PDA

View Full Version : "What is that smell?!?!!!"

**DONOTDELETE**
04-28-2002, 01:59 PM
About 8 months ago, I started using some pheromone product I bought on the internet. I saw results, and ended up meeting my beautiful ex-girlfriend. We broke up about 3 months ago, and we occasionally hang out still, but as friends, even though I\'d would like to get her back. I recently started using unscented TE. I\'ve worn it around her a few times, and everytime, she says \"Oh, what\'s that smell?!! It smells like rubbing alcohol...it\'s so strong!\" And I can\'t smell anything at all. I use TE with Cool Water Cologne, but I guess that doesn\'t help to mask the smell. I always use only one spray of the stuff, too. I don\'t know what to do.

Bruce
04-28-2002, 03:05 PM
I\'m not sure about the rubbing alc reaction. If sniffed directly within a couple of minutes of application you could well smell the ethanol, but not long after that. In any case though, I would:
1. apply the Edge to your wrists only, let it dry completely and then sniff there and see if you don\'t get a sense of what it smells like. There is a definite smell and I think it might be useful to see if you can\'t develop the ability to pick it up.
2. Before you meet your gf next time, apply TE to your wrists only and put your Cool Water right on the same spot; then rub your wrists together for 10-20 seconds to get it mixed in well. Sniff test that spot yourself and see if you don\'t notice anything different from your normal Cool Water. See what your gf has to say then, and if she says \"What\'s that smell?\" offer her your wrist and ask \"Is it this? It\'s my new cologne..\" See what happens and get back to us please.

Bruce

Lee
04-28-2002, 05:02 PM
If the worst thing she says is that she smells rubbing alcohol, that\'s not so bad. It\'s better than being told you smell like piss.

Anyway, the only time I was told about the alcohol thing was meeting someone right after I sprayed some on. Even I could sense the alcohol fume in my nose for a small while.