PDA

View Full Version : how reliable is..........

**DONOTDELETE**
04-08-2002, 07:39 AM
Hello phero users,

On this forum, in the past, I have seen some references to people buying stuff off of ebay. I was wondering, how reliable and safe is this site? I am from Scotland and how reliable is it for me to purchase something from someone in the US? Also, my server email is playing up and therefore Im on a free email site (hotmail) and when I tried to register it said that because I was on a free site, I had to enter my credit/debit card number, which would be protected. Is that safe? I realise this is slightly off topic but when reading this, you feel that you want to reply I would be most grateful.

P.S. the stuff I want to buy will be used in conjunction with pheros, so there is a slight connection to this forum.

Paul c

**DONOTDELETE**
04-08-2002, 09:14 AM
If it is Ebay asking for your card info, you have nothing to worry about. They handle tons of cards every day without problems. And if one should happen to arrise, they will fix it. Ebay is very reliable and safe. It\'s probably the center of the U.S. Commerce market these days!!! lol.

Seriously, I have been using ebay for a few years now, as have many others, without ANY problems.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Agreed, same here.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-08-2002, 11:03 AM
THANKS

I JUST WENT AHEAD AND PUT IN MY DETAILS ANYWAY.

PAUL C

PHP 87
04-08-2002, 11:21 AM
Keep in mind, you are not buying from Ebay, but from people selling items on Ebay.

Always check a sellers feedback rating before placing a bid.

Watch out for sellers who only take payment by Money Order as well.

You can pay for auctions using a credit card thru a 3rd party such as PayPal (www.paypal.com)