PDA

View Full Version : Future...

**DONOTDELETE**
03-25-2002, 04:59 PM
So what do you guys think will happen when pheromones start becoming more recognized and well known?

I think it\'s gonna take a while, because no one talks about it (except us images/icons/wink.gif ). I certainly don\'t tell people about it, except some of my most trusted associates images/icons/cool.gif.

I wonder what would happen if just about everybody wore? Would it all cancel out? Or maybe we\'d all be having orgies in the streets images/icons/shocked.gif

...ehh... Sorry for the rambling... still relevant thought I guess images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-30-2002, 10:36 AM
If everybody new about pheros and they wore them all the time, then they would be just a regular thing. I guess scientists would have to come up with a new \"potion\".

jvkohl
03-30-2002, 12:06 PM
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_548792.html?menu=news.scienceanddiscovery (\"http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_548792.html?menu=news.scienceanddiscovery\")
Cut and paste the entire URL (above)

It\'s one of a series of press reports that
Lee appropriately referred to as a plug for
Athena. Norma McCoy (coauthor of this study)
also co-authored a 1998 study with Winnifred
Cutler of Athena. The results of both studies
leave much to be desired; cannot be replicated; and are generally perceived to be product marketing attempts.

Watcher
03-30-2002, 12:33 PM
It seems it will be investigated very interestingly from a medical point of view most perfume and colonge makers will put them in their products in the next few years (nol and rone especially).
But all in all it will probably become a niche product (which is fine by me) because the less that know about it and use it the better.
I hear a lot of doctors are now using pheromones with thier patients could be some legal ethical issues their but the stuff is natural anyway so it doesnt matter (the same as a good looking doctor) - male or female depending whether youre gay or straight or male or female.

Boards
03-30-2002, 12:35 PM
Id hate to think that one day pheros would become mainstream but I fear its only a matter of time. Its a shame because I love having the edge over everyone else and tuning into the forum to see what everyone else is up to.

Watcher
03-30-2002, 12:40 PM
I wouldnt worry to much because there are people out there who go out of their way once they know about it to very aggressively attack it. They have illusion of removing it from public attention forever (never works that way)

But they do become of assistance in keeping it down and out of mainstream so those in the know still have the edge.

Consider those against them (religous and ethical) youre friend because the truth is this stuff we all produce naturally. You will find if you work out and get a good diet (they push those always) then you can pump up natural phero levels to quite high levels anyway but they arent as pure as these.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-30-2002, 01:52 PM
James wrote, \"The results of both studies leave much to be desired; cannot be replicated; and are generally perceived to be product marketing attempts.\"

Let me ask a third time, James. What are the criticisms of these studies that you keep asserting others in the scientific community are making?!?

jose
03-30-2002, 02:08 PM
I went to the movies to see Blade II and guess the word they use to attract vampires to other vampires \"Pheromones\". Looks like the word is going out already sub consciously anyway. But how many people have returned products because they only use it for one week and found no results and want their money back. Maybe Bruce can answer that question, still it\'s probably going to be a couple of years before it becomes popular. images/icons/laugh.gif

[ March 30, 2002: Message edited by: jose ]

**DONOTDELETE**
03-30-2002, 03:06 PM
Have no fear, pheromones have been around for several years now and have never been mainstream. Andron/Jovan in the 80\'s,REALM wasn\'t doing that well when it first came out. Even with the exposure here something new happens everyday, the exciting thing is a new scientific discovery will come tomorrow!
It will probably be revealed here on Bruce\'s forum first. LOL images/icons/crazy.gif

Bruce
03-30-2002, 03:31 PM
Returns are not bad at all, but I suspect there are other folks that don\'t get results for some reason and don\'t bother to send the bottle back.

To my mind, pheros are just one piece of the attraction puzzle. If that is the only piece of the puzzle that is missing, you are going to notice amazing results, otherwise results will be less dramatic. Middle aged guys who had a lot of success with women when they were younger generally get good results with pheros. Young guys, already dripping with natural pheros who figure a bottle of Edge is going to eliminate the need for developing social skills are usually headed for disappointment.

Beyond this basic disposition towards success or failure with pheros though, lies yet another factor, application skills. As newbies often remark to me via e-mail after spending a few hours browsing around the forum: \"What the hell are these people talking about???\" What we see on this forum right now may some day be recognized as the stone age of some sort of \"pheromone replacement therapy.\" (PRT) Hey, maybe some day medical history books will credit me with coining that phrase. images/icons/smile.gif In any case, I think we all know that just getting your hands on a bottle of APC does not solve all your dating problems dispite what most ot the home pages say on the subject. So, what I am saying is that I don\'t think we need to worry about the insider secrets of phero technology falling into the hands of the masses and spoiling everything. When I was in my twenties (the \"seventies\") I got swept up in the New Age movement. I became a vegetarian, went to India, started meditating doing yoga and reading a lot. Well, all that had a truely profound effect on me and I will always be grateful, but in those days I was bothered by the fear that there would be an explosion of spirituality and that very soon EVERYBODY was going to have their \"head together,\" and that would take all the fun out of being enlightened. That really bothered me.

So, in a nutshell, I wouldn\'t worry about the secret getting out. As folks say in Japan: \"So nani amakunai.\" (it ain\'t that easy, pal). Witness the ancient art of fragrance and perfume. It wasn\'t invented yesterday. men and women alike have been using fragrances to help make their romantic targets crazy for literally thousands of years, and still you can walk into a convenience store and run into a guy who smells like he has a urinal deodorant cake in his pocket.

So...don\'t worry, be happy. Smiles are still the most potent aphrodisiac known to man, and you can quote me on that.

Bruce images/icons/wink.gif

Lee
03-30-2002, 11:20 PM
As of late, pheromones have been recognized. I wasn\'t paying any attention but they were reporting something about pheromones in my local news about 2 weeks ago. There was an article posted on msn.com about it. Although it seemed like a cheap plug for the Athena Institute.

I don\'t think it\'s gonna be at the point where you can just by a bottle of this stuff at walmart or anything like that. There\'s going to be a group somewhere out there to complain about it.

I think the whole issue of pheromones will be talked about like those \"subliminal messages\". It\'s been proven to work but is not allowed, so it seems. Those who know about it win, while the rest of the world suffers from ignorance. There\'s lots of stuff out there that is interesting yet people wouldn\'t care.

[ March 30, 2002: Message edited by: Lee ]