PDA

View Full Version : Cryptic Information Clarity needed

**DONOTDELETE**
04-03-2002, 08:40 PM
Hi all, I have over the course of several days read 100 or more posts and replies and have decided there is a valuable piece of information that is missing. A pheramone dictionary or reference page. I have the spreadsheet which covers many aspects, but it too lacks the primary key. -none? -nol?
I assume it is the last few letters in the name of the key ingredient. For example SOE is not on the list but that one was easy enough to find on Bruces web site. But what is it\'s key ingredient? And still an index chart of what typical effects are. Such as I keep reading that 1 in 4 can\'t smell NPA. I can\'t smell it, so that tends to make me wonder if I am immunue because I already produce it\'s \"key\" ingredient? Or would the opposite hold true. Couldnt smell anything but the alchohol, but I definately got an anxiety rush. BTW what is the key ingredient or secret code for NPA? -mone? Since it is on the chart I know it is N=Androstenone. So is that -none or -one? What are it\'s properties?
Also the Musk Oil \"with pheromones\" that comes as one of the items in the newbie package...What\'s in it?
images/icons/crazy.gif I hate that my initial post has so many questions, usually I am pretty helpfull and not this needy.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-03-2002, 10:46 PM
Hi DG, welcome, and I will be the first to try to answer your questions. I know anything I misquote will be corrected by other forum \"gurus\", so no worries here.

You\'re correct about the phero dictionary or guide. It would definitely help newbies out and clear up a bit of redundancy on the board. I believe it is a work in progress by a couple of the members, i think camusflage and ilurbu, and maybe others.

-none and -nol are simply suffixes to two of the pheros we use. -none=Androstenone, -nol=Androstenol, -rone=Androsterone.

SOE is not on the list (correct again!), but it contains 5mg of pheros, 4mg of -nol, and 1mg of -rone in it\'s 10 mL bottle. -rone is said to enhance the effects of -nol and -none.

The stat you speak of (1 in 4 cannot smell NPA) is actually referring to being able to smell Androstenone. About 25% cannont smell -none, making overdoses a prob with these people if they aren\'t careful. Does not mean you\'re immune to its effects or what not, simply means you can\'t smell it. Period.

NPA has Androstenone, and a couple of secret ingredients, but Lacroy Chem (the makers) won\'t tell us what the are.

Musk Oil- What\'s in it? Androstenol, but no one knows how much. At first glance it would seem not much due to it\'s cheap price, but some peeps have had hits from it, so maybe alot more than anticipated.

Hope I answered everything satisfactorily and correctly. Happy Hunting!

PHP 87
04-03-2002, 10:53 PM
I can\'t smell the A-None in NPA until I actually apply it to my skin or clothes - when I smell it in the bottle, all I can notice is the smell of alcohol.

There was a recent post that showed all of the abbreviations.

It was called \"Anymore missing ?\"

Here is a link to it: http://hit-central.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001237 (\"http://hit-central.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001237\")

Nutt
04-03-2002, 10:54 PM
hehe, no problem, it takes a while to get use to the shorthand we use on the board.

Okay when we refer to -none , - nol , or -rol were talking about Androste then the suffix, e.g.

-none = Androstenone - mascline phero which asserts domminance and is especialy attractive to females \' in heat\' ( mental blank on the technical term there!)

-rol = Androsterol - \'Happy\' pheremone, tends to elevate mood slighlty and enhance overall \'attractivness\' to others. , charisma pheremone???

-rone - Androsterone , enhances the effects of other pheros, may have effects of its own, but I cant remeber them images/icons/laugh.gif only found alone in the chemistry kits, where thats kind of the point

etc: of course if you want to get technical you could write the whole chemical formula of the compound, but we\'d be here all week images/icons/laugh.gif

these three compounds are the main ( male ) pheremone molecules we play with. there signaling chemicals which ( or so the theroy behind pheremones goes ) are detected by the VNO ( a small, partialy active vestigial sensory organ in the nose), this subconciously affects the thoughts, actions, and mood of those around us.

You dont have to be able to conciously smell the phero for it to have an effect, and some peoples VNO may ( or may not) be inactive as it appears to be slowly evolving out of humans. this is a hotly debated topic in the true science field, but theres lots of anecdotal and hormonal evidence to suggest pheros are having some effect, if not at the VNO then somewhere.

hehe, teach me not to start a post and walk away from the computer, by the time I came back and finished two people had given mostof this advice! images/icons/laugh.gif

[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: Nutz ]

**DONOTDELETE**
04-04-2002, 03:21 PM
Actually, only two chemicals have been shown to effect the VNO, and they are not -none, -nol, or -rone. Particularly, they are androstadienone, and estratetraenol. It seems to most that the responses to -none, -nol, and the rest of the gang, may simply be conditioned responses...a.k.a. responses associated with other chemicals acting on the VNO...confusing to me too...lol.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-04-2002, 03:38 PM
I wouldn\'t worry dragon, even the erstwhile discoverers of these \"Pheros\" seem confused. Since in the \"Perfumery and the sixth sense\" yarbols they claim that Androstadienol doesn\'t stimulate the Vno, Yet in their patent claims they claim that alpha and beta androstadienol is better at it than Androstadienone. Still, they even patented Androstadienone as a \"novel fixative\" in perfumery as a hedge in case it turns out that the \"phero\" angle is duffer.

I think that \"mood\" and \"emotion\" are such difficult things to quantify that in the end you can\'t nail it down and get a definitive answer, you just have to suck it and be objective in your judgement as to the effects of these things. Rememebering that it is likely that pheros effect the wearer as well as other folk, and this could \"warp\" your evaluation of any given situation.