PDA

View Full Version : A Spray vs. A Drop

**DONOTDELETE**
05-05-2002, 06:31 AM
I realize that this can only be approximated, but for my peace of mind I would like to get a ball park figure, because it would help me with my experimentation. I keep reading that 2 drops of PI or more is definitely an OD for most. In terms of volume(not phero content) how would an average spray compare to a drop of say PI? For a guidliine I would like to figure about how many sprays of Andro 4.2 I need to get the same amount of -none that is in one drop and two drops of PI. According to the chart, PI would be about 3.6 times as concentrated as Andro 4.2, by volume. Is that correct? So in terms of liquid volume, I should be able to wear a few times more Andro 4.2 than of PI.

Thus, I need to know roughly how a spray compares to a drop. Can anyone help me with that.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-05-2002, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the answer Oscar.
At this point I am not equipped with all the necessary eyedroppers etc. for measuring things. From what your saying, and from other things I am reading on the forum, I must be one of the OD Kings running around out there. I use anywhere between 1 and 4 sprays of Andro 4.2. Maybe I\'ll try to go minimulist, but it isn\'t much fun, since whenever I try it I seem to get no hits whatsoever.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-05-2002, 09:39 PM
I just finished a bottle of Attraction, which I believe is made by the same folks (and hopefully uses the same sprayer) as Andro 4.2. Recognizing opportunity when it arises images/icons/laugh.gif I measured 30ml isopropyl alcohol into the empty Attraction bottle and sprayed until it was gone. I got 190 sprays out of 30ml of juice. Note - I left the cap a little loose - multiple sprays with the top screwed tight generate a vacuum and less volume per spray than they should. This works out to 0.158 ml/spray - a bit higher than others have reported.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-05-2002, 10:02 PM
Hmm... So do you get a more consistent spray with the cap loose? I would have thought the opposite. I should try to loosen the cap sometimes.

oscar
05-05-2002, 10:09 PM
Marvellous,

Most sprays I\'ve measured, especially mainstream cologne/eau de toilette bottles deliver just about three drops per spray.

You can get better than a ballpark estimate of your own particular sprayer by spraying ten or twenty shots into a glass and then measuring it with an eyedropper and dividing the number of drops by the number of sprays.

This works nicely if you can put the stuff back in the bottle it came from, or if you\'re getting ready to make a mix. Andro 4.2 has a screw off top I believe, so you can just put the drops right back into the bottle as you measure.

Without knowing exactly how many drops are delivered per spray of A4.2, I\'d estimate that being an alcohol based product, A4.2 would give you @ 40 drops/ mL.
Using that estimate:
At .14mg/mL one drop would yield @ .0035mg/drop of A-None.
At this concentration 4 drops would give a safe but presumably effective dose of .014mg of A-None, while 6 drops would deliver a potent .021mg dose.

So if the sprayer delivers 3 drops per spray, one spray may not be enough, while two sprays might be too much! images/icons/crazy.gif
Life can be cruel sometimes! images/icons/wink.gif

Since PI is oil based the number of drops per milliliter is probably more like 30 (just guessing). So one drop of PI would then contain a comfortable .0166 mg of A-None and two would give you a whopping .033 mg. And that\'s WAY TOO MUCH!
Hope this answers your question.

Oscar images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-06-2002, 12:39 PM
I doubt it makes any difference for a spray or two. If you are trying to empty the entire bottle to get an average measurement, after a while a vacuum builds up and the sprays get smaller. A LOT smaller - you can feel it.