PDA

View Full Version : How do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

ralary
03-01-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm Irish-American, so every day is St. Patrick's Day in our house. We play a lot of Irish music

(LOVE the High Kings!), use a lot of Irish expressions, bless everything, and eat Irish-American food. On St. Pat's

Day we get a little more goofy and wear green and decorate the house. I would love some new, fresh ideas for making

the day (or the whole month) special.
What do you do to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

Lovely100
03-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Wow, sounds fun! I love Celtic music!! I don't have any super new ideas...but maybe you could

learn a new song, dance, poem, instrument, or recipe. At an Irish cultural festival - there are workshops on all

kinds of things like - the history of the Irish language, decorating leather with celtic knots, hurling, harps,

basket weaving, & genealogy...

idesign
03-01-2011, 11:28 PM
I love Celtic music... dance, celtic knots, hurling, harps,

I usually leave SPD to the Irish, and for good reason. Dancing to Celtic music ties me into

Celtic knots, and the only time I practice hurling is after too many Harps.

:drunk:

Bruce
03-10-2011, 01:24 PM
I used to make my living playing

Irish music on the fiddle. I was absolutely crazy about the fiddle and the music in those days. I think I spent

the entire Spring Summer and Fall in Ireland for 7 consecutive seasons. Since then, other passions have overtaken

me I suppose. Back in the "good old days" St. Paddy's Day meant non-stop gigs for a week or so.

Kevin Burke

and the Bothy Band were a couple of my favorites to listen to in those days.

B