PDA

View Full Version : Tacoma named most romantic city in the USA

txi0m
07-24-2011, 11:46 PM
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Tacoma-named-most-romantic-city-in-US-115611174.html

I live so close to Tacoma I might as well call it my city! I knew we had one of the highest rates of car related crimes, but most romantic?? I hardly believe it, lol.

I'm betting it's because of all the rain and crappy weather we get here-- puts people in a down mood, so we seek excitement through relationships. :kiss:

Last week it rained four days in a row! Quite rare, actually. I can only count one other time in the past 20 years that we've had rain in July, and that was 4 years ago and lasted ONE day. This is typically our nicest month of the year. :)

But this article makes me wonder what percentage of Love-Scent orders get shipped to Washington state. It isn't the first time I've heard this before, actually. But I figured whoever told me that tidbit was just blowing hot air.

Bruce
07-25-2011, 07:36 AM
That's interesting. I don't live all that far away; never been there though. I visit Orcas Island often; one of my favorite spots and also very romantic. If you have never been there, check it out for sure.

B

tim929
08-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Yeah...Tacoma...romantic? Im sure they have discovered a cure for the common cold and how to make gold out of dog poop too. Tacoma has the unmistakable odor of a pulp mill which has got to be the least enticing smell next to rotting garbage. The streets are run down and the neighborhoods are awash with gang bangers and wanna be gang bangers...wow...romantic.

I suspect that somebody was hitting the sauce pretty hard when they came up with that idea. Thats sort of like taking a date to Gorst or honeymooning in Bremerton.

idesign
08-31-2011, 12:05 PM
Honeymooning in Bremerton would be like partying in Branson, Missouri. There's just no "there" there.

Tacoma is uhhhh... Tacoma. Drive through if you must, but don't expect romance unless you've fallen in love on a website, still at your own risk

Rbt
09-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Although I do wonder about someone who has "L" as an avatar.... Mr. txi0m...

:twisted:

DrSmellThis
03-13-2012, 03:49 AM
Yeah, man. I live in the NW. I heard that and am, like, "Tacoma?" I had a good friend in Tacoma. Other than that I don't think I've heard the town mentioned.

MariaMorgan
01-31-2013, 02:44 AM
Tacoma sure is a good place to hang out with friends and families but specially with our love or spouse. The simple factor is that the season and climate is so good and clear always that you will have an urge to revisit the place again and again.

Bruce
02-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Never been there, I don't think. I've been in Seattle quite a bit; nice there. Different from Tacoma?

B