PDA

View Full Version : Anyone an expert on phermones?

**DONOTDELETE**
09-29-2001, 05:57 PM
How does pheromones work? I mean what chemical changes does pheromones so to the brain of the opposite sex? Can anyone explain in detail?

Primal Instinct (Didnt get my one as yet images/icons/frown.gif )

oscar
09-30-2001, 12:27 PM
Primal,

In a nutshell,Pheromones activate receptors in the Vomero-Nasal Organ (VNO) within the nose,which is separate from the olfactory system (sense of smell).VNO transmits signals to Hyperthalamus (a primitive part of the brain) indicating a potential mating opportunity.

images/icons/laugh.gif
Oscar

CJ01
09-30-2001, 02:08 PM
And it is not just the opposite sex either, nor by the way is it down to a particular age.

It `works´on anyone who is RECEPTIVE to them, and this can be a man, a woman, teenager, someone over 65 and animals also.

And the reactions can vary from someone coming onto you, smiling, being chatty, more friendly or, the opposite meaning the reactions can also be negative.

CJ images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-29-2001, 03:47 AM
Check all sorts of posts the info is being piled up, good to hear politicans are able to have sexual banter exchanges in public im thinking colin powell maybe or george harrision oops hes the ex-beatles member wrong one.
But in a nutshell most people are receptive to pheromones on one level and one response or another we are finding.
On the other hand i dont know the advertising industry is though ????? all sorts of ethical minefields with that industry.