PDA

View Full Version : Misc. NPA questions

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2002, 11:01 AM
Hi All -

Couple of questions for you:

1. It appears that the little sample/test vials of cologne they give out at various dept. stores are all about the same volume. Anyone know approx. how much might be contained therein? And, more importantly, about how many drop of NPA one might want to add right into one of these vials for best results?

2. Speaking of NPA drops, is there any to yank off the little plastic top? I find that the dropper doesn\'t do a very good job and often end up wasting NPA as it runs down the sides of the bottle. I\'d love to be able to open it up fully and use my own eye-dropper. Comments/suggestions?

Thanks!

.WiseMan

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2002, 11:19 AM
WISEMAN, I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER TO #1 BUT I CAN TESTIFY TO QUESTION #2...USE A SHARP KITCHEN KNIFE AND CAREFULLY PRY IT OUT..IT WILL POP OUT, JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT SPILL ANY OF IT IN THE PROCESS....

Whitehall
04-29-2002, 11:29 AM
When you pull the dropper thingy off the top of the bottle, an appreciable dose of NPA will cling to the dropper. Whenever I remove the dropper, I\'m prepared to dab the NPA on to myself from the dropper. It\'s a large dose too.

Don\'t want to waste any precious fluids!

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2002, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Whitehall:
Don\'t want to waste any precious fluids!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is so much easier said than done! And that\'s the reason for my post. When I tried to pour a few drops into a vial I was using, I ended spilling and wasting so much of the stuff it was making me angry....

.WiseMan

aaron
04-29-2002, 12:16 PM
Yes....and there\'s only 5ml of the stuff as well. Never certain why they don\'t put it in a 10ml size bottle like PI comes in.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2002, 05:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>1. It appears that the little sample/test vials of cologne they give out at various dept. stores are all about the same volume. Anyone know approx. how much might be contained therein?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfume Sampler vials come in three sizes:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>1/6 dram ( .616 ml) - 35 mm long.
5/16 dram (1.155 ml) - 45 mm long.
3/8 dram (1.386 ml) - 58 mm long.
[/list]

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2002, 09:31 PM
i see what you mean wiseman if you have any SPMO oil try using that dropper, i find that this works for me and never spill any. that dropper is small but can give a heavy drop so watchout....try one drop as two seems to me when i use one drop from the SPMO oil dropper i can rub my wrist together and get both at the same time..and stil get a shot of the Musk oil for the mask.

good luck...waste not want not&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;