PDA

View Full Version : Question about LH levels

**DONOTDELETE**
03-18-2002, 09:48 PM
this is for James and anyone else that has an answer:

I\'ve read how either -nol or -rone increase the LH levels. which phero does it and what does an increase in LH levels mean and what affect does it have on a male and also on a woman?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 12:35 AM
A stupid question: I\'m used to most of the acronyms (PI, SOE, DIHL ...) but this one I have never figured out. LH?

Naughtymonkey
03-19-2002, 01:00 AM
Lutenising hormone.........I think.

jvkohl
03-19-2002, 05:57 AM
To my knowledge, only -ol has been shown to alter levels of luteinizing hormone (LH). -rone probably does so as well, but has not been studied in this regard.

The effect of pheromones on LH is common among mammals. This effect extends from LH to
levels of estrogens and androgens because the ratio of LH to follicle stimulating hormone is a major factor in regulating these hormones. And, estrogens and androgens are major influences on behavior (particularly sex differences in behavior). Accordingly, we can get from pheromones to levels of estrogens and androgens that influence behavior. Of particular interest is that no non-olfactory input has been shown to directly alter levels of estrogens and androgens. Thus, it appears that pheromones condition behavior via their effect on these hormones.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 08:29 AM
Travis:

I believe he was refering to his own inability to figure out the abbreviation LH. Reactive today? images/icons/shocked.gif

Bruce
03-19-2002, 10:02 AM
Yeah Travis,
Finn was just calling his own question \"stupid\" just as a sort of joke, you could say. There was no harm intended. He didn\'t say anything against the original question.
Bruce

travis
03-19-2002, 12:12 PM
Apologise....got to emotional...

I like the people in the forum. I learned many things here and all my hits I give credit to all the people who unselfishly shared their knowledge how to make this stuff work. What I hate most are people who are \"JACKASS\"

Travis

[ March 19, 2002: Message edited by: Travis ]