PDA

View Full Version : cologne and personalities:which scents do YOU think reflect your personality?

betweenthelines
11-28-2010, 02:33 AM
After purchasing my pheromone products, I began to realize that

the scent you choose to wear, might almost be as important as the pheromones they are complimenting. I've done

some research online concerning different "types" of scent families, and what message they convey. Some sites say

that woody fragrances are good for strong outdoorsy types, while others say woodsy colognes best suit other

personality types. Woods, spicy, oriental, fruity, flowery. What scents do you feel describe different

personalities and which scent do you believe compliments your personality.

THE ALPHA MALE
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
MUSK LOL:lol:

Rbt
11-28-2010, 07:52 PM
I've seen a lot of "What you should

wear" type articles over the years.

I have even seen various websites that try to match a fragrance class to

you using your astrological sign, your DNA, or some other personal attribute.

Personally I've decided just to

go with what feels "right" for me. If a fragrance doesn't sit well with me, I'm not going to use it, no matter how

"popular" it may be (and to me some of the "popular" ones absolutely reek - yuck). Or how expensive. Or cheap.

Now I will grant that some may match my "personna," the type of character I am portraying* or may be being

perceived as (and I often go by what others tell me how I'm coming across). But still, if they don't make me

happy, they don't get used, no mattter how "appropriate" someone else thinks it would be.

As an aside, to keep

from just being one of the crowd using a heavily distributed/available cologne, I have been opting to seek out some

of the smaller specialty shops on-line. There is one I especially like but I can no longer cite it here as they have

started adding pheromones to some of their "potions" which means I can't. (Honestly their phero mixes have not

worked overly well for me however.)

*There are times I want to appear "fatherly," other times as a

"authority figure," other times as a "confidant," a "lover," etc.

Crash
11-29-2010, 06:07 PM
What I ended up doing for picking

out my colognes is I took 3 different woman to the same store in the mall and asked them what cologne smelled the

best.I kept all of their opinions in my mind and later came back and picked the best one of the 3 colognes they

picked.All of these woman were different ages too so I got different opinions.Regardless everytime I walk in a room,

I will get many compliments especially when I'm wearing mones at the same time.You can always chat it up with

random woman who work at the store as well.I'm sure they will know the best brands to suit you're goals of getting

laid or just smelling like a gentlemen.Cheers

betweenthelines
11-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Pick the

one that suits your preferences etc. But which "types" of smells suit your preferences (like what alpha said)?

Also, which scents, or categories of scents do you think compliment different personas?