PDA

View Full Version : Trip planned to US - need some shopping tips!

CJ01
04-06-2002, 08:39 AM
I´m planning to (hopefully) make a trip to the states in the summer.

I´d appreciate any tips from you guys on some good places to go, for example what stores should I go to to finally sample some Realm and so on.
CJ images/icons/smile.gif

Whitehall
04-06-2002, 03:31 PM
I\'ve always bought Realm, both M and F, at Macy\'s - they\'re a big department store chain from NYC to SF and points in-between.

The Erox sites have a partial listing of current retail outlets.

Where are you visiting?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-06-2002, 04:29 PM
CJ,

I guess it depends on what part of the country that you\'ll be in. I\'ve bought Realm at Macy, Parisians and Dillards down in the Southern United States(Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Lousiana), and Macy\'s, Marshall Fields in the midwest. Just hit a good mall and make a day of it images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-07-2002, 02:38 AM
CJ-
A hot shopping spot in my neck of the woods is Kittery, Maine. The attraction: several miles of \"outlet stores\" for many many major manufacturers where you can get major label clothes and goods at substantial discount. If you are really looking to shop, this spot is about an hour\'s drive north of Boston. As others have already noted, Realm is available retail here in a number of department store chains across the country.

MAJORSOB
04-07-2002, 08:05 AM
Sympatible..you beat me to the punch about Kittery...not to mention the best seafood in the world can be found in Maine..and over the bridge in Portsmouth partying down on the decks has always been a favorite of mine in the summer...

CJ01
04-07-2002, 08:49 AM
Thanks guys. I´m sorry though I forgot where exactly I´ll be going of course. I´m gonna be in NY. Sadly I will probably not have the dough or time to make a trip to Maine or even Canada. images/icons/frown.gif
But still I´m wo´ndering about places where I can find stuff that I have trouble finding over here. For instance, where can I get hold of this Damiana stuff-the drink as well as the smokable one images/icons/laugh.gif . Or little fragrance shops.sounds funny to you maybe but I simply cannot find any patchouli over here. images/icons/crazy.gif weird huh?
thanks so far though.CJ images/icons/smile.gif

MAJORSOB
04-07-2002, 09:01 AM
CJ01..where are you from?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-08-2002, 09:32 AM
CJ:
For Damiana and Patchouli you will find at http://www.baldwins.co.uk/ (\"http://www.baldwins.co.uk/\")

Are you sure you\'re from UK? images/icons/laugh.gif