PDA

View Full Version : different 'none (s) ?

chas
12-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Are all forms of

'none, as made by different manufacturers, equally effective if the quantity (mg's) is the same ? Is there just

one chemical form of it, or are there different qualities ? Thanks.

chas
12-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Any expert opinions out there ?

Thanks.

belgareth
12-08-2009, 09:00 AM
The chemical itself is unique.

A while back one of the other members was saying that different manufacturers produced -none of different grades. He

believed that there were levels of purity that impacted the scent but not the effectiveness. In other words, the

better quality of -none tended to stink less. I didn't agree with him but he seemed pretty sure of himself. Trying

to remember his name but coming up blank. If it comes to me I'll post it to help you search for his comments.

chas
12-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks 'Bel.

Rbt
12-08-2009, 09:20 AM
I think there were also some

concerns about overall quality control. Some products maybe didn't contain the concentration they claimed to

contain. And the initial quality of the basic ingredients may have been sub-par as well. Also the possibility of

contaminents.

Just a quick thought. Too busy fighting first major snowfall and the crazy drivers.

belgareth
12-08-2009, 09:41 AM
That's true. Somebody I know

has tested a lot of the products and found many of them do not contain what they claim. I'd have to ask for the

details of the lab analysis but I've been told that the results weren't impressive at all, some containing almost

no pheromones at all.

stuttgart-man
12-19-2009, 02:05 AM
Are all

forms of 'none, as made by different manufacturers, equally effective if the quantity (mg's) is the same ? Is

there just one chemical form of it, or are there different qualities ? Thanks.

Hey Chas,

this link

could help you.... :)
http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4690

chas
12-19-2009, 02:07 PM
SM - useful thread, thanks. Thanks

to the others for all your responses as well.

It seems that all 'none's should be equally effective but

might smell differently - due to varying purities after the production process. So it is the impurities which cause

the stronger smell for the same mg's ? :think: