PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie question

**DONOTDELETE**
04-10-2002, 09:34 AM
OK, let\'s assume that I am wearing the proper combo of pheromones to get the desired results from a member of the opposite sex. But let\'s also assume that I am in a group of other guys (at a work meeting, or out at a bar, etc). Let\'s say that the pheromones kick in successfully. How does this member of the opposite sex know that they are *my* pheromones and not, for example, the guy standing next to me?

.WiseMan

PHP 87
04-10-2002, 10:07 PM
Because you will be the one standing the closest to her and talking to her.

Pheromones work far better if you take the initiative to approach and talk to women.

Whitehall
04-10-2002, 10:47 PM
People have ways...

Do this thought experiment. Instead of pheromones, say one guy in a group has bad BO. Would the women in the bar be able to figure who the stinker was?

Of course! It may take some time but people are bi-nasal and smell in stereo.

And another thing... the other guys would smell you as alpha male (if wearing \'none) and would show you some added deferment. (That\'s another trick - bring along your own entourage.)

**DONOTDELETE**
04-11-2002, 03:37 AM
Are you sure we smell in stereo? I doubt it. That would require two separate channels and a mechanism to interprete minimal differences as direction clues. Actually it\'s very hard to pinpoint the direction from which a particular smell is coming from. Only when you get closer and the smell gets stronger can you draw conclusions about where it\'s coming from.
Finn

Whitehall
04-11-2002, 08:07 AM
Finn,

I was skeptical at first too but when I started to pay attention I noticed some capablity that surprised me. No, the nose isn\'t as good as the ears in determining direction but it still works, to some degree in some situations.