PDA

View Full Version : Sample pack expiry after open?

Pheromun
02-06-2012, 09:59 PM
How long do they last after you open em do you reckon, stored in a coolish area?

belgareth
02-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Indefinately, so long as you keep the container closed tightly.

Rbt
02-10-2012, 06:40 PM
I often store any open products into a zip-lock style plastic baggie and then keep in a cool, dark, spot. I've had gel-packs eventually dry out (after I've managed to forget about them for too long...). This has helped save some of my bottled products as well when I discovered that some of the plastic screw-on caps have split from age and/or use. I often save old caps from used-up products as replacements (came in handy with a bottle of A314 I recently discovered whose cap had broken. Had kept it in a baggie, and was able to replace cap with a spare.).

I recently also discovered a small sample vial of A314 from a LS promotion ages and ages ago. Has a pull-off stopper. It has an interesting smell to it. Not sure about how age has affected it yet. Gonna have to try it out some day. It looks like some of the product had evaporated (which is interesting as it was oil-based) so it may also be a bit more concentrated. We shall see.