PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions how to loose bodyfat FAST?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-15-2002, 06:45 AM
Hi there images/icons/smile.gif

Im curious if anybody of you guys can get me some advice on how to loose body fat really fast... i hope its not offtopic as it all comes down to appealing women like the pheros we all use

Im 21 years old and exercise alot .. i own 2 electrostimulators and build up alot of muscle mass... unfortunateley the bodyfat still stays.. i just became bigger and bigger but didnt loose the bodyfat..

anybody has something that works for this kind of situation?

im lightyears away from beeing fat but i want to get the fatlvl down to a MINIMUM.

Thnak you

Steve

**DONOTDELETE**
04-15-2002, 06:52 AM
oh yeah and a nice supplement to build up muscles even faster would be greatly appreciated!

thx!

Whitehall
04-15-2002, 07:11 AM
The fastest way to lose 12 to 15 pounds of ugly fat was invented in the late 1700\'s by a French doctor named Guillotine....

Boards
04-15-2002, 07:42 AM
Try doing some jogging, I lost my beergut by running for at least 40 minutes 3 times a week. Also I used supplements from a company in the UK called Maximuscle, they have some truly outstanding products, I firmly believe theyre the best in the business.

Boards
04-15-2002, 07:46 AM
I forgot to mention that its not recommended to lose to much weight quickly - it can lead to stretchmarks, saggy skin and other complaints. I read in a health magazine you shouldnt really try to lose more than 2lbs a week. Good luck.

Nutt
04-15-2002, 08:42 AM
First things first, most women aren’t that concerned about physique, but every little helps and I’m sure it will allow you to be more confident.

If your going to do cardio to burn off fat, try to do it in the morning, before eating anything, this allows fat to be released and burnt, rather than any existing glycogen in your blood stream. (as you haven’t eaten since going to sleep)

Try to go for at least 30 minutes, walking is pretty much as good as running, if your going to use an exercise machine try to use something that gets as much of your body moving as possible, e.g. a rower or ski machine over a stationary bike.

Your heart rate should be at about 50 - 60% of maximal ( maximal being 220 - your age) to burn optimal fat versus muscle.

Supplement wise, there are loads of different thermogenics and similar that try to raise body temperature, which leads to your entire body using more energy. some of them even make using energy less efficient so more is used for a given task.

I suggest you check out http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ (\"http://forum.bodybuilding.com/\") , they also have a fair bit of weight loss advice.

If your looking to gain muscle, and get a \'better looking\' body, you may want to focus on weight training for 6 mounths or so before you try to drop the fat, if you want to gain muscle ( and dont already have massive stores of energy in terms of fat images/icons/laugh.gif ) then try to bulk up in terms of muscle a little more first, then slim down.
For gaining muscle, protein, protein, protein. Its the main factor in building muscle ( other than maybe growth hormone and testosterone)

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: Nutz ]

Nutt
04-15-2002, 11:37 AM
3% !!! wow! I’m sorry but that cant be healthy! most pro bodybuilders ( whole different kettle of fish I know, but only practical topic I have knowledge on) are over 5%, and 10 - 20% is the recommended healthy range (for males, and from memory, but no lower because I was technicaly under it at 9% last time I used the BF scale at uni images/icons/laugh.gif ) . What did you use to get that figure? I have no doubt you look thin, but I bet you have more than 3% genuine BF!

mind you, callipers and digital bodyfat scale\'s arent that accurate, so if you dont look like a skeleton you may be higher than the device thinks.

If it really is 3% , from everything I have learnt on a university physiology Bsc you should try to take in a little more in terms of calories, although Its not a life threatening thing you should have a positive effect on health from gaining just a few %

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: Nutz ]

**DONOTDELETE**
04-15-2002, 11:43 AM
\"Im 21 years old and exercise alot .. i own 2 electrostimulators and build up alot of muscle
mass... unfortunateley the bodyfat still stays.. i just became bigger and bigger but didnt loose the bodyfat..\"

Really?! I never thought those machines worked to build muscle! You did no other weight training? Which machine is this?

In my opinion, the most efficient way to loose fat is to diet. It\'s a lot easier to eat one less meal than it is to run for three hours to burn it off!

PHP 87
04-15-2002, 01:44 PM
Pick up Dr. Atkins diet book.

I started the Atkins diet on 3/11/02 and have lost 18.5 lbs since then.

Basically, it is a low-carb/high-protien diet - you can eat stuff like Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Beef, Chicken, Turkey, Pork, Fish, Certain Vegetables etc...

camusflage
04-15-2002, 02:19 PM
truth:
Ya know, I was thinking the same thing. I figured that whole electrostimulator thing to be pseudoscience wrapped in marketing bullshit about losing fat and gaining muscle.. If the second part is actually true, then something like that might be cool for a guy like me who\'s got a decent weight, good tone, but wants a bit more bulk. The question though, when he said \"just became bigger and bigger,\" what was making him bigger and bigger? images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-15-2002, 03:24 PM
Steve,

Do you have Subway Sandwich Place nearby? Jerrod lost a ton of weight eating the same Subway sandwich everyday.

Elk images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-15-2002, 03:43 PM
Well, My body fat was taken with a Bioelectric Impedence machine. I had to stay off of caffine and eat lite food for a day before I took the test. Everyone on the team had to take it and all of the distance runners like me had really low body fat. It\'s probably more around 5% though. Bioelectric can give false readings sometimes though...I need to find some place where I can get a caliper test. I\'m not a skeleton though. I\'ve actually gained a little more muscle over the past six months. I am skinny though. Not sickly, but You can definately tell I\'m really fit. I have an identical twin brother and now people can tell us apart from the differece in build. I\'ve been running competitively for 3 years now. I started my senior year in high school and now I\'m running for college, which is something I never thought I would be able to do. Its a lot of work. We have morning distance runs twice a week and practice every afternoon.

I am also hypoglycemic (low blood sugar). Sometimes I wonder if that might have something to do with my low fat %. I figure my body starts to burn fat for calories when my sugar gets low during very long runs, which is unavoidable. I ear like a pig. I can down 4 quesidillas from taco bell and still have room for desert. I eat more than anyone in my family...

Oh well, as long as I don\'t pass out and my doctor says I\'m ok, I\'m not going to worry about it.

-Andy

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: J0B00 ]

Watcher
04-15-2002, 04:51 PM
Trust me folks those EMS systems do great, thing is they have to be used in conjucntion with a good diet and also plenty of exercise (well weight training helps as well.)

The main use for those things those is to massage after a long workout when the body is saying stop but you still have the energy for more but the muscles are sore, just use it for 20 mintues at nearly the highest settings and then go at it again with the weights with the muscles feeling better.

Also drink plenty of water. Makes you sweat out more natural pheromones he he,. images/icons/laugh.gif

PHP 87
04-15-2002, 05:28 PM
The EMS machines sold on TV and Ebay are junk - avoid.

camusflage
04-15-2002, 05:40 PM
J0B00:
Yes, your hypoglycemia is likely due to your conditioning. Not so much from the low fat, because I\'m probably just on the low side of average on body fat, but still have hypoglycemia. Mine is more from a metabolic rate that is somewhere between meth and crack addicts. Always has been that way, aided in no small part by a high intake of spicy foods. Yours, your system is just accustomed to being in hyperdrive all the time. As far as prepping for the long runs, stock up on the protein, and mix liberally with complex carbs. The carbs burn off fast, the protein somewhat slower.

Tantalus747
04-15-2002, 06:09 PM
I highly recommend the book \"Body for Life\" by Bill Phillips. I would recommend you avoid the Adkins diet... it\'s unhealthy and simply less effective than other diets provided you have the same motivation. Carbs arn\'t the enemy, high glycemic carbs are the enemy. Do a search for \"glycemic index\" for an explanation... it\'ll save me time images/icons/smile.gif & probably give you a better explanation than I could give you.

If you\'re looking for a supplement for fat loss, a combination of 25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffiene, and 81mg asprin (you can use the larger asprin tabs, but there\'s no need) three times daily (none before bed) is very effective. Studies have shown this combination more effective than similar prescription drugs.

If you\'re looking for a supplement for muscle gain, creatine monohydrate is the best thing on the market. It won\'t help if you\'re not working out though.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-15-2002, 06:16 PM
Wow...not much to add other than it\'s diet and not so much exercise that will lead to weight loss.

I bounce between 10 and 12% BF...anything below 14% for men is considered lean/athletic. Going below 4% is considered unhealthy.

Tantalus747
04-15-2002, 06:19 PM
I just noticed you\'re in Italy... I have no idea what the laws concerning Ephedrine and Creatine are there. I was writing from an American perspective.

PHP 87
04-15-2002, 07:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tantalus747:
I highly recommend the book \"Body for Life\" by Bill Phillips. I would recommend you avoid the Adkins diet... it\'s unhealthy and simply less effective than other diets provided you have the same motivation. Carbs arn\'t the enemy, high glycemic carbs are the enemy. Do a search for \"glycemic index\" for an explanation... it\'ll save me time images/icons/smile.gif & probably give you a better explanation than I could give you.

If you\'re looking for a supplement for fat loss, a combination of 25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffiene, and 81mg asprin (you can use the larger asprin tabs, but there\'s no need) three times daily (none before bed) is very effective. Studies have shown this combination more effective than similar prescription drugs.

If you\'re looking for a supplement for muscle gain, creatine monohydrate is the best thing on the market. It won\'t help if you\'re not working out though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm....Not sure that a Low Carb diet is unhealthy or ineffective.
One shouldn\'t have any problem as long as you get enough dietary fiber and vitamin supplementation.

I sleep better, feel better and have more energy since cutting my Carb consumption to under 20 grams per day, and I\'ve lost 18.5 lbs. in 5 weeks.
I never feel hungry or deprived either.

OTOH, the ECA stack you describe is not the healthist thing in the world.
The Ephedrine can cause serious heart problems and even death in some people.

I\'ve tried ECA products like Xenedrine and I was jittery, had an elevated heart rate and had problems sleeping, and didn\'t really lose any weight.
I wouldn\'t recommend an ECA stack to anyone.

BTW, I\'ve tried Body for Life, but it is very expensive.

OTOH, I can eat Low-Carb for about $60.00 per week.

xvs
04-15-2002, 10:06 PM
Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) has been shown to reduce bodyfat and actually change the fat/muscle ratio in favor of muscle.

In several large studies, the amount found to be effective was 3.4 grams per day. The average change was around 11% body fat reduction within about 6 weeks (note: I believe that if you are 20% bodyfat this means that you end up about 17.5%, not 9%). Some people lost 20% however.

You can get it in gram-sized capsules and take 3 of them a day. Here\'s a link (\"http://shop.store.yahoo.com/vitaglo/eas032.html\") to one source that seems to be well-priced.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-15-2002, 10:33 PM
As someone who runs track and cross country in college and does nearly 75 miles a week of mileage, I believe I have the best way for you to lose that weight. First of all, you body isn\'t going to burn that fat unless it has to. One pound of fat has approximately 3500 calories. So, having said that, I suggest that you first cut your caloric intake per day. Count your calories for a couple days and cut what you are eating now by about 500 calories. Next, you will want to do some HITT, or High Intensity Interval Training. This is hard paced running followed by short periods of recovery. It burns calories 4 times faster than plain jogging. Ever wonder why sprinters are so cut and lean? They don\'t run lots of miles, but they run lots of short, fast distances during their practices.

So, here is what I suggest as a workout for you. It would work best if done every day, but can be effective if done 3 times a week also. Find a 400 meter running track (or a 1/4 mile stretch of road). Run a quarter of a mile as fast as you can. Take 3-4 minutes of rest and then run another one as fast as you can. Do this 8-10 times. Make sure you start out by stretching well first and maybe run a short 5 minute jog for a warmup. Follow the workout with another short jog and some stretching. As it gets easier to do the 8-10 sprints, start reducing the recovery time, or add more repeats onto the workout.

Another workout you can do is called a fartlek. Fartlek is swedish for \"speed play\". We use these workouts during cross country to gain the ability to have longer speed surges during races. Start out by stretching well and doing a 5 minute warmup jog. You will not stop running this whole workout so don\'t take a break after your jog, just go directly into the workout. The workout starts with 1 minutes of hard running at 90% of your maximim speed, followed by 1 minute of easy jogging. Next, run 45 seconds at 90%, followed by 45 seconds of jogging. Then 30 seconds at 90% followed by 30 seconds of jogging. Finally run 15 seconds at 90%. Now, here is why this is a \"workout\". After that 15 seconds of light jogging, you start over again with 1 minute at 90%. You do the whole 1 minute to 15 seconds routine 3 times. After the last set, jog easily for 5 minutes and then do some stretching. I gaurrantee you will be sore in the morning images/icons/wink.gif .

Well, those are just a couple suggestions from someone with a little experience. I currently weigh 118 pounds and have 3% body fat. I have stayed this weight for nearly 3 years now, so if anyone is wondering if I\'m unhealty, I\'m not. I\'m 5\'6\", so 118 isn\'t too bad for someone my height. When i asked my doctor about my weight, he said it was fine just as long as it didn\'t start dropping or anything.

Have fun!
-Andy

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 06:20 AM
YO man, fuck the bullshit. Im 21 also and 5\'8 and weigh 225. I have a lot of muscle but my body fat is kinda up there too. The answer to your question is plain and simple.
*****HYDROXYCUT*****. I have never taken supplements in my life, but summer is around the corner and i really let myself get out of shape the past couple of months. Im tellin you man, this stuff is the truth. Do the research if you dont believe me. If you wanna keep the lean muscle you have and gain some all with shedding the fat, then go buy some hydroxycut. Ive been using it for about three dayz now and ive lost around 3 to 4 poundz(scale varies throught the day). HYDROXYCUT and a less than basic workout can cut you up in 2 weeks and you dont have to change your diet unless you feel you want to. You can find it at like Rite Aid or CVS type stores or even GNC, but the GNC price is rediculous. I know how you can get a bottle for free. Reply to this message man and i\'ll tell you how you can get a bottle free today. The stuff isnt that expensive but i was really skeptical about buying it cause, man you know how it is when companies advertise shit. But i had a small scheme that got me a 140 count bottle for free. But for real man look it up online. It seriously is the shit. DONT FORGET TO REPLY.

Boards
04-16-2002, 09:56 AM
Dont start skipping meals, you can speed up your metabolism naturally by eating more often but eat less at each sitting. I use supplements on a cycle basis - 2 months on one then 2 months on another, then just a quality protein powder for a month and extra vitamins ( this is my MONTH OFF ). You have to cycle your supplements or due to receptor downgrading the supplements will become less and less effective - so all you guys taking the same thing month after month should think about taking a MONTH OFF and then using another product for a while and start cycling with other products. If youre happy with the ways things are great, but by cycling you will get the best out of your supplements. Also Im sticking with what I said about sudden weight loss I think it safest not to lose more than 2lbs a week - does anyone agree with me or have I got it wrong on this one, Id appreciate the feedback as thats the guideline I use when I need to lose a bit of the excess flab when I let things slip ( holidays, beer, kebabs etc ). Thanks.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 11:41 AM
I second what lasertalk said (minus the obscenities images/icons/laugh.gif ) I have heard nothing but good about Hydroxycut, objective tests by various bodybuilding/fitness mags have shown it is the absolute top-of-the-line in fat burning supplements, couple it with a little workout every now and then (you\'ve already got that down) and you should see the fat burn away really fast. Seriously, all you guys and girls with a little fat you want to get rid of, check it out.

\'Slinger out.

Tantalus747
04-16-2002, 05:23 PM
Boards, unless you\'re talking about hormonal supplements, there is no need to cycle them. No need to cycle things like creatine, vitamins, or protien... you\'d just be missing out during the \'off\' period.

Also, you\'re right about losing no more than two pounds per week. Not only is it more healthy, but the slower you loose, the more likely you\'ll keep it off.

Tantalus747
04-16-2002, 06:03 PM
PHP, any diet plan that\'s followed will help wieght loss. As long as you\'re eating less calories than you\'re burning, you\'re going to lose wieght.

Most low carb diets are high in sat. fat and cholesterol. However, my biggest problem with the low carb diet is that large amounts of the wieght lost is muscle. That means your metabolism slows way down and you\'re much more likely to gain the wieght back if/when you return to a normal diet.

For instance, if you lost 18.5 lbs in 5 weeks, for that all to be muscle you\'d have to be buring 1850 more calories per day than you\'re eating. (A pound of fat = 3500 calories, so you can check my math if you want.) While that\'s certainly possible, it\'s extrememly unlikely unless you\'ve been nearly fasting.

Anyway, I hope I didn\'t lose you. images/icons/smile.gif The point of all that was that you\'ve lost a decent amount of muscle wieght in the past 5 weeks.

Please don\'t let this discourage you, if you feel the low carb diet is working for you, by all means go for it.

About the ECA stack... I forgot to mention that you shouldn\'t take it if you have a history of heart disease or are taking an MAOI. It says as much on the bottle anyway. images/icons/smile.gif

If you start taking the ECA stack at full dose, gitteryness & trouble sleeping are normal. I would usually take one dose the 1st day & just two doses for several days afterward so that I can sleep. People that regularly consume much caffiene don\'t need to do this, but I avoid caffiene totally unless I take the ECA stack. (Which I\'ve not taken in years.)

One important thing about ECA is that it\'s been shown to help prevent muscle loss during dieting.

One last note about the body for life diet... I\'ve been able to follow it for $50-60 a week. The thing is, what makes the diet expensive is the protien. So it\'s just a matter of finding cheaper sources of protien. Well, I\'m terrbile about skipping the vegtable portion, so that might add a little. images/icons/smile.gif

PHP 87
04-16-2002, 09:18 PM
\"However, my biggest problem with the low carb diet is that large amounts of the wieght lost is muscle. That means your metabolism slows way down and you\'re much more likely to gain the wieght back if/when you return to a normal diet.
\"

Nope. Once carbs are reduced, the bodies primary source of energy is to burn fat for energy, not muscle.

The myth that Low Carbing cannibilizes muscles for energy is false - that would only occur if one had already burned almost all their fat reserves and were still on a very restricted low carb diet.

And most bodybuilders will go high protien/low carb before a contest - if LC dieting cannibalized muscles, the pro\'s wouldn\'t do it.

And much like BFL, Low carb/reduced carb is a way of life - once I achieve my target weight, I will closely monitor how many carbs a day causes me to gain weight.
My desired daily carb intake will be about 100 grams per day once I achieve my goal, depending on how active I am.

BTW, people without a history of heart problems have had lot\'s of trouble with Ephedrine - that\'s why more and more states and countries are banning it\'s use.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 09:30 PM
I lost 45 lbs on the Atkins diet in about 6 months. My body fat went from 29% to 23% & I have kept the weight off for over a year & a half.

The weight/fat comes off pretty fast & much, much faster when you combine the diet with exercising (jogging/walking in my case).

I would reccomend buying the book before starting because it really explains how cutting out sugar will trim fat & believe me - it does!

I also had my colestoral checked about 6 months before I started the diet (during a routine physical) and a year later & it went from 210 to 178.

I would reccomend this diet to anyone - but it works better for guys than girls (as least that\'s how it seems)

Allen.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 11:24 PM
I\'ll let my results do the talking...
- Body weight at 195 lbs on Jan 4, 2002
- Body fat at 27%, waist at 36 inches
- Starting taking Hydroxycut on Jan 5, 2002
- Body weight at 179 lbs on April 16, 2002
- Body fat at 22%, waist at 32.5 inches
- Not on any diet at all
- Drink at least 64 fl oz of water everyday
- Daily exercise...what exercise?

Boards
04-17-2002, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback Tantalus747, and yeah when I mentioned cycling supplements I was referring to products that affect hormone levels like testosterone boosters, growth hormone boosters, cortisol lowering products etc,etc. I didnt mean stop taking high quality protein, nutrients and vitamins which you should be taking more of whenever youre working youre body harder i.e if you regularly workout.

Tantalus747
04-17-2002, 12:07 PM
Norephedrine\'s been giving people fits for the last couple years... pseudoephedrine was more the controversy in the late 90\'s. (When meth labs started getting everyone\'s attention.)

Here\'s a link about why the FDA doesn\'t like nor. To be fair, I had a link with the FDA\'s statements about nor, but I can\'t seem to find it now.
http://www.anabolicextreme.com/anabolic/archives/anex_archive_issue29_extremeQA.htm (\"http://www.anabolicextreme.com/anabolic/archives/anex_archive_issue29_extremeQA.htm\")

I also read that nor can be used in meth production & that was used as an arguement for banning it, though no one\'s trying to ban pseudo now. It\'s makes too much money as a cold remedy.

Btw, I was able to find adipkinetics for sale at a few different sites online. I\'ve not ordered, so maybe it\'s just old pages. bodybuilding.com was one of them... don\'t take this as a recommendation of them, I\'ve never done buisiness there.

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: Tantalus747 ]

Tantalus747
04-17-2002, 10:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>\"Nope. Once carbs are reduced, the bodies primary source of energy is to burn fat for energy, not muscle.\"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When carbs are reduced, the first thing the body uses for energy is glycogen stored in muscle tissue. After that, the body starts working liver glycogen (and bodyfat to a smaller extent) after liver glycogen is used, that\'s when the body really starts burning fat.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>\"And most bodybuilders will go high protien/low carb before a contest - if LC dieting cannibalized muscles, the pro\'s wouldn\'t do it.\"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense, but you\'re obviously not a bodybuilder. Bodybuilders go LC before a contest for the purpose of depleting muscle glycogen. Then right before the contest, they \'carb up\' to replenish glycogen. Since the muscles have been recently deprived, they take in more glycogen then they had to begin with as a defense mechanism.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>\"BTW, people without a history of heart problems have had lot\'s of trouble with Ephedrine - that\'s why more and more states and countries are banning it\'s use.\"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, there were anonymous complains made to the FDA hotline a few years ago & on that basis some politicians attempted a ban in the US a few years ago. If you have any references to ephedrine causing heart problems in anyone without previous problems, I\'d like to read them.

There has also been political heat on ephedrine b/c a chemical relative, pseudoephedrine (the stuff used in lots of cold medicines) is an ingredient in making methamphetamine.

Edited to get the quote script working.

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: Tantalus747 ]

Nutt
04-17-2002, 10:45 PM
oh yeah, forgot to mention Lipoderm - y (\"http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/al/lipo.html\") a topical transdermal yohimbine hydrochloride product , its probably the only thing out there I\'ve heared actualy works for topical weight loss, great for thining off the old mid - section and man breasts images/icons/laugh.gif

Its from avant labs, who seem to be one of the best, most open , companys out there. I\'ve bought some of there one product to use in the future ( they were selling a beta version cheap, it may still be avalible at www.avantlabs.com) (\"http://www.avantlabs.com)\") Its a pretty hardcore product though, its basicaly a steroid (one not lipo!) do some research at avant labs and bodybuilding.com if your intrested in one.

[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: Nutz ]

slatedrake
04-17-2002, 10:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tantalus747:
There has also been political heat on ephedrine b/c a chemical relative, pseudoephedrine (the stuff used in lots of cold medicines) is an ingredient in making methamphetamine.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Tantalus - Was it pseudoephedrine or norephedrine that was giving everyone fits?

I thought it was the noreph - simply from the recent pulling of Adipokinetix and other noreph products.

Big bump on the carb up before a competition. Obviously you\'re cutting for up to 16 weeks prior, but than the last 2-3 days are all about carb loading to come in full and ripped.

Weight loss is a HUGE topic though, and I think you have to remember that NOTHING that works for any length of time is always going to continue to show results and work, especially as your body starts to come in around 10-15% BF. The secret is to educate yourself about how your body reacts to various forms of weight loss and then use that accumulated knowledge to to keep changing things up. I.e., a moderate diet with 3 days of cardio can help you to bring your weight drastically down, but to get down below 10%...no way..you\'re going to need to start tricking your body with refeeds (carb loads), and perhaps even the use of thermos and or stims. Then maybe it’s time for some of the more radical diets such at Keto’s (attkins) or the advanced ones we’re seeing such as Animalbolics and Crumbs…

Slate

**DONOTDELETE**
04-18-2002, 01:41 AM
thx for all your replies guys!

Im now particulary into the hydroxycut lasertalk talked about.. and contacted him for more info and buy sources.

i DID jogging, read books and done alot of workout.. i also tried the fast run, slow run mechanics (read about it in another book too)

about the electrostimulators... yes i bought 2 of them..
1 is the one that runs constantly in the tv spots (here its called ABtronic) and the other one is from Slendertone...

Abtronic is cheaper and works better... also it uses the gel you have to apply on body and pad... slendertone uses self- sticking pads that will break up after 2 months and you have to buy them again (a rip-off if you ask me)

i used abtronic constantly 2-3 times (a 10 mins) a day on my body and it DID build up muscles (almost sixpack)

WHY almost? well the fat is still there especially in the lower zone.. it wont go away this way...

i would be perfectly in shape if i d loose the bodyfat...

thats why the hydroxycut sounds so good images/icons/smile.gif

anyways i truly suggest you buy a ems if you want to build up muscles the easy way...
its NO wondermachine but it does build up your body

Steve

slatedrake
04-18-2002, 12:40 PM

Btw, I was able to find adipkinetics for sale at a few different sites online. I\'ve not ordered, so maybe it\'s just old pages. bodybuilding.com was one of them... don\'t take this as a recommendation of them, I\'ve never done buisiness there.
[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: Tantalus747 ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tantalus - That hilarious! I just received my two bottles of Adipo from bodybuilding.com yesterday! I\'ve actually done a lot of biz with them, and I\'ve always had very good results. They follow up with email confirmation and ship fast, good prices as well.

slatedrake
04-18-2002, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nutz:
oh yeah, forgot to mention Lipoderm - y (\"http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/al/lipo.html\") a topical transdermal yohimbine hydrochloride product , its probably the only thing out there I\'ve heared actualy works for topical weight loss, great for thining off the old mid - section and man breasts images/icons/laugh.gif

Its from avant labs, who seem to be one of the best, most open , companys out there. I\'ve bought some of there one product to use in the future ( they were selling a beta version cheap, it may still be avalible at www.avantlabs.com) (\"http://www.avantlabs.com)\") Its a pretty hardcore product though, its basicaly a steroid (one not lipo!) do some research at avant labs and bodybuilding.com if your intrested in one.

[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: Nutz ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big Bump on Avant Labs!

I’ve used Lipoderm before and it has really proven to be effective for me. You will need to be deficient around 1000-1500 calories a day though to see results. It frees up the fats in adipo tissue and pushes them into the blood, where they can then be burned as fuel. But if you not in a calorie deficient state, they’ll just get re-deposited somewhere.

Nutz – Just started my 2 week cycle of ONE yesterday. Had a GREAT workout today during lunch! It’s a little too early to tell, but based on all of the other feedback on bb.com and what I felt today, I think this is going to work very well indeed!

Slate

Tantalus747
04-18-2002, 01:07 PM
Steve, the reason hydroxycut is effective is the ECA stack in it. The green tea extract helps somewhat. The hydroxycitric acid in hydroxycut probably doesn\'t make a noticable difference.

Tantalus747
04-18-2002, 01:18 PM
Slate, have you used Adipo before? How were the results (and side effects) compared to the ECA stack? I\'ve not followed the industry nearly as closely the last couple years as I used to.

You may know this but interestingly enough, yohimbe is more effective for weight loss after a couple months of ephedrine use. (I would assume it\'s the same with norephedrine.) This has to do with the downgrading of the beta receptors and the corresponding increase in alpha receptor sensitivity. This makes it especially good for love handles, as that area tends to be high in alpha receptors.

Oh, and let us know how the One goes... I\'ve personally shyed away from hormonal supplements, so I\'ve not researched them much... since I\'ve not planned on taking them.

[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: Tantalus747 ]

PHP 87
04-18-2002, 04:06 PM
Well, I guess we can agree to disagree.

I\'ve now lost 20 lbs. in 40 days, and I can assure you that nearly every ounce of it was fat, especially seeing how I\'ve lost 4.25\" from my waist in the same amount of time.

I am also consuming 10-12 calories per pound of bodyweight. If anything, I am consuming more calories now than before, but I am losing weight.

The problem with cutting calories is that your body thinks food is in short supply so it starts storing fat in anticipation of the impending food shortage it thinks is going to occur.

My results speak for themselves:

20 lbs. in 40 days and I look and feel great.

If someone wants to drop excess weight in a hurry, there aren\'t many if any faster ways than going Low-Carb/High-Protien.

[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: PHP 87 ]

Tantalus747
04-18-2002, 07:07 PM
Sorry PHP, I didn\'t mean to come off as a Body for Life nazi. images/icons/laugh.gif

Not everyone\'s metabolisms are the same & some diets for better for some people than for others.

The Body for Life type diet works best for me (I say type b/c I ate similarly years before the book came out), if a LC diet works best for you, by all means go for it & best of luck. images/icons/smile.gif

travis
04-19-2002, 04:37 AM
PHP 87,

I totally agree with you, I am on a LOW CARB DIET, I have lost 10 lbs in two weeks time. not bad ha?

I\'d like to try Atkin\'s method but do not know where to start. Can you guide me bro?

Travis images/icons/wink.gif

slatedrake
04-19-2002, 07:09 AM
Slate, have you used Adipo before? How were the results (and side effects) compared to the ECA stack? I\'ve not followed the industry nearly as closely the last couple years as I used to.

You may know this but interestingly enough, yohimbe is more effective for weight loss after a couple months of ephedrine use. (I would assume it\'s the same with norephedrine.) This has to do with the downgrading of the beta receptors and the corresponding increase in alpha receptor sensitivity. This makes it especially good for love handles, as that area tends to be high in alpha receptors.

Oh, and let us know how the One goes... I\'ve personally shyed away from hormonal supplements, so I\'ve not researched them much... since I\'ve not planned on taking them.

[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: Tantalus747 ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Tantalus –

I have used Adipo before on my last cutting cycle. I really liked the way it worked, it did help shed fat and preserve muscle. Another plus is that because Noreph doesn’t cross the blood-brain barrier anywhere near as much as straight Eph, it’s a lot easier on the ol’ CNS. Right now I’m doing a straight ECA (Ripped Fuel X) plus Yohimbine, and even though that’s a little harder on my system, it does seem to take the fat off a little better. I’ve been doing the ECA for about 2 weeks now, so I’ll be taking a two-week break, and then maybe going with the Adipo again.

I didn’t know that about Yohimbine (I’m NOT taking the herbal Yohimbe stuff….no alkaloids or anything like that, I’m using the synthetic pharmaceutical grade Yohimbine-HCL for exact dosing&#8230 images/icons/wink.gif.

That makes a ton of sense though as Yohimbine is an alpha 2 antagonist, which increases the release of norepinephrine, and hence keeps the buring of triglycerides going.

It probably would help to wait and use it later, but to be honest, I’ve always seen WAY more results with using it in combination with the ECA at the same time….kind of a double whammy…

I’ll let you know about the ONE….I’m also VERY careful when it comes to manipulating my body, and I’m only doing the lightest possible dose for the shortest time (2 weeks). If I see ANY side effects what-so-ever, (libidio, hair, etc..) I’m done forever baby. So far though…I’m blown away. I had a lift yesterday that was truly amazing…benched (flat and incline) more than I ever have….could be the placebo effect and all in my head, but I don’t think so.

Later,

Slate

PHP 87
04-19-2002, 06:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Travis:
PHP 87,

I totally agree with you, I am on a LOW CARB DIET, I have lost 10 lbs in two weeks time. not bad ha?

I\'d like to try Atkin\'s method but do not know where to start. Can you guide me bro?

Travis images/icons/wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://atkinscenter.com/dev/ (\"http://atkinscenter.com/dev/\")