PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried the "Beaches Hair Gel"?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-30-2002, 11:04 PM
I was curious to see if anybody in this board has tried the Beaches hair gel? It is a gel containing phero. It costs about $30 for 4oz. I haven\'t seen it in love-scent\'s website, but if you search on google you will get planty of hits.

So if anyboy has ever tried I would be interested to know of the results.

Peace,
Albus

Bruce
03-31-2002, 06:29 AM
I used to sell it a couple years back. Never tried it myself. I used to sport a crew cut back in those days and never was much of a hair gel guy anyway. Ever see the hair gel scene in the movie \"Something about Mary.\"? It\'s a riot.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
03-31-2002, 07:53 AM
Why don\'t you sell it anymore? Is there something wrong with the gel?

PHP 87
03-31-2002, 01:24 PM
Not sure why anyone would want to spend $30.00 on 4 oz. of hair gel - you\'ll go thru that a lot faster than $30.00 worth of NPA and you will most likely get better results with NPA as well.

Bruce
03-31-2002, 02:36 PM
Well, the truth be known I got fired from their resellers program. This was back in the infancy of Love Scent and I think the idea was to stop me from selling competing products, which I was just starting to do at that time. Love Scent was very small potatoes at the time, and probably the guy who sold the owner on the idea of 86ing me hadn\'t thought the idea thru very well. One of those things you do in anger that comes back to haunt you down the road.

So, you can see that anything I might say against this line of products could be called \"sour grapes\". But honest to God the only product of theirs I would be interested in having back would be Beaches. Not much chance of them selling to me I would say.

Bruce

camusflage
03-31-2002, 02:55 PM
I\'ve only been looking at phero stuff for a few weeks now, as opposed to many others who have been into it for years. Already though, I\'ve come to mistrust anyone who won\'t say whats in their stuff and in what amounts it\'s there. I looked around at the various Beaches sites, and the closest I could come to those basic questions was one that said it has -none in it. I use American Crew spray gel, and have no problem spraying stuff into my hair. I think I\'d be more likely to spray TE into my hair and know what and how much is going in than use some unknown quantity of questionable pheros, but that\'s just me. I wonder if putting Andro1 in a hair product would violate any patents. images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-31-2002, 10:20 PM
Again, I suspect others will _very_ quickly correct me if I\'m wrong. images/icons/wink.gif To my best umderatanding of patents - you can do anything you like at home for your own use. Patents have to do with selling the product to others...

[ March 31, 2002: Message edited by: BassMan ]

oscar
04-01-2002, 03:10 PM
Gents,

I\'ve used a drop of A1 in hair gel about 3 times in the last week since getting the stuff. The gel I have is Matrix Biolage Gelee, I believe it\'s one of those that you can only get at salons. It has a very light scent, but the A1 scent just seems to disappear into it.

I use very little gel, about one pea-size blob. I spread this in the palm of one hand and take the A1 dropper which I\'ve already loosened and put a drop in the center of the gel. Use finger to mix, and apply.

This seems to make more sense than buying a premixed phero gel since you can mix to your own specs. And you can switch to None, Nol, Rone, NPA, P10, or whatever you like!

Oscar images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
04-01-2002, 03:16 PM
Pardon me for my ignorance, but is A1 (Andro 1)? the new phero x?
Is it working for you? I heard it\'s still into its experimental stage?
The method that you are using can also be used with PI(M) or any other oil-based phero?

Albus

oscar
04-01-2002, 05:23 PM
albus,

I avoid using oil based stuff anywhere near my hair, and that includes behind the ears. They make my hair too greasy looking. The only things I\'ll add to hair gel are the alcohol based products.

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif