PDA

View Full Version : Discussion of what to wear for law firm job interview

pappy97
09-09-2009, 09:19 PM
So I'm a laid off atty who has been searching for months for a job. I have been lucky

enough to land a first screening interview at a prestigious law firm this week. It will be one 20-30 minute

interview with the two main partners I would work for. The goal is to wow them into inviting me for a full

callback, which would be a full round of interviews with partners and associates in this office. Then if everything

went well, they'd make an offer.

I am male and both partners I am meeting are males (At least in their late

40's/50's I think). As far as I know, both are "Type A" personalities.

After much reading on this forum, my

thought is to wear A314 for respect and just before I go into the interview put on 4 full sprays of LT to the chest.

Nothing else, no wagg or any other mones.

Is this still the way to go? I used to go WAGG + LT, but I think for

a lawyer trying to get into a law firm, the conventional A314 + LT makes much more sense.

Thanks!

idesign
09-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Sounds like a good strategy.

You might roll a couple inches of SoE on the back of your hands too, and cover. Good luck!

pappy97
09-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Sounds

like a good strategy. You might roll a couple inches of SoE on the back of your hands too, and cover. Good

luck!

So I added SoE to the mix and I like the combo of that with LT and A314 (my classic bottle of

A314).

The particular interview I referenced didn't turn into anything, but I know it's not because of the

interview. One of the two males wasn't there and I know that he simply put his foot down and passed on me. Had he

been able to meet with me as I was told he was going to, I might have had a better shot.

I have had other

interviews and am having better luck with this combo. I do wonder though, is this mix of A314 + SoE with sprays of

LT on clothes okay for interviewing with women (As in female partners who I might be working for)? I don't have

many women to interview with, but just in case I am wondering if this is still okay.

Thanks.

idesign
09-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Good question. I don't know.

You're asking us to second-guess women!

It might be a good idea to ease off slightly on the A314, to lighten

up your authority persona. Maybe even ramp up the SoE a little too, to relax everyone.

This makes even better

sense if you have a strong personality and project authority naturally. A woman in a power position and a chip on

her shoulder might want to crush what she gets from your -Rone. OTOH a strong but well balanced woman might respond

well to the added authority vibe.

Geez, I give up.... :lol:

WorkingMann
09-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Try give it a look at my

reply in this thread
http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19561

If you haven't got any

you might try using SOE instead.