PDA

View Full Version : Pheromones On Documents

HB_88
04-18-2002, 01:46 AM
Pheromones On Documents...?

Does anyone have experience putting pheromones on documents? In this instance, a \"hit\" would entail a positive response to the document (e.g. term paper, grant proposal, film script, loan application), and not necessarily an overt, real-time romantic reaction. The goal here is to affirmatively influence the recipients\' decision-making at a more general level.
Which would be the best pheromones to use for this? Andro-1 (which I haven\'t bought yet) seems promising for the effects I\'d like to achieve, but since it\'s relatively new, I doubt anyone has used it in exactly this way (unless someone tried Realm for this purpose long ago). What\'s the least-smelly copulin-containing \'mone? Since most editors, script-readers, et. al. are male--AND since the stuff seems to have some positive effect on females as well--it might be better to use copulins than to potentially turn someone off with the aggressive scent of PI/m, for instance. How about NOL, the \"friendly pheromone,\" as it\'s been described?
Here are some loose criteria for what I\'d suspect would be needed. The \'mones used would have to be alcohol-based--or at least, not oil-based--so as to not leave any obvious residue. I suppose it would have to be delivered using an atomizer. Definite strong odors would also be suspicious.
And here\'s a possible problem, with a possible solution. If the pheromones rubbed off on competitors\' submissions (e.g. all the stories in an editor\'s slush pile), this might serve to put the editor in a generally good mood, but would not likely bias him in favor of a particular submission. So, make sure the \'mones are on the interior pages only, and nowhere near the edges.
This post, and another I\'m working on, concern the strategic use of pheromones--as opposed to common tactical uses such as picking up women (though this is certainly rewarding!).

Thanks!
HB_88

P.S.: I read somewhere that a collections company was supposedly putting some sort of pheromone on dunning letters; does anyone have the citation for that? Did they have any luck doing this? Were they using \'mones to badger people into submission (NOT what I\'m looking for!), or to make them agreeable (which IS what I\'m looking for)?

[ April 19, 2002: Message edited by: HB_88 ]

HB_88
04-19-2002, 11:53 AM
BUMP!

oscar
04-21-2002, 12:23 PM
HB_88,

Can\'t think of a way to apply Copulins to a document without adding other pheros (P10/w); or oil (PI/w); or fragrance (PCC or PPA/w) to the paper.

Attraction unscented might be the best choice for this purpose, giving the document an A-Nol/A-None dose at an approximate ratio of 2:1.

PI/w WOULD be a good choice, delivering heavy A-Nol and (light) Copulins, IF you could dissolve it in ethanol and spray it. Unfortunately I don\'t recall it dissolving well at all.

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

HB_88
04-21-2002, 09:20 PM
Oscar:

Thanks for replying. PI/w sounds promising, but as you say, it\'s oily. As I was typing the original draft of this message (which vanished when I stupidly clicked a link), it occurred to me that PI/w or any other oily substance could be disguised as a coffee stain. Just dab a mixture of coffee and pheromone on the bottom of a mug and... voila! Not viable for all circumstances, but wouldn\'t look out-of-place on a submission that\'s been around the block a few times.

I never considered using Attraction; I\'ll look into that, especially since you can get it unscented. But then again, if the scent of PCC is inoffensive, it might work just fine.

Andro-1 looks promising for a variety of purposes. I\'ll buy some any day now. Hopefully someone has some applicable experience with it--perhaps more than they\'d initially think. Can you recall a time when A-1 made someone respond favorably to a place or thing (like a couch or a t-shirt), rather than to the wearer?

I hope James V. Kohl is among those reading this, because something akin to Astrid Jutte\'s ovulatory copulin mix (as alluded to in the \"Copulins\" thread on January 09, 2002) might be ideal in low concentrations--perhaps mixed with A-1 and NOL. (Explanations are given in that post as to why the copulin mix was/ is relatively hard to come by.) Since I\'m not affiliated with a University, I probably wouldn\'t have much luck ordering pure copulins from somewhere like Sigma.

Though I\'m certainly not opposed to doing my own research, I might be able to save hundreds of dollars if someone else has already come up with a winning combination.

Thanks!
HB_88 images/icons/smile.gif

[ April 23, 2002: Message edited by: HB_88 ]

**DONOTDELETE**
04-21-2002, 09:37 PM
I\'ve actually tried about 10 different products in this manner, and as far as resumes, CV\'s, and job applications goes, AFA is the hands down winner. Remember that you are trying to get a friendly, warm and inviting effect, not necessarily attract a sex partner. The AFA produced the best desired effect for me.

HB_88
04-21-2002, 10:24 PM
Idol:
Thanks for replying. Point well taken regarding \"friendly, warm, and inviting.\" That\'s exactly what I\'m trying to accomplish. images/icons/wink.gif

I gather that AFA is a 50/50 mix of NONE and NOL; if that works well for this purpose, I\'d assume that the high proportion of NONE isn\'t overpowering. WildeOscar suggested Attraction Unscented, which is (roughly) 2:1 NOL to NONE. Comments? Why would a *higher* proportion of NONE such as found in AFA do better (or would it)? Idol, was Attraction one of the 10 products you tried? images/icons/crazy.gif

Also, how did you put the pheros on the documents (e.g. atomizer, immersion, deep fryer, lawn sprinkler)? MOST IMPORTANT! How much did you use? images/icons/cool.gif

Thanks!
HB_88 images/icons/cool.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-21-2002, 10:36 PM
HB88,

DID try attraction; was okay, but not like the AFA. The 1:1 ratio of none to nol has been documented as having the \"friendly\" effect. Correspondence from Stone reinforces this, and I know at least one forum member personally that used it on a bunch of books he was having printed. I sprayed just ONE spray onto each page at a distance of about 12\" from the atomizer I got with my Perfect Ten.

Good luck!

-Idol

HB_88
04-21-2002, 10:48 PM
Idol:
Thanks for the \"real-time\" reply.

I\'ll definitely try this and see what happens.

Also, I\'d appreciate it greatly if you or the forum member you just mentioned who put the mones on books would post here and tell us how that went.

Good luck in all your pheromone-related and non-pheromone-related endeavors! images/icons/laugh.gif

HB_88
04-22-2002, 06:08 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, but did anyone else see the article about the collection company using pheros? (See the original post in this thread.) Although they were probably aiming for something different than what I\'m trying to achieve, it might be useful to know what formula they used (perhaps so that I know what to avoid).

Thanks!

[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: HB_88 ]

HB_88
04-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Found it! After spending some time Googling for keywords, I found that although the \"collection company/ pheromone\" thing may have blossomed into something of a minor urban legend (it\'s alluded to, uncorroborated, in various advertisements), the story does appear to have a legitimate origin. As far as I can tell, as of the early and mid-1990s, collection companies were among those to whom Bodywise Ltd. marketed its product Aeolus 7+ (sometimes listed simply as Aeolus 7). Among the sources I found, all tout a 17% increase in success over a control group of untreated dunning letters. Sample size = 1000 letters total--500 treated, 500 not.

What fascinates me is that Aeolus 7+ apparently contains both -NOL and -NONE. I don\'t know what else Bodywise might be putting in there (or the proportions used), but this makes it chemically similar to Attraction (2:1 NOL:NONE) and AFA (1:1). It may be functionally identical to one of those. In the posts above, Wilde Oscar and Idol referenced those very same \'mones! This all reinforces my confidence in the whole line of inquiry. (Not that I doubted anyone\'s veracity in the first place...) images/icons/wink.gif

It\'s not as if a 17% increase is necessarily anything to get worked up about, but consider two things. First, that\'s 17% above the number who would\'ve responded to the letters anyway. Also, imagine how much more effective the NOL/NONE combo might become if supplemented by copulins and Andro-1!
-----
For online sources, use the Google search terms collection letter pheromone.
Right here at love-scent, see: Newsletter (\"http://love-scent.com/zine/issues/September-01.html\") about halfway down the page.

Printed sources: OMNI magazine, Dec \'94 p. 86 article in the ANTIMATTER section titled AGGRESSIVE MAIL (get it?) by Anita Baskin.

Watcher
04-23-2002, 07:34 PM
You will find hb 88 that aleous 7 is in fact the bodywise spray otherwise known on the forum as attraction (its the same product with a different name for the love-scent site. a727 is otherwise known as andro 4.2 but bodywise/attraction is the next step up after aleous 7 i think it was about 20% stronger but the same pheromone ratio wise and made by the same company and resold here by bruce.

HB_88
04-23-2002, 07:39 PM
Thanks! I Didn\'t realize that.

HB_88

**DONOTDELETE**
04-23-2002, 08:17 PM
Collections, like direct mail, is purely a numbers game. In a billion-dollar industry, a 17% increase is $170 million. With this sort of money at stake, 1/4% increases are drooled over with great lust...

HB_88
04-24-2002, 11:41 PM
BassMan:

I stand corrected! Or, I suppose I ought to amend my remarks by saying that in daily life, 17% might not seem like much.

Thanks!

**DONOTDELETE**
04-25-2002, 04:12 AM
Just a thought if you are going to apply an oil-based- I wouldn\'t use a stain because it would look unprofessional. What I am going to try myself (I have to send internship applications) is to use heavy paper, and apply an oil-based using maybe a pinhead to dap it on the backside of a letterhead. That way I wouldn\'t need a stain and would still be able to use a little of something. Keep us posted on what you do!

HB_88
04-25-2002, 05:36 PM
Jokes:
Whether I succeed with this or not, I\'ll definitely share the results of my experiments. Your suggestion about applying oil-based pheros is interesting--much better than my \"coffee stain\" remark (I was kidding).

Heavy paper (or card stock) may not always be an option, but in some cases, such as film and TV scripts, it\'s the norm (at least for the covers). Then there are invitations, love letters, get-well-cards...

How about the plastic \"spine\" of a cheap binder? You know, the kind you submit term papers in--the ones they have at Kinko\'s that always have static electricity. Just a thought...

Thanks!
HB_88
images/icons/laugh.gif

HB_88
04-26-2002, 10:38 PM
Pheros On Photos:

It can\'t be that difficult to do this undetectably, as we sometimes read about studies in which participants rate pheromone-treated photographs, and so forth. Yet when I\'ve accidentally spilled plain water on (regular analog) color photographs, I\'ve noticed discoloration.

Thoughts?

HB_88
05-02-2002, 12:10 AM
I\'ve ordered the stuff needed to test the many helpful suggestions in this thread. I just got the confirmation e-mail Wednesday morning -- thanks, Bruce! images/icons/laugh.gif Should arrive soon, since I picked the $8 shipping option.

If anyone else (including new forum members, who may not have seen this) has anything to add here, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
HB_88 images/icons/laugh.gif