PDA

View Full Version : To "Finn" regarding communication guide

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 06:44 PM
If you ever decide to write a manuel on this or another forum on this , I would be extremely interested in it. I hope bruce would one day open a forum for communication skills to women...
This is critical and I have little knowledge here . I spent 2 hrs at Borders Books looking for a good book on this subject or something related and I couldn\'t find a thing . If any one knows any good books ..not pick-up books for sex--- but books on how men should talk to them , read them and treat them... I would be grateful.
I\'m reading one now but its kinda the marriage perspective towards the end. This book states men try to tell women what to think or do to much rather then just listen .. We lecture too much .. It is our nature to try to fix and they find it oppessive sometimes and a turn off. ~~~~~~do a communication guide !!

camusflage
03-19-2002, 07:42 PM
I haven\'t looked for any books about men relating to women per se, but I have been reading a fascinating book lately along the same lines. The name of the book is The Art of Speedreading People: How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language (\"http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0316845183/qid=1016594336/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_7_1/002-3037415-6277640\"). While not necessarily a book about how to deal with women, it\'s more about how to relate to other people, particularly those of differing personalities from your own. Still though, it\'s useful because there are definite gender differences. Based on Myers Briggs Type Indicators, women are twice as likely (56% of females vs 30% of males) to be SF, which means they\'ll make decisions based mostly on emotion, paying attention to information from the senses, while men are twice as likely (41% vs 19%) to be ST, or make decisions by what they think, reading from the senses. Intuitive, you may think, but there are subtle (and not so subtle) clues to personality that people give off both consciously and unconsciously, and radical ways they affect the best way to communicate. In the MB model, there are sixteen types, four vectors, each is one of two ways. Introverted/extraverted, intuitive/sensing, thinking/feeling, and judging/perceiving. Within those 16 types, there are functional classes that share similarities. Most judging people are more orderly than their perceiving counterparts. Sensing judgers (SJs) are usually more warm and caring than are intuitive thinkers (NTs).

Some people have a knack for reading people. I have always been able to size people up with relative ease. I never had applied MBTI to everyday life, considering it more of an academic exercise. With some of the information from this book, I can drill down with near laser-like precision into what makes a person tick, how they think, and how best to communicate with them, all within moments of meeting them.

As an example, I was recently travelling with two co-workers. One of them commented on my book, and asked what it was about. After about fifteen seconds of consideration, I had not only pegged his personality type (he had taken an MBTI test a few years ago, and knew already), but I told him some of the things he liked and disliked about his job, what some of his personal strengths and weaknesses are, and what he enjoys in life. I then went on to tell him how I\'d best communicate with him if I were looking to influence him, and he said that I was dead-on accurate for the best way to reach him.

Anyway, while not specifically about men and women, it\'s about you and people, and the things in it can most definitely improve your interactions with women.

Watcher
03-19-2002, 08:10 PM
OOOOOOh can i help here

NLP is the answer to this that is neuro lingistic programming (its a behavioural reading of others motivation strageies how to manipulate others romance sales business stragies language skills - how to read internet forums and get the answers you want by applying certain language structures etc.)

Add to this a indepth knowledge of pheromones and pheromonal influences and reactions and like some of us it becomes easy to get where you want - not always but things become easier - when wearing pheros talk talk and talk its a good tactic doesnt matter what about but you will get a much better response if you verbalise and capatilize)

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 11:31 PM
I\'d recommend the famous Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. It\'s easy to read, and fun, and deals with all those little differences you may not be aware of but recognise when you read it.
There are other books in the series, like Mars and Venus in bed. Haven\'t read, don\'t know.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-20-2002, 04:53 AM
Gray\'s Books a good recommendation Finn, also Book Stores good place to meet women because they are seperated according to their interests among the books. Go there and give em a good wiff of pheromones, Ha images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-20-2002, 05:00 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions on books .. I will read Mars and Venus again .. If anyone knows any other , please share..