PDA

View Full Version : Communication skills

**DONOTDELETE**
04-24-2002, 12:21 PM
What I am actually looking for is help in developing my communication skills,as I believe this is my weak point.not for the purpose of getting laid but to improve my inter relationships with people in general.
In the past ,many years ago when I was out to get women into bed ,it was my communication that let me down,I could attract women but when it came to the next stage of seduction I was lost for words,eventually the lady would conclude I was a boring dull prat and move on.Nowadays I\'m not out for sex alone but want to develope more meaningful and fulfilling relationships .
So if anyone knows of any websites that deal with this,please let me know.

Thanks Taffy. images/icons/laugh.gif

[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: Taffy ]

aaron
04-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Taffy: the most important thing about being able to communicate with a lady is to be a good listener. You need to be able to not just \"listen\", but \"hear\" what they say, to the point of \"hearing\" what they don\'t say, if you follow me.
Believe me, no matter how good a listener a man is, he will never, ever fully understand what goes on in a woman\'s head.
The important thing is to just be yourself. I\'ve been on two dates now with the intro agency I joined, and though I\'m not going to see the ladies again (my choice), I enjoyed my dinners, practicing my listening skills, non-verbal communication, and eye contact.
I have another on Friday night, and it always helps to appear attentive and interested in what they say. It doesn\'t hurt to be nice and throw in a compliment, but not to overdo it, and to smile.
Of course, all this is nothing new that hasn\'t been said before or isn\'t generally known.

All this from a guy whos only started dating after an interval of 26 yrs images/icons/tongue.gif

Irish
04-24-2002, 01:26 PM
Fight the urge to talk about yourself. Ask her questions, and sensible followon questions. She\'ll ask you questions when she\'s ready to hear about you.

Look her directly in the eye - it works. Keep a pleasant look on your face - nod and really try to follow what\'s she\'s saying. Ask little questions that show you are listening.

For romantic sparks, ask her to describe her feelings about pleasant or romantic situations (How did it feel when you met your first true love?, etc). She will relive those good feelings and associate those feelings with you if you do it enough.

Try and keep the whole thing lighthearted. Be funny and willing to laugh at yourself. You are out to have fun - serious stuff comes much later and will develop naturally. DON\'T talk about your relationship or your own feelings. Focus on her and her feelings.

Flatter her shamelessly - but not on the obvious. Be a keen observer and notice little things about her - and compliment them. Do that in a straightforward way without a lot of gushy sentiment. Compliment some nice feature about her just like you were commenting on the weather, and move on.

Let the first thing out of your mouth anytime you see her be how great she looks. Then also compliment some smaller feature (Great earrings! or whatever). Women go to great lengths with their appearance - reassure her immediately that her efforts are appreciated every time you see her with a compliment or two.

If you do these things you will be incredibly fun for her to be around. She will seek out your company.