PDA

View Full Version : What is the AndrosteRone pheromone?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-15-2002, 06:52 PM
What is the AndrosteRone pheromone?
I know the differences between Androstenol and Androstenone, but what about AndrosteRone?

Nutt
03-16-2002, 12:04 AM
if memory serves, -rone is thought to be more of an enhancer of the effects of -none or -rol, i.e. it makes reception of the other phero by the target \'stronger\'.

either that or that ones -rol, but im pretty sure -rol is the \'happy to be around you\' \'mone

jvkohl
03-17-2002, 06:16 PM
AndrosteRone is a metabolite of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), an androgenic hormone that can act as a buffer by converting to estrogen(s) as well as to androgen(s). DHEA levels decline in a straight line with aging. For this and a variety of other reasons, supplementation with the \"masculine\" metabolite of DHEA: androsteRone, should be a good idea for most adult males over age 25, and for many younger males. (I refer to androsterone as the masculine metabolite because it is produced in higher ratios in heterosexual males, lesser ratios in homosexual males, and lesser still in females). This is not meant to imply that homosexual males are any less masculine than heterosexual males, but does strongly implicate androsterone as an enhancement of masculinity rather than of femininity (since ratios: -rone / etiocholanolone are reversed in females).