PDA

View Full Version : Best Phases Of The Moon?

wingrider81
03-09-2002, 10:50 AM
HI All,
I know that there are a lot of students and busy people in the group. Others are on tight finances and want to maximize their club nights. I know lunar phases affect me. I wonder if anyone has researched the best lunar days (full moon, new moon, ...,) to meet prospective partners?
I appreciate your comments or references to previous threads...
Wingrider images/icons/crazy.gif

oscar
03-09-2002, 01:57 PM
wingrider,

Surely you realize this is lunacy, sir!

Oscar images/icons/laugh.gif

Bruce
03-09-2002, 02:36 PM
Hi Wingrider,
Full moon. No doubt about it. With two small kids around romance has fallen more into synch with the days of the week than the phases of the moon, but I remember many times in days gone by noticing the effects of the moon on romantic ferver, and maybe even moreso on women than myself.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
03-11-2002, 06:35 AM
Many traditions hold to the idea that waxing moon is best for building new things, waning moon best for letting go of the old. New moon is good for internal work, full moon for external sharing.

Whitehall
03-11-2002, 08:18 AM
Full moon is best with new moon second best for meeting women interested in amore. In long term relationships, it seems women often get in sync with one or the other - they are either ovulating at a full moon or bleeding.

oscar
03-11-2002, 08:35 AM
Gents,

I think it would be interesting to study the effects of the moon\'s phases on women\'s receptability to sexual stimulation. Is it just a coincidence that women\'s menstrual cycles and the phases of the moon both happen to be about 28 days?

I wonder if there\'s a noticeable degree of synchrony in the ovulation cycle of nocturnal animals (which sexually, we humans appear to be) with the phases of the moon. Strikes me that a nocturnal species female would have a better shot at the best genes if she could see her prospective mate more clearly, as during the full moon. Would nature then adjust the fertility cycle to accomodate this? Does the moon regulate the \"crimson tides\" as well as the oceanic ones? Is there a combination amateur gynecologist/astronomer among us? images/icons/crazy.gif

Oscar images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-11-2002, 11:57 PM
Hi All,

Not a expert but have experienced group activities where all the women seemed to have periods at the same time. We were camped for political demostration and women in the group eventually began having periods during the full moon. There have been studies on this phenomom. Ha

I think most would agree with Bruce that the full Moon certainly is a setting for romance. I used to have several beautiful parking places where I knew the moon would show its best face. They aren\'t as safe now as they were during my youth.

Elk images/icons/wink.gif

wingrider81
03-12-2002, 08:13 AM
Hi Everybody,
Oscar and Dreamer bring up good points about the 28 day lunar/ovulation cycles and the ovulation synchronization in multiple females. I wonder what sort of cues or stimuli are involved in lunar resonses? I for one hate to go clubbing during the full moon; I have to force myself to leave home.. Anybody else want to chime in?
Wingrider images/icons/crazy.gif