PDA

View Full Version : Odd reactions to SPMO

**DONOTDELETE**
05-02-2002, 02:02 PM
So, this is the SP Musk oil? I tried the SP Vanilla today and don\'t like the scent as much.

Whitehall
05-02-2002, 02:25 PM
It could have been HER diet. Too much salt, not enough l-arginine, extra chocolate, etc.

It could have been YOUR diet. Too much red meat, not enough vegetables, sardines, etc.

Just a guess.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-02-2002, 06:22 PM
Did you have anything else cologne-wise on either time?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Too much SPMO can make women crabby. Read my list in The Hit Squad MU post.

Bruce
05-02-2002, 10:10 PM
There have been at least two threads concerning mothers who got upset when they noticed pheromones on their sons. Maybe it upsets a long-standing mother/child pheromone signature understanding. That she liked it the first time surprises me more than her freaking out the second.
Bruce

aaron
05-02-2002, 10:52 PM
Last Saturday I applied a drop of SPMO behind each ear. My mother was wondering what the nice cologne was that I had on.

Today, I did the same. Different reaction: \"Oh God! What have you put on? It\'s horrible, sickly and feminine.\"

I kinda doubt it\'s to do with her monthly cycle...she\'s 72 and had a hysterectomy 30 years ago.

oscar
05-03-2002, 02:07 PM
aaron,

I might suggest that even though the two separate applications came from the same bottle, they may have been two different products.

If you look carefully at a bottle of SP oil, whether musk, citrus, or vanilla, you\'ll note two distinct layers of liquids. After being shaken the stuff looks cloudy, but never really homogenizes in my opinion.
Also the liquid that is in the dropper tube doesn\'t get mixed well (if at all) with the rest of what\'s in the bottle no matter how hard or long you shake it.

Which is why I always shake the hell out of it, open the top and empty the dropper into the bottle, close and shake again, and repeat. Then apply QUICKLY! (Okay, I\'m somewhat anal!) But this does seem to deliver a consistant product in terms of dose and scent.

Maybe mom got the top half one time and the bottom the other. Odds are, judging from prior mom-related posts, the one that she DIDN\'T like was the one that most altered your natural phero signature.

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
05-03-2002, 02:39 PM
Oscar,
Are the oils still separating out like that? The maker was supposed to have corrected that problem. All the samples I have stay mixed.
Bruce

oscar
05-03-2002, 03:24 PM
Bruce,

I don\'t know about recently bought SP oils. Mine have been around for a while. I got them when I bought the Chem Set last fall.

Check that! I just remembered that I got a new bottle of SP Citrus oil (which I\'ve just now taken out of the bubble pack) with purchase of A1, and you\'re right, it does appear to be homogenized. No layering at all. images/icons/smile.gif

So much for that theory, unless aaron has some of the old stuff.

Oscar images/icons/crazy.gif

Xehupatl
05-03-2002, 09:04 PM
aaron may have just entered .. THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!!

aaron
05-04-2002, 01:14 AM
Most people I know consider me to live in the Twilight Zone 100% of my life images/icons/tongue.gif

Wilde: there appears to be no layering in the bottle of the SPMO, a nice homogenous mixture. Despite this, I usually do what you do. Shake the h-e-double-hockey-sticks out of it (and everything else I have) before applying. It should be the new batch of SP oils since I only received it two weeks ago.

Whitehall: very interesting point you bring up regarding diet. It\'s well known that certain condiments (ie garlic and spices) are excreted through the skin pores, giving a very sickly-sweet odour if consumed regularly and in large amounts.
Something like this would certainly affect the efficacy of anything applied to the skin...aftershave, cologne, pheros?
My diet\'s pretty normal...probably too much of the healthy side I guess....same as my mothers\'s (I\'m assuming this in her case since, touch wood, she\'s always been as healthy as a butcher\'s dog).

Has anyone experienced any correlation between phero usage and diet?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-04-2002, 07:44 AM
Was there a difference in the timing between the two times your mother smelled the SPMO? I don\'t much care for the smell of it myself for the first couple of hours - I wouldn\'t quite go \"horrible, sickly and feminine images/icons/smile.gif \" but it definately seems to improve with time. Maybe your mother liked it better after it aged a bit?

aaron
05-04-2002, 08:03 AM
Bassman: No, not really...applied an hour or so each time before I went to her place. No change anywhere other than what I was wearing (clothes-wise).