PDA

View Full Version : traveling with pheros

a.k.a.
03-04-2002, 09:43 AM
I will be going to Cancun in a couple of weeks. Will it be OK to take my pheros? Will security be a hassle? Will the dope-sniffing dogs be attracted to my luggage? etc.?

Bruce
03-04-2002, 04:41 PM
There is nothing illegal about it so you don\'t have to worry about that, but dope-sniffing dogs got my bags pulled asside once. They pulled everything apart, but finally came to the conclusion that some incense that I had in there was the cause. I did have some pheros in there too, but they were looking for baggies, nothing else interested them.
Bruce

oscar
03-04-2002, 04:43 PM
a.k.a.,

I\'ve been to Mexico twice and the customs setup there is very amusing. As you reach the front of the line, you press a button and a red or green light is displayed (I think it was in Los Cabos airport that they actually used a traffic light!).
If it\'s red, you\'re about to have your bags thoroughly searched, if it\'s green, they simply wave you through. From what I saw, this appeared to be totally random, not like some hidden agent was regulating the lights, but actually more random that a clean slot machine. Little old ladies were having their bags tossed, while guys that LOOKED like smugglers were strolling through.

But since you\'ll probably be coming back, and you COULD get red-lighted going in, I\'d recommend putting your stuff in cologne, in legitimate cologne bottles. Not like you\'ll get arrested or anything, but you could miss a flight while explaining things. You never know!

Bon Voyage! images/icons/laugh.gif
Oscar
P.S. When in Cancun, find a liquor store that has Guaycura Damiana Liqueur. The stuff is a real treat! It has Aphrodisiac properties for both men and women.
It\'s way more expensive in Cancun than on the Baja, but it\'s still worth it! If you give it a real test, you\'re likely to want to bring SEVERAL bottles back!
\"Uno mas Damiana, por favor!\" images/icons/cool.gif

a.k.a.
03-05-2002, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the info, Bruce. Guess I\'ll just seal my bottle tight and hope for the best.Maybe throw a couple strips of fabric freshener in with my clothes.

Wilde,
Thanks for reminding me about Damiana liquer. I will definitely give it a try.