PDA

View Full Version : Simple SoE question

**DONOTDELETE**
03-17-2002, 03:11 PM
I know that SoE was developed to be used alone though I see many here combine it with NPA, PI or whatever.

I was wondering when you guys do combine things with SoE, do you still use a colonge or after shave or are you depending on the fragrence of SoE to do the masking of the others ?

Bruce
03-17-2002, 04:11 PM
The SOE is enough fragrance for me. I think I have read other guys using a compatible additional fragrance of some sort.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
03-17-2002, 04:17 PM
I agree , I\'m wondering when combined with one of the other potent ones like PI, is the SoE fragrance enough to cover it ?

jvkohl
03-17-2002, 05:49 PM
I\'ve never tried SoE with anything else, but have had a couple complaints (from supersmellers) that it does not smell good (a few other people have commented on this in the Forum)even on its own. That\'s enough to keep me from mixing it with a -none containing product for fear that the -none might override the typical more pleasant smell of SoE (clean/musky rather than urinous).

**DONOTDELETE**
03-17-2002, 06:51 PM
James ;

I was one of those that didn\'t feel right with it at first ; I thought it smelled too feminine. But I really like the fragrence alot now.

Tantalus747
03-17-2002, 09:26 PM
I\'m one of the guys that thought the fragrance was way too strong at first. I actually started the thread about that.

Now I really like the fragrance and the strength is just about right.

jvkohl
03-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Last weekend I ran into a man whose reaction was negative to SoE. He was with his wife who wanted to know how to get him a bottle, and his nephew. I told his wife (who loves SoE) that her husband hated it, and she didn\'t believe me. Tried it on him again, his reaction was the same--very averse to its odor. Of more interest to me was that his nephew responded the same way--despite every other male in the bar stating that they liked it. (This girl tried it on about 10 other guys--everyone knows her, and she\'s quite persuasive.) The point is that this was the first anecdotal evidence (uncle/nephew) of what may be a genetic link to a SoE response. Such a link could be predicted from other research. Hopefully, if you run into anyone who really doesn\'t like the smell of SoE, you\'ll get a chance to try it on one of their relatives and let me know about any other genetic links. Meanwhile, I wish I knew more about what might have made Jim and Tantalus change their thoughts on the fragrance.

James

**DONOTDELETE**
03-18-2002, 07:13 AM
its growing on me too. maybe it had something to do with the girl i am/was kinda doing something with said \"your smelling good\", putting her nose right where id wiped it on.

Watcher
03-18-2002, 12:12 PM
hey campers welcome aboard, the response to SOE is very good once you get it to work and in the correct dosages which state are you from contary to my description needed to cover my identity lol (im paranoid lol) but being from queensland the heat really activates it but if you are from sydney or melboure then you may need to use more of the stuff.

Tantalus747
03-18-2002, 01:13 PM
James, in my case I think the biggest factor is that I normally don\'t wear colognes. So it just seemed way too strong for me at first.

Actually, it just occurred to me, but if SOE really does cause a buzz, then it\'s likely there\'d be a conditioned response to like the fragrance.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-18-2002, 02:20 PM
James :

I was the same as Tantulus ; very seldom wearing anything other than a little aftershave, so I guess the smell knocked me out.

But I like the fragrance so much noe I\'d re-order it just for that. If I got a hit from using it, it would be even better.

jvkohl
03-18-2002, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys; it makes sense that if you rarely wear cologne, any cologne might make you think that you are overly odorous. On the other hand, we have discussed the fact that there are some surroundings where it is more difficult to send scent signals (i.e., smoke-filled bars), so much more fragrance is needed. Hope everyone can get the right amount for their individual circumstances, but sometimes it\'s a long shot.