PDA

View Full Version : Mixing NPA question

**DONOTDELETE**
04-27-2002, 11:33 AM
Some people seem to think so. I haven\'t decided.
#1- NPA application, then cologne next to it...
Nothing covers the NPA, so it will disperse normally. Though, at the application points, you will smell differently...i.e. if someone hugs you and sniffs right at the NPA point, they will get a strong -none whiff, with a light cologne whiff...maybe not good. They may get too much of a -none whiff...

#2- Mix NPA and cologne...
It isn\'t very likely that the cologne will keep the pheros from dispersing, as most of the cologne is alcohol, and will evaporate very quickly. But, let us assume the cologne will hold a little amount of the pheros to the skin. But, the mixture will smell differently and better, so less chance of OD...

In the end- maybe a little bit of a difference...but then again, it\'s the little things that matter right??? I know I didn\'t give you an answer, but hopefully, I\'ve made it so you can discover the answer for Wiseman personally, as I imagine it will be different for everyone.

Whitehall
04-27-2002, 03:27 PM
I started with mixing in one bottle cologne and NPA. Some of the essential oils in colognes and perfumes have a way of holding back the release of the other, more volitile fragrances (\"Fixing\") - a classic example is vetiver as a base for colognes. This is fine but one loses control of relative locations and concentrations. It does link the release rates of pheromones and fragances to some degree.

Lately, I\'ve been applying a cover cologne separately from the NPA/SoE/PCC/Andro-1. Frankly, I think this is better. Location affects release rates and broadcast area (head hair vs. armpits vs. wrists.) it also allows tailoring for the social circumstances (PTA vs. office vs. dive bar.)

One\'s a convenient, one-bottle solution; the other is more hassle but more flexible.

Have fun.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-27-2002, 10:51 PM
Hi All -

Assume for the sake of this conversation that the actually ratios are irrelevant (or average out to be the exact same for both instances) -- will there be a difference in results between these two:

1. Applying NPA straight out of its bottle and then applying cologne, next to, but not on top of the NPA.

2. Mixing the NPA and cologne and then solely applying this new mixture.

Thanks!

(Apparently not so) .WiseMan