PDA

View Full Version : Phero build up: Skin, jacket, bathroom, etc.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-15-2002, 11:37 PM
I\'m afraid of phero build up because I can\'t smell the pheros well. In the past, when I\'ve used pheros on skin, my roommates have complained about the smell in the bathroom coming from the shower. Pheros also tend to build up on my jacket sleeve where my air conditioning vent blows on. Today, I put just one drop of a cologne mix on my forearm. After 12 hours and a shower, I can still smell some residual cologne. Now, if the cologne survived 12 hours and a shower, the pheros must have!

What do you guys think about the problems of residual build up? What do you suggest for us guys who can\'t smell the pheros well?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 03:45 PM
I\'d say avoid applying to your clothing, but that\'s just me. You get better \"air-time\" if you apply it to your biological self images/icons/laugh.gif

\'Slinger out.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 10:24 PM
What do you mean better air time?

I\'m sure there\'s more phero left on my clothing at the end of the day than on skin, but I\'m more certain that most of it gets washed off in the laundry and then further dissipated in the dryer heat. I take pretty quick showers, so the pheros may build up on skin. What do you guys think?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-17-2002, 02:37 AM
I doubt the shower should be a big problem unless you use very large amounts daily. The coat is a much bigger problem. If it gets in contact with the place you\'ve applied the pheros they will get smeared on to it and build up over time. There was a stink to my winter coat when I left it at the dry cleaners last week.

I\'d say try to avoid applying to areas that touch your clothes, at least ones that you don\'t wash that often , e.g. your coat. There might even be a small build up on clothes you wash frequently if there are several phero-garments in the same wash.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-21-2002, 11:47 AM
One observation that makes me worried about phero buildup for skin applications...

The few times I\'ve tried it, the reactions the first day or two seem promising, but they actually became negative as I continued application on subsequent days. I don\'t apply nearly as much as some of you, but perhaps you guys don\'t apply everyday. Maybe, those of you who\'ve had success with skin application only apply it on special occasions (like once or twice a week before dates)???

Another thought... I\'ve been applying on skin in the same locations. Maybe, buildup tends to
happen when you apply layers over each other. In that case, I need to rotate locations!

**DONOTDELETE**
04-22-2002, 04:35 AM
truth:
I\'d be curious to know what cologne you use that stands up to 12 hours and a hot shower! I use oil-based colognes fairly often, but I never smell them on the other side of a shower...If the shower is good enough to wash away the oil your body produces, it should be more than enough to wash away alcohol-based colognes. I\'d say you either need less cologne or more shower...

Whitehall
04-22-2002, 07:22 AM
I opened the door to my closet this weekend and got a strong whiff of \'none. Guess there\'s been a build-up on my clothes and shut-up in the closet with no circulation, the concentration builds. I typically wear laundred cotton shirts but may wear them once then let them \"rest\" for a few days before wearing them a second, final time. I never apply directly to my clothes so the none transferred from my skin to the garments.

Perhaps I should put in a louvered door to the closet to enhance the air circulation?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-22-2002, 08:16 AM
It was just CK1. Well, very little of the CK1 scent was there (<10% original strength), but I was surprised that it was still detectable! If the strength of the CK1 was an indication of how much phero I had left on, I wouldn\'t be worried. However, I\'m afraid that more phero is left on, since pheros disperse slower and are more resistant to washing.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-22-2002, 08:27 AM
While I don\'t use pheros frequently, and certainly not daily, I doubt there would be any build up on skin even if I did since I always make sure to wash the stuff of as soon as I get home. The reason is that I don\'t want to be exposed longer than necessary.

At the pharmacy I found a product for hand disinfection. It contains alcohol, glycerin and some other stuff, and seems to get the pheros of fairly well. First I rub the application areas with that product, rinse with water, and then wash again with soap. After that it\'s pretty much taken care of.

Irish
04-22-2002, 01:25 PM
I use a standard bath scrub-brush on my skin, antibacterial soap. Attack your phero application areas twice that way and you should be clear.

I have also noticed whitish stain on collars where I\'ve applied phero drops, after wash and dry. It appears to partially survive wash/dry cycle. I may try a stronger detergent or presoak those areas, or douse with everclear before soap-soaking to dissolve things a bit.