PDA

View Full Version : Woman will be sentence

travis
03-18-2002, 05:36 PM
Did anybody heard the news about woman was beaten to death by a dog because she was wearing pheromone? This happened in Los Angeles. The owner of the dog will be sentence tomorrow.

Travis

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: Travis ]

Watcher
03-18-2002, 07:12 PM
She killed the dog or the dog killed her (well this could be a pheromone horror story) although dogs always lay down and never bark when im wearing pheromones. Although its not a good thing.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-18-2002, 07:36 PM
My dog pissed on my down comforter (twice) on my bed while I wasn\'t home because of pheromone residue. I think I\'m the \"Big Dog\" now though. She is way more obedient since I yelled at her for doing it the last time. I\'ve noticed that she is WAY more obedient to me than she ever has been. Just yesterday I went outside to get her back in the house and I only had to call her once from the doorstep. Usually I would have to walk out to her in the yard and point to the door to get her to move. Maybe she has given up and accepted me as the dominant person because of the pheromones.

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: J0B00 ]

**DONOTDELETE**
03-18-2002, 08:31 PM
Man you guys get some twisted stories in other countries. The woman was 33 years old and just trying to get into her apartment. Her neighbor had two giant dogs that always terrorized everyone. Each dog was about 140 pounds. The dogs attacked her and the owner couldn\'t control them. The dogs had some 34 previous incidents of violence. This is the first I\'ve heard of anything concerning pheromones and this case. It happened in San Francisco and the trial is in L.A.

Tantalus747
03-18-2002, 09:41 PM
What\'s your reference that this had anything to do with pheros? This case has been publicized to death & I\'ve never heard anything about pheros being involved.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 12:05 AM
I think initially the lawyers who owned the dog blamed the woman (who was an athlete) for using anabolic steroids that might have caused her to release some scent that triggered the dogs. Anyway, it was a ridiculous claim.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 05:11 AM
Slightly of-toppic responce here but......

People that are trained for the eventuality of having to fight of a large dog, the first thing they are told is.... let the dog bite you.

Think about it, when you have come to terms with the fact that the dog will bite you, you are less likely to shrink together into a fetal posission
(the main reason dogs are effective in martial situations agains humans is because of the \"fear of getting bitten\" responce)
When you realize that you will get bitten you would rather have this happen to your arm than your troat(your left arm) now you have the strong-arm free and you have maintained the initiative.
Using the other hand to bring the neck of the dog over your knee is largely an academic question(even for a small woman provided she uses sudden, violent movements)

Don´t get me wrong, I LOVE dogs(rotweilers, pitbulls and bull-masstiffs) images/icons/laugh.gif

Just offering some (pre-emptive) addvice incase anything like this actualy happens to one of the \"phero-people\"

Satan

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 07:15 AM
Who told you that load of ##$#. I worked at a veterinarians for years and also am a jogger. They will go for your throat if given the opportunity. While jogging I\'ve had at least 3 major stand downs with very large dogs. All three times I took an aggressive stance and started yelling and screaming and showing my teeth. All three times the dogs stopped just out of my range. Usually there\'s such a ruckus that neighbors and hopefully the owner will come out to see what\'s going on. Now I never jog without pepper spray or some other easy to jog with weapon. Sacrafice an arm if it saves your throat, but try to halt the attack using psychology before that even happens. I don\'t think this will work with a pit bull. They are just psycho and should be illegal.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 07:17 AM
http://www.duhaime.org/dog.htm (\"http://www.duhaime.org/dog.htm\")

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 03:27 PM
Don\'t forget that Dogs, Bears, and a couple of other mammals smell fear. No joke. Other notes are, \"prey\" runs away (turns their back on predator,) and equals back away from the battle field, always keeping an eye on the enemy. I guess it is good to know a bit about pooch psychology.

Then again, some dogs are messed up in the head, or idiots train them to be attackers.

On the pheros side of it, I think I mentioned it some time earlier, there are only so many compounds that can be used as pheros. Since mammals are relatively similar on the tree of life, it is not too big of a stretch to think that some of the pheros are reused from species to species. Amounts, compounds, and other factors will probably have a large effect on what is a successful mix. As has been shown on the board, there is no magic bullet, and even when we dope ourselves up with absurd amounts of pheros, there are a lot of cases when it flat out doesn\'t work. Because of all of that, I can easily imagine that some pheros will cross species, and could have negative effects (alpha entity, when two collide what happens?) Also, the earlier phero products were derived from porcine pheros (pigs) and if I am not mistaken, they are the same chemically.

How that diatribe would effect a court decision, I haven\'t a clue.

[ March 19, 2002: Message edited by: Walter Mitty ]

camusflage
03-19-2002, 04:44 PM
Was it ever actually proven that she was wearing pheromones? I looked into this last night, and the only references I was able to find were from the defendants\' letter to the prosecuting attorney stating something along the lines that the the attack *might* have been provoked by pheromone cosmetics, or anabolic steroids, because she looked very athletic. IOW, a load of crap.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 04:46 PM
The woman who did not have her dog control was fishing for some way to blame the victim,who died from the attack. She and her husban both borderline antisocial wackos knew they had dangerous dogs and had been warned 30 times. The case is being decided tonight. I hope they recieve the maximum penality. It isn\'t likely that pheromones were the cause.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 04:47 PM
The woman who did not have her dog control was fishing for some way to blame the victim,who died from the attack. She and her husban both borderline antisocial wackos knew they had dangerous dogs and had been warned 30 times. The case is being decided tonight. I hope they recieve the maximum penality. It isn\'t likely that pheromones were the cause.

a.k.a.
03-19-2002, 05:49 PM
Dogs seem to act submissive when I wear pheros. Once I wore a pretty strong combo ( can’t remember what it was ) and a shepherd ran at me from half a block, while its master tried to call it back. When it got about three feet from me it got down into a submissive posture (crawling on its elbows with its belly draging on the ground) and gave me the weirdest look.

On the other hand I’ve heard too many stories (myths?) about bears being attracted to the smell of humans having sex. So I’m always well-scrubed and phero-free when camping or hiking.

jvkohl
03-19-2002, 10:17 PM
One of the most remarkable stories of pheromones and cross species reactions was a case report: (you\'ll love this one for your sad but true department, which is why I\'m quoting from, rather than interpreting it).

Gibbons, D.L. (1989) Unusual case: Sex in the woods. Medical Aspects of Human Sexuality, 23, 10(Oct), 63.
\"Cindy, who was menstruating... had gone alone to a portable commode hidden in a thicket to change her tampon, unaware that a young stag was nearby... Smelling her menstrual secretions, the deer became sexually aroused. He bounded through the trees and knocked Cindy to the ground. Then while prancing up and down with his forefoot on her shoulder, the sexually excited deer sprinkled her with semen.\"

Okay, here\'s another sans quotes, but with my notes.

Chandora, D.B. (1989) Unusual case: Accidental zoomorphism. Medical Aspects of Human Sexuality, 23, 4(Apr), 108.
TWO YEAR OLD GIRL RAPED BY THE FAMILY\'S PET DOG (A SCHNAUZER) RECTAL INTERCOURSE LASTING 10-15 MIN. ZOOMORPHISM: THE TENDENCY OF WILD OR DOMESTIC ANIMALS TO REACT TO OTHER SPECIES AS IF THEY WERE MEMBERS OF THEIR OWN SPECIES. MALE DOGS TEND TO HUNCH (SEXUALLY) ON THE LEG OR THE ARM OF THE OWNER DUE TO THEIR SENSE OF SMELL, ESPECIALLY DURING THE MENSTRUAL PERIOD.

Supposedly there was once an entry in the Girl Scout Handbook that warned against the bears in the woods / tampon connection. I have never been able to locate this, nonetheless, so it could be one of those urban myths.

Of additional interest: horse trainers commonly blow into the nostrils of new animals that require training, so that the animal gets to know them better and is easier to manage.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 10:27 PM
The girl i\'m hunting for has a pet husky or something. Everything I\'ve went over, I\'ve been wearing some sort of pheromones, and everytime, the dog has been submissive to me, or just plain out been happy to be near me.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Yeah, those lawyers caused a national outcry because their insensitive remarks after the incident. If they had just acted remorseful from the beginning, this story wouldn\'t have blown up.

By the way, there\'s a lot more to this story that didn\'t make it to the court room because the defense got it blocked. Apparently, he dogs were sexually abused by the Knoller and Noel! If anything, they should get prison for that.

Hey, you can go to prison for killing a dog. Why not for raping a dog, especially one that later killed a human?!

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 10:55 PM
A few years ago I talked on the internet to a woman living above the arctic circle. She told me camping or any outdoor activity while menstruating was dangerous. The smell of blood attracts polar bears.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-19-2002, 11:02 PM
Stanbo i wasn´t even gettin into the \"preventing an attack\" stuff I was talking about when the attack is underway.

On the other hand dogs as do most other pack animals relies on dominance and demonstration of strenght to determine the order of things so if you are skilled enough to tackle a dog to the ground and keeping it there for a while with your hand tightly around its troat it will at some point submit to you as the stronger individual and letting the dog go after this will usualy be quite safe(with the possible exeption of the aforementioned pitbull) this has actualy happened to me.......

But... what I was trying to get across was the whole \"dealing with the facts of the situation allows you to influence the situation\" mode of thinking(come to think of it this sentence has applications as far as dating is concerned images/icons/laugh.gif )

Maybe I should start a tread about applied stress psycolgy as it relates to dating....... images/icons/smile.gif

Satan

Watcher
03-19-2002, 11:47 PM
I once got chased for about 2 km by a pitbull cross and it wasnt stopping luckily i am able to run (i was stuffed) and jumped a fence in the end to get away. But the response to anabolic steroids or the scent setting it off of the dogs could be a real life court evidence etc. We have proven that some response no matter how big or small effects other people and those people that are lucky enough to produce the right levels of natural pheromones are in more danger so why not dogs or other animals.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-20-2002, 04:40 AM
I use a variety of products to attract deer and have experienced several unusual behaviors from bucks turned on by the scents. The old trappers in my area had a variety of homemade recipies some were very effective. I have had bucks crash right into my blind with their horns and then go through their forplay activity with their eyes in the tree branches,etc. I have had bucks
fight over scrapes that I made with scents and \" Doe in Heat \" formulas. A variety of animals are attracted to used tampons and sanitary pads. I usually put long gauze around my boots with the scent on them before walking to my blind. One year
a buck crashed into my blind before day break. I could barely make out its deformed antlers broken from fighting. It finally caught my human scent and ran. A few minutes later I dropped another buck doing the same. I pulled him out into the clearing and was bent over dressing it. I heard something behined me it was the one with the deformed antlers snorting and following my scent trail. I am sure if I hadn\'t shot it, it would have butted me or mounted me!
In these dog cases. I am concerned that people with attitudes take no responsibility for their animals. They do not respond to repeated warnings until one attacks a child or adult, and then it is too late. They say that dogs often resemble their owners. I think they certainly resemble the owners in this case. I want them to get the max!

**DONOTDELETE**
03-21-2002, 02:23 PM
Guilty!
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20020321/ap_on_re_us/dog_attack (\"http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20020321/ap_on_re_us/dog_attack\")

**DONOTDELETE**
03-21-2002, 04:17 PM
Good! Thanks for update truth! images/icons/mad.gif