PDA

View Full Version : Mixed 2/3 of APC and 1/3 PI+NPA...(Eyeballed it)...Experienced users please help

**DONOTDELETE**
04-02-2002, 12:21 AM
I ran out of NPA when attempting to fill the last 1/3 of the roller ball bottle I have with it, so since I heard that NPA and PI have the same -none content and since I read somewhere that JB#1 was bassically 1/3 NPA and 2/3 APC, I gave it a try....

In another thread someone thought this was too much -none, but now I am confused...Is it too much or is it what was called JB#1 which was seemingly a decent mix..

I dont want to wear it for fear that I will repell people and I also dont want it to go to waste...

I just eyeballed the bottle and poured APC in first, then the NPA and PI to fill what was a little less than 1/3 of the roller bottle (from love-scent).

I tried it tonight and I didnt have a bad reaction from my fiancee, but not a great one either...maybe a bad night for her.

Anyway...As a new person I probably should have not tried to mix it without definite instructions to obtain good amounts...

I have had very good luck with a generous amount of APC and a couple drops of NPA or PI... PI seems a bit stronger than NPA, though...

I hope I didn\'t waste my NPA/PI... Can anyone assist with this so that I know that this is not too damn strong??

I guess I am confused...

Nutt
04-02-2002, 04:17 AM
you dident really waste it, as they are all pretty much just -none in terms of active ingredients, you just diluted the more concentrated pheros, and added more -none to the less conc. ones , the pheros are about the same, its just weaker than NPA but much stronger than APC

**DONOTDELETE**
04-02-2002, 01:18 PM
You\'ll never get any results if you are constantly afraid to try new things...Live and learn. That\'s what we\'re here for.

JB#1 was accurately 30% APC to 70% NPA. It is seemingly a decent mix, the numbers seem to say about 3 drops will put you in NICE DOSE LAND.

As a new person, you prolly shouldn\'t have used so much to mix...if you get a dud, you kinda have wasted your stash. Maybe you\'ll get lucky and find your supercombo though.

The numbers on your mix (roughly) seem to make your product .2 mg/mL of pheros...maybe try 2 or 3 drops, or 6-10 dabs. Hope I could help a little.

But all in all, no, it\'s not too strong.

oscar
04-02-2002, 04:48 PM
Gents,

First, a clarification: Jambat # 1 contains 70% APC and 30% NPA. Of this I am certain.

I\'ve mixed this recipe up twice and find that it has the following shortcomings:

1. At a 7:3 ratio, you are mixing at a level that is only a bit more than 2:1 . The manufacturer\'s recommendations for combining cologne with NPA suggest either a 4:1 or 5:1 ratio.

2. APC contributes some (though pitifully little) phero power to the mix. If anything this should beg for more fragrance cover, not less.

3. As a fragrance, APC\'s scent is quite short-lived, so at 7:3, after a time, as in the case of the emperor\'s clothes, the wearer is left standing there virtually uncovered, with his PI/NPA hanging out.

If I were as hooked on APC/NPA as some, I would surely want to use enough of the fragrance component (APC) to make my mix smell better, longer.

Especially when using PI either totally or partially in lieu of NPA, I\'d go 80:20 (4:1) at least. Maybe even 5:1.

Why do I feel like I\'m contradicting the Bible here? images/icons/crazy.gif

Oscar images/icons/crazy.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-03-2002, 02:05 PM
Right, 30% NPA to 70% APC...I always write those down backwards...but the math still stands up as I did that part correctly. Pretty sure of that one. Sorry yo. Thanks for the check Oscar.

Watcher
04-03-2002, 02:21 PM
Well jambat is no longer with us so we will never know what he would have evolved the mixes into probably still using it just not postings. The mix works ok though tried it out and made modifications so it is good.

50 50 AE NPA or NPA SOE still is a good combo to.