PDA

View Full Version : I want an edge with The Edge !

Irish
04-15-2002, 12:35 PM
Try a spray to the neck/collar area, and/or to the back of the head. Use a good cologne as usual.

TE has a sharp smell that needs cologne cover, and it\'s real easy to od on it, so caution is advised.

I\'ve had incredible reactions from young women with TE, and also some unfortunate od\'s where the results were repellant. Start cautiously and increase dosage slowly and in certain situations. For instance, if you have a date already and know you\'ll be physically close, a light spray to the collar or hair might be plenty. On the other hand if you\'re out searching through large smoky bars for company, that situation may call for a little higher dose to get attention.

Good luck - it\'s a great product, but has it\'s pitfalls … cautious use is the watchword.

Whitehall
04-15-2002, 03:54 PM
In a public area where you want to widely broadcast your presence, say at a club or dancing, you can spray the TE on your head hair. That diffuses it widely yet the hair holds on to the none fairly well so that ODing may be harder to do.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-15-2002, 10:35 PM
Hi guys I\'ve just ordered Bruce\'s latest Newbie Special.The unscented Edge with SPMO and Atomizer.AS I\'m a 41 year old male what would be good mixes for me With The Edge,Cologne,Musk oil etc.The SP musk oil has Anol,what will that do?
Thanks in advanve Taffy. images/icons/laugh.gif

Icemone
04-15-2002, 11:52 PM
I\'ve seen people refer to sprays, drops and dabs.

If one spray of Edge is recommended then how does this translate into drops of NPA or dabs of NPA?

Also, are the results really the same?

Thanks

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the advice.
But what mixes can I do with it and in what proportions.
ie how many mls Edge to cologne if I want to mix them,or How many mls Edge to SPMO etc?
If I wanted to use drops and not sprays how many drops equals NPA etc?I was thinking along these lines in case one spray was too much and better results were to be had in smaller doses.
images/icons/crazy.gif

Watcher
04-16-2002, 12:30 PM
Just remember folks women do not owe you sex at all. You gotta work for it hence pheros working out muscles money enhanced communications. That is how you get the edge. Im taking another point of view just to generate discussion (ive used pheros for 5 years so dont bag me for being a non belevier please because i am just causing a purposeful argument here.)

Ok they dont work how do we get women otherwise. Money body cars assets committment and communication. Anyone else got anything to add.

oscar
04-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Apologies in advance for on-topic response. images/icons/crazy.gif

The problem with actually mixing TE with cologne is that TE is already diluted with alcohol to make it sprayable. So you\'re putting a whole lot of unnecessary alcohol into the mix (as compared to mixing with NPA which is specifically formulated as an additive).

But you work with what you\'ve got.
I haven\'t bought TE in some time, and I\'m still not sure if the bottle contains a total of 20mL or 24mL. Either way a bottle of TE is essentially diluted NPA. If it\'s 20mL, then you\'re looking at 3 parts of alcohol to 1 part NPA; if it\'s 24mL, then it\'s @ 4 parts alcohol to 1 part NPA.

Assuming a 24mL/bottle, you could get the rough equivalent of a 4:1 cologne to NPA mix by mixing equal parts of cologne and TE (1:1).
But you\'re going to have a HEAVY total alcohol content, so allow time for it to evaporate. This means that this mix won\'t be much good for refreshing in the restroom, since you\'ll probably smell heavily of alcohol for several minutes at least.

The SP oil may be a better fragrance choice as it\'s closer to an E-Oil, and doesn\'t pack its own alcohol load.
I\'d try mixing a small batch of TE/SP oil at 2:1 . The problem here is spray-ability. I\'ve got all three SP oils, and they separate in their own bottles all by themselves without mixing them with anything. And shake as you will, you\'ll NOT get the stuff that\'s already in the sprayer tube of an atomizer to mix worth shit, leading to a layered, un-mixed first spray.
Should be fine for a dab-on mix though.

Of course you could just dab on the TE and dab the SP oil right on top of it too. Or spray on some TE and smear some oil over it. You\'ll have to see how the scents agree with your tastes.

Ideally if you can find a cologne that covers the TE well, that is also compatible with the scent of the oil, you could just spray on the TE and cologne (seperately or mixed) and \"highlight\" with dabs of the oil, giving you a multiple phero effect with zoned scents.
I hope one of these suggestions works.

Good Luck!
Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-17-2002, 09:19 PM
Thanks for some really good advice.
I have one last question for this thread.

What after shaves / colognes go well with TE? ie does Coolwater go well?
is there any that don\'t?

Thanks Taffy.

Whitehall
04-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Irish,

Another Minotaure fan! Too bad it is out of production - hope we don\'t find ourselves bidding against each other on eBay!

Here\'s a couple of other mix/cover suggestions for TE or NPA:

Dolce & Gabbana - very sophisticated and complex; like Minotaure but heavier and smokier.

Dunhill Desire - smells like rotten apples to me but females like it and it covers well, very unique; this and the D&G are evening wear scents

Creed Green Irish - very expensive but very high quality with staying power.

Eau Sauvage by Dior - love this classic, has a great, stimulating lemon top note and a complex, rich vetiver base; excellent for office and day wear.

Hope this helps although just one man\'s personal opinion.

camusflage
04-18-2002, 08:05 PM
Whitehall:
If you or anyone else is interested, Scentiments is selling Green Irish Tweed (\"http://www.scentiments.com/scentiments/product.asp?dept%5Fid=3&sku=1388\") for an insanely (relatively speaking) low price of $50 for a 4 oz tester. You don\'t get the pretty box or the cap, but you get the deal of the year on one of the finest colognes out there, at less than the cost of most department store colognes.

Irish
04-18-2002, 10:40 PM
Cool water blends well with pheros. I often spray 2 shots of pheros as I described in my post above, covered with two or three sprays of Cool Water EDT. Cool Water will fade after 1-1/2 to 2 hours and the pheros on you will begin to be evident, so consider carrying a refresher dose with you. I carry a small atomizer with Cool Water EDT and CW aftershave maxed half and half - a little lighter strength for refreshing so you don\'t return from the men\'s room reeking like a perfume shop.

Minotaure mixes well with pheros, but the scent is a little heavy. Real good staying power though for a long night out.

Curve mixes real well - straight Curve smells a little like phero to me anyway! But I\'m not sure I like it too much - kind of a weird complex smell on my skin anyway.

Gio gives me the creeps mixed with pheros, like it smells worse than the straight pheros! But I don\'t like Gio.

Hilfinger stuf covers well but kinda gives me that weird chemical Curve vibe.

Very Valentino is pleasant and seems to work and stay in there for a while.

Romance smells good, a little sweet but nice, mixes well with phero but doesn\'t last very long - carry a refresh dose.

Hugo covers well but makes me sick - probably personal thing with me. Preferred Stock is heinous to me to begin with, but if you like it I bet it covers really well!

**DONOTDELETE**
04-22-2002, 01:19 AM
Just recieved my Edge Newbie Special,it only took 7 days to get here and no customs charges,can\'t wait to test it.I will let you all know how I get on.

Taffy. images/icons/laugh.gif

camusflage
04-26-2002, 02:22 PM
Slatedrake:
I got my order yesterday too. It was a beautiful day here today, and I decided to go with the L\'Eau D\'Issey that I ordered as well (for $35 for an unboxed 2.5, I couldn\'t say no). I didn\'t have time to futz around with mixing this morning, so I put on two dabs of chem set -none and one of -nol. I was amused at lunch when the cashier sniffed the air and said, \"Dayum. Someone smells goo-ood!\"

slatedrake
04-26-2002, 10:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by camusflage:
Whitehall:
If you or anyone else is interested, Scentiments is selling Green Irish Tweed (\"http://www.scentiments.com/scentiments/product.asp?dept%5Fid=3&sku=1388\") for an insanely (relatively speaking) low price of $50 for a 4 oz tester. You don\'t get the pretty box or the cap, but you get the deal of the year on one of the finest colognes out there, at less than the cost of most department store colognes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

camusflage -

Thanks for the tip man! I picked up the 4oz and it just arrived yesterday! Huge find!

Thanks again,

Slate