05-27-2002, 12:34 AM
Let´s see how it goes.......

**DONOTDELETE**
05-27-2002, 12:36 AM
In the old forum my name was shown as Franki, but now my login-name fvdb occurs. I don´t like this, but I don´t know how to change my login, without registering again. ???????

Bruce
05-27-2002, 01:41 AM
Franki,
I looked around quite a bit, and I don\'t think there is anyway you can change that. I don\'t know why, but whatever your \"user name\" is will be displayed to others. Your \"real\" name can be revealed or kept secret, but the user name is who you become on the forum. In the old \"UBB Classic\" forum, you could flip a switch and have your \"real\" name displayed to everyone. If you want Franki to be displayed, I think you will have to reregister. I looked around quite a bit.

I just set up a new forum for discussing how to use the forum. Let\'s take the discussion over there...

BTW, you can change the language of the forum to German if you want.

Bruce

jose
05-27-2002, 03:24 AM
This is the fourth reincarnation of the forum, looks pretty cool. The color is too bright that\'s the only problem I have.

Bruce
05-27-2002, 04:09 AM
Jose,
You can change the way the forum appears to you quite a bit.

Click on the \"My Home\" link at the top of the page.
Go to the bottom of that page to the \"Main Configuration\" area and click on the \"display preferences\" link. Then change the page template. There are a few to choose from. Some are pretty wild.

Bruce

jose
05-27-2002, 07:25 AM
Thanks Bruce now it doesn\'t look so bright, you know how it is with hangovers /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-27-2002, 10:32 AM
Nice job Bruce :-)

Watcher
05-27-2002, 11:55 AM
Yeah it works a heck of a lot better and is way quicker with new features im liking this new forum plus i can see who is also online at the same time. And see who is viewing my threads and also how many lurkers we have online as well watching us he he .

**DONOTDELETE**
05-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Very professional looking. Much better, a great improvement.