PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages

Arrow
08-11-2011, 07:02 AM
How come there is no way to send private messages?

Do I have to have a certain number of posts before I can send private messages?

I was just curious about this. I feel that being able to send private messages would help to improve the site, I believe it would also help to improve friendships on this forum.

There are just some things that I don't want to talk about in public. But I would be willing to talk about them if I knew it was private.

Thanks for reading this thread.

Bruce
08-11-2011, 07:53 AM
We used to use them quite a bit, but spammers were going into the site and sending PMs to members. Maybe there is some way to stop that now.

B

idesign
08-16-2011, 03:32 AM
PMs for long standing members would be nice but I don't know how you'd do it. Easy enough to give Mods privileges but maybe you could tie PM privileges to post count or join date.

Another option would be to create a separate forum, something like the Boomer Room, where membership is limited and privileges are granted.

real_wiseman
08-16-2011, 04:51 AM
It would be nice to have PMs, even if it means having some sort of priv-access to use it....

Bruce
08-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Actually, I think that is possible. We can create different user groups and assign them special abilities on the forum. Like the Boomer group for example. Used to be that mods could PM with anyone; now it seems even I can't send a PM. I'll have to poke around a little.

Arrow
09-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Thank you for considering this idea. It would be nice to PM some people here.