PDA

View Full Version : April 7 update includes:

jvkohl
04-10-2002, 09:03 PM
There are several (more than last year) presentations scheduled that will enhance general knowledge of human pheromones during the next Annual Meeting of the Association for Chemoreception Sciences. Here are some titles and notes--more info is available from page 2 of my website.

Also, my updated book: The Scent of Eros, should be available in paperback from Love-Scent.com, and other sources of less interest to Forum members, in about 3 months.

Windy BROWN: Physiological and psychological effects of two putative human pheromones.

Patricia WILSON: Androstadienone affects courtship-like behaviors in women.

Johan N LUNDSTROM : Psychological effects of subthreshold exposure of 4,16-androstadien-3-one on women.

Mats J OLSSON: Detection thresholds for 4,16-androstadien-3-one.

Michael KNECHT : Assessment of olfactory function and androstenone odor thresholds in man with or without covering the vomeronasal duct.

Natasha A. SPENCER: Effects of Breastfeeding Chemosignals on Human Sexual Motivation.

Rachel S HERZ: A Test of Associative Odor Learning. KEY FINDING: This finding gives strong support to the notion that hedonic responses to odors are acquired via learned emotional associations.

Charles J. WYSOCKI: Sex Differences in Olfactory Cross-Adaptation of Human Sweat Odor. \"These results reveal unexpected sex differences in the production of axillary odors and, importantly, sex differences in the perception of these odors, especially in the presence of other, competing odorants. It is as if the biologically relevant odor from the opposite sex appears to break through.\"

Denise CHEN: The Smell of Emotion: Olfactory Communication of Emotion in Humans

George PRETI: Human Axillary Odors Formed by Endogenous Bacteria.

Joel D MAINLAND: Plasticity Underlying Androstenone Learning may be Mediated Centrally rather than Peripherally.

Noam SOBEL: Olfactory coding of pleasantness and intensity in the human amygdaloid Complex.

Jianli WANG: Different Reaction of Human Brain to the Invigorating and Relaxing Odors

Pamela DALTON: Hormonal gating of exposure-induced sensitivity to odors in women WOMEN.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2002, 10:26 PM
Thanks, James.

Can you give us more details on how this study was conducted?

Patricia WILSON: Androstadienone affects courtship-like behaviors in women. KEY FINDING: \"Ö while AND [Androstadienone] may affect the likelihood of signaling a partner, it does not affect attraction to a specific partnerÖ\"

**DONOTDELETE**
04-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Are the full abstracts available some where? Even a 150-word abstract would be useful. I\'d like to see them. =).

Whitehall
04-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Thank you very much! This is quite an impressive amount of information in your site, enough to keep me busy for some time.
Good work.

jvkohl
04-11-2002, 07:02 PM
I think you need a membership at the following URL to access the abstracts, but you may be able to back track from the URL and get a name/password. Good Luck!
http://ams.cos.com/cgi-bin/search/genProgram?formName=onlineSearchInst&institutionId=2981&meetingId=76 (\"http://ams.cos.com/cgi-bin/search/genProgram?formName=onlineSearchInst&institutionId=2981&meetingId=76\")

jvkohl
04-11-2002, 07:07 PM
Just clicked through to the abstract search from the URL in my previous post.

Whitehall,
I\'m happy to oblige. The April site update is a ego boost for me, since several researchers at last year\'s conference told me they always check my site for the latest information before attending the conference.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-11-2002, 08:12 PM
Maybe, someone can join, get the abstracts, and post the text here.

jvkohl
04-11-2002, 10:58 PM
Sorry, Truth, no other details at this time. The abstracts are published prior to the conference, but only conference attendees can get the full details--at least until the study is published in a journal (which sometimes takes years). Unfortunately, I am unable to attend the conference this year, so the abstract is simply somewhat of a tease. At least we know this stuff is being researched by different groups, and results are forthcoming.