PDA

View Full Version : AE leaky?

stuttgart-man
10-17-2009, 10:37 AM
I was always been

amazed about the strong AE-smell in my cupboard in which my AE was stored. And I was amazed too that the AE-bottle

was half empty after about 1/2 year and this although I have used it rarely and sparely.

For about two months I

have stored the AE in a box. And everytime when I have opend the box I could see (and smell) a fine oil-film of AE

in this box, and this although I have always strong closed the bottle. And the surface of the bottle was a little

bit moist too.

This case was happening several times. Every time I have cleaned the box, but after two weeks the

film was appeared again.

Are AE-bottles generally a little leaky or do I anything wrong?
As pheromones are

volatile, do the mones fly more quickly than the smell of AE, so that even it smells it does not longer work?

idesign
10-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Hey S-M! I had a similar thing

happen. I bought a bottle of AE more than a year ago and rarely used it. About a month ago I decided to experiment

with it and when I looked at the bottle it was half empty. I knew I had never used that much, having only tried it

only a half-dozen times.

The only thing I can think of is the rubber dropper top not sealing properly, allowing

the product to evaporate. Like you, I had the cap screwed down well enough and stored properly. Since your bottle

was in its own box, perhaps the evaporated carrier collected on the paper of the box.

My guess would be that

your AE still works. What does it smell like, the scent or the pheromones, or both?

stuttgart-man
10-19-2009, 01:06 PM
My guess would be that your AE still works. What does it smell like, the scent or the

pheromones, or both?

Unfortunately I can not smell mones - at least Androstenone. So I can not say if the

mones are still in it. Even if I wear Pheromax (which is know as a stinkbomb) I can notice a faint (not unpleasant)

smell only. With NPA I can smell nothing after the alcohol is evaporated.

I will experiment with this AE to see

if the mones are still working :)

idesign
10-19-2009, 06:32 PM
That is you best plan. My AE

seems to be getting reasonable hits after a year of siiting alone on a shelf. In fact, it is doing better than I

remember a year ago. The smell of my bottle seems normal in terms of scent and pheromone content. Keep us

posted.