PDA

View Full Version : combos and reactions

xvs
04-29-2002, 05:34 PM
I\'ve noticed an odd hit reaction lately. It\'s happened at least 6 times: I\'m standing near or I pass by a woman and then after a few moments she walks up to me and says \"where have we met before?\".

Sometimes I have in fact met them, but other times I haven\'t. Odd reaction.

I\'ve been getting nice positive responses, but unfortunately everyone who has responded has been either married, taken, or not attractive to me.

Oh well... eventually...

[ April 30, 2002: Message edited by: xvs ]

Lee
04-29-2002, 05:46 PM
What were you wearing?

xvs
04-29-2002, 05:51 PM
Chem set: about 1:1 -nol and -dienone. Maybe 1-2 drops of each.

HB_88
04-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Caution: wild speculations. images/icons/crazy.gif

I think I may have figured it out, at least metaphorically. -NOL is identified as the \"friendly\" and even \"chatty\" \'mone, whereas -dienone seems to work best to defuse conflicts and to reinforce relationships with those close to us.

Maybe this combination pushes the right subconscious buttons to make her feel as if a) she knows you and b) wants to talk to you. Make sense?

I wonder if this \"familiarity reaction\" could be generalized to deja vu. Meaning, could pheromones (PLEASE NOTE: not necessarily the exact combination listed above!!) induce a feeling of deja vu in a place such as a theme park haunted house; and, could this explain some of what we humans experience as deja vu: someone with the right body chemistry happens to walk through a place, and it seems as if you\'ve been there before, but you just can\'t say why.

I wonder if, cross-culturally, people tend to have fewer deja vu moments in frequently-cleaned, well-ventilated or newly-constructed environments because few people (or even animals, I guess) have randomly deposited pheromones there. Perhaps this is why the notion of the haunted house is more prevalent than the notion of, say, the haunted parking lot, or the haunted ice cube tray.

Certainly not all interior spaces are so poorly ventilated that pheromones would tend to collect there. Consider how my vague notion has difficulty predicting how people would respond to hospitals: plenty of \'mones exuded, but regularly cleaned.

But then again, completely disregarding supernatural explanations such as ghosts and hauntings, which do you suppose people would tend to find more haunted: a submarine in which hundreds of crewmen had sweated (died, even) in close quarters during a naval battle; or, the same submarine in dock before its launch?

(I wonder if they award research grants for off-the-wall speculation. If so, I can retire early.)

This line of reasoning fascinates me since I\'m somewhat more interested in the strategic use of pheromones than the tactical uses (see my earlier posts here (\"http://hit-central.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001446\")and here (\"http://hit-central.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001535\")) Back in the 1950s there was a brief fad called Smell-O-Vison, which I doubt I have to explain. Just think of how entertainment could be enhanced by pheromones. (I\'ll leave to your imaginations just what sort of entertainment I\'m referring to. images/icons/tongue.gif )

I\'d better wind this down...

Keep in mind that I\'m not proposing a final theory of deja vu, consciousness, galaxy formation, or global warming on the basis of a few \"hits,\" but that I\'m just wondering if there\'s really more here than meets the eye. This post is not to be confused with real science; pretend you\'ve just watched an episode of In Search Of... images/icons/tongue.gif

HB_88

[ April 30, 2002: Message edited by: HB_88 ]

[ April 30, 2002: Message edited by: HB_88 ]

xvs
04-30-2002, 03:18 AM
I went out again tonight after a nap and put on some more pheromones, adding quite a bit of -none.

A female friend was talking to me and at some point she said \"are you wearing a new scent?\"

I said yes, \"I\'m making my own cologne,\" (which is true, but that\'s another story) \"How do you like it?\"

She thought for a while and said \"I like it but it\'s ...\" she seemed to be trying to grasp the words but couldn\'t find them. Finally she said \"it\'s a little dark. Whatever it is you\'re adding to make it dark I think you should put in a little less of it. It\'s good, but kind of scary.\"

I\'m pretty sure the \'dark\' stuff was the -none...

**DONOTDELETE**
04-30-2002, 01:36 PM
How much -none did you put in?

xvs
04-30-2002, 01:42 PM
It was like 2-3 drops of .5mg/ml -none on my body total I would say. So maybe 1-2 drops is better.

xvs
05-01-2002, 02:14 AM
What other reactions have you got and from what mones? Do different ones seem to produce different reactions to you?