12-06-2010, 11:43 AM
"A

loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge."
-Thomas Carlyle

Lovely100
12-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Greg Anderson: Quotes on The Meaning of Life

"When we are motivated by goals that have

deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live

life."

idesign
12-10-2010, 04:58 PM
"Your dreams should be so big,

that they are impossible to achieve in your lifetime"

-don't remember

Bruce
12-13-2010, 08:25 AM
"All our thoughts and concepts are

called up by sense-experiences and have a meaning only in reference to these sense-experiences. On the other hand,

however, they are products of the spontaneous activity of our minds; they are thus in no wise logical consequences

of the contents of these sense-experiences. If, therefore, we wish to grasp the essence of a complex of abstract

notions we must for the one part investigate the mutual relationships between the concepts and the assertions made

about them; for the other, we must investigate how they are related to the experiences."

-- Albert

Einstein

Whoa!

Lovely100
12-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Of

Course!

DrSmellThis
12-15-2010, 02:14 PM
"All our

thoughts and concepts are called up by sense-experiences and have a meaning only in reference to these

sense-experiences. On the other hand, however, they are products of the spontaneous activity of our minds; they are

thus in no wise logical consequences of the contents of these sense-experiences. If, therefore, we wish to grasp the

essence of a complex of abstract notions we must for the one part investigate the mutual relationships between the

concepts and the assertions made about them; for the other, we must investigate how they are related to the

experiences."

-- Albert Einstein

Whoa!That guy was seriously smart.

Lovely100
12-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Wasn't Albert a vegetarian in adulthood & who also got kicked out of school at age 10 & also

said that imagination is more important than knowledge?

DrSmellThis
12-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes, and he said, "Gravity is

not responsible for people falling in love."

Not sure I agree with him entirely, since gravity is a sort of bias

where things are related to each other, or exist in relativity with one another. What does gravity, fundamentally,

do? Gravity establishes relationships throughout the universe. :) Plus when I snuggle with somebody, it feels a bit

like some physical force drawing our bodies together. Call me crazy.

Lovely100
12-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Maybe

Love Happens Due to More Than One Factor?

I heard that Albert wasn't so nice to his wife...

Maybe the

Meaning of Life is To Love One Another?

DrSmellThis
12-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Maybe Love Happens Due to More Than One Factor?

I heard that Albert wasn't so nice to his wife...

Maybe the

Meaning of Life is To Love One Another? Can't disagree about the multiple causes of love. And a

single guy with my relationship history probably can't talk too much stuff about love anyway. :)

Too bad if

true about Albert. You can't be brilliant at everything. I hope he at least wasn't abusive.

Bruce
12-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Maybe Love Happens Due to More Than One Factor?

I heard that

Albert wasn't so nice to his wife...

Maybe the Meaning of Life is To Love One Another?

Well, that's sort of sad if it's true. He seemed like such a nice guy in Night at the

Museum.

B

Lovely100
01-05-2011, 02:30 PM
After doing a small amount of research on the internet...this is what I found out about

Albert...

He was married twice...The first one was an unhappy one...and they divorced on Valentine's Day

(1919)! The second one was his own cousin and they moved to the states...

I have just heard (via word of

mouth) that he asked his wife to do everything for him in a mean way...so, was kind of rude and cold... (but I

don't have any documents to back that up!)

belgareth
01-07-2011, 01:02 PM
After doing a small amount of research on the internet...this is what I

found out about Albert...

He was married twice...The first one was an unhappy

one...and they divorced on Valentine's Day (1919)! The second one was his own cousin and they moved to the

states...

I have just heard (via word of mouth) that he asked his wife to do

everything for him in a mean way...so, was kind of rude and cold... (but I don't have any documents to back that

up!)

That's what I have read too. His personal life was a shambles and he didn't treat

women well at all.

Lovely100
01-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Ah, if brilliant men could be as brilliant in personal relations...