PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference?

pherosilva
05-09-2002, 04:56 AM
What\'s the difference between androstenone and androstenol? which of those two attract women and what products out there offer the best concetration of both or the best concentration of the one that attracts women?

Thanks

Teak
05-09-2002, 07:50 AM
I think -nol is meant to give a more friendly, flirty, talkable, approachable reaction. Where -none is meant to be more alpha-male so more dominant, powerful, sexually attractive. Some however, find too much -none with women (especially at certain times of the month and/or if they are young) can have a negative effect and scare them off. So a balance between the two might be a good idea rather than 1 alone. Supposedly -rone might improve both -nol and -none results and a1 is meant to be a female mood enhancer. I\'m sure some of the more senior forum members can provide a more clear statement of what reaction is normally expected with each type.

Whitehall
05-09-2002, 01:03 PM
Here\'s a link to a good paper describing the nol effects and guessing at a biological finction.
http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/images/androstenol_as_a_pheromone_promo.htm (\"http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/images/androstenol_as_a_pheromone_promo.htm\")

oscar
05-09-2002, 02:10 PM
Whitehall,

Real interesting paper. It did throw me a bit though when they attributed the mating stance in sows to A-Nol. I thought that was an A-None evoked response.

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-09-2002, 02:17 PM
me too oscar...could we be all wrong about none...maybe i should be lathering up in soe like there is no tommorow....oscar, you are extrememly smart on these subjects...help us out on this!!!

Whitehall
05-09-2002, 02:43 PM
I\'ve seen that same confusion elsewhere.

I think is now a reliable fact that none causes sow posturing for mating, not nol.

Note the date on the article - 1995.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-10-2002, 12:13 AM
One thing that gets me about the necklace study is that women exposed to -nol overnight interacted more with various men during the day. I assume the women weren\'t wearing the necklaces during the day. This implies that the phero effect may not be specific to the emitter and may have more of general effect on the recipient.