PDA

View Full Version : Evaporation loss out of bottle?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-13-2002, 08:43 AM
Anyone else out there losing an ever so slight amount of SOE (or other phero) every day due to evaporation out of the bottle? Even with the lid screwed on tight, is this a normal thing to expect? images/icons/crazy.gif

southerncal

**DONOTDELETE**
03-13-2002, 08:48 AM
To be honest I havn\'t noticed any evaporation from my SOE. Is it normal for it to evaporate, that I\'m not sure of.

jose
03-13-2002, 08:55 AM
Hummmmm.......I don\'t know how that can happen if the top is screwed on tight. The only thing I know is if you leave it in your car while its 90 degrees outside The intense heat damages the product. Nothing should happen in Room temperature. images/icons/crazy.gif

[ March 13, 2002: Message edited by: jose ]

**DONOTDELETE**
03-13-2002, 12:35 PM
If it is evaporating, you should be able to smell the scent strongly. If one molecule can get out, they all can. If there is not an aroma around, I doubt it is being lost from evaporation.

CJ01
03-14-2002, 02:29 AM
Yep I´ve noticed evaporation from my NPA especially. It´s mainly the alcohol which evaporates,(I guess) at least this is what happens with perfumes. I´ve barely used my NPA but there´s hrdly any left! images/icons/frown.gif and I´ve just worked out a new combo to try out. CJ

**DONOTDELETE**
03-14-2002, 02:47 AM
I too notice that NPA evaporates a bit. Just add some more alcool.