PDA

View Full Version : Stunk Bad

d3kst3r
05-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I think I did a bad mix. It

was 1 drop NPA, 6 inches SoE scented, 3 drops of essential oil. For some reason I got heaps of negative responses

about the smell. >.< Where could I have gone wrong?

idesign
05-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Which essential oil?

d3kst3r
05-10-2010, 12:32 AM
15% sandalwood mix and 85% other

stuff.

belgareth
05-10-2010, 04:27 AM
15%

sandalwood mix and 85% other stuff.
Try the essential oil by itself and see what the reactions are. If

positive, try it with the NPA. I doubt the SOE contributed but it is possible. Try the SOE with the essential oil

last. Tha should tell you what caused the problem but my bet is the essential oil wasn't strong enough to cover the

NPA.

idesign
05-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Belgareth's last comment may be

right.

Or, the EO "mix" is poor. There are many, many EO blends out there in health shops and hippie shops,

most of them aromatherapy oriented and not all that great for perfumery. There are exceptions of course, but are

hard to find. DST's Pheros was a gem in a coal field.

Try 100&#37; Sandalwood oil. Buy the best you can

afford, there are lots of online sources. I've covered with this many times and it works great.

d3kst3r
05-10-2010, 12:54 PM
I actually went into a store

looking for pure sandalwood oil and it was bloody expensive. It was something like $200 for 5ml or something like

that. I'm thinking about using APC. Does APC cover everything well? I heard it's one of the best cover scents.

idesign
05-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Check this guy out. (http://stores.ebay.com/QTs-Store) Ham Firl has pretty good stuff at reasonable

prices.

You might also look at the Aloeswood thread here on L-S. Lots and lots of good info on Aloeswood and

other stuff like Sandalwood. Its a huge thread.

APC does a fine job and many users love the scent. Its does

have a weak pheromone content (-None).