PDA

View Full Version : Cheap or Imitation Colognes

Doggy Style
07-20-2010, 10:08 PM
I've

never really worn cologne (much) before, so I've been looking at discussions here about cover scents for

pheromones. The problem is the prices. It's hard for me to tell at a store whether I'll like a cologne or not, and

I can't just buy 6 different brands just to try them.

I did find a teeny bottle of Drakkar Noir for $10.

That was a good find, and let me figure out that, once I actually wore it around a bit, I don't like the smell.

(Also, mixed with The Edge, it was just awful. There's no way to tell, at the store, what it will smell like when

mixed with Edge, NPA, etc.)

Does anyone know of either:
1. places (maybe online) to get name brand

colognes much cheaper than retail,
2. places to get teeny tester bottles/vials of name brand colognes,
3. good

imitations of name brand colognes?

I'm particularly interested in any info about the imitation stuff. Is a

good knock-off basically indistinguishable from the name brand? Or is it gonna be bad news?

Thanks!

terry0400-40
07-21-2010, 04:27 AM
I've never really worn cologne (much) before, so I've been looking at discussions here about cover

scents for pheromones. The problem is the prices. It's hard for me to tell at a store whether I'll like a cologne

or not, and I can't just buy 6 different brands just to try them.

I did find a teeny bottle of Drakkar Noir

for $10. That was a good find, and let me figure out that, once I actually wore it around a bit, I don't like the

smell. (Also, mixed with The Edge, it was just awful. There's no way to tell, at the store, what it will smell like

when mixed with Edge, NPA, etc.)

Does anyone know of either:
1. places (maybe online) to get name brand

colognes much cheaper than retail,
2. places to get teeny tester bottles/vials of name brand colognes,
3. good

imitations of name brand colognes?

I'm particularly interested in any info about the imitation stuff. Is a

good knock-off basically indistinguishable from the name brand? Or is it gonna be bad

news?

Thanks!I have tried some fragrance samples from around

6 different vendors some are ok, some are good and some are crappy, here is one that i have ordered samples from and

overall they are pretty good.
http://haywardenterprises.com/

idesign
07-21-2010, 05:14 AM
The quickest and easiest place

to find samples is ebay. Just do a search for perfume samples, or a particular brand, and you'll find hundreds of

sample bottles for $1-10.

Another route would be one of the decant places. They buy full bottles of a fragrance

and decant it into sample sized vials. One that I've used is The Perfumed Court. They will have some harder to

find stuff along with the regular.

If you don't know too much about fragrance, you should check out Basenotes.

Their review board is great.

Doggy Style
07-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Awesome! Thanks guys, I

will check these out.

Crash
07-22-2010, 06:08 AM
On the love-scent store isn't

there a fragrance that can be added to the pheromone cocktail to make it smell better.I believe there are choices to

pick from as far as scent like ck one or cool water ect.I can't look at the store from my work computer.Worth

checking out I am sure