PDA

View Full Version : tango

a.k.a.
03-04-2002, 09:40 AM
So the other day a dance instructor came up to me with one of the greatest pitches I’ve ever heard.

He said, “Did you know that there are dozens of beautiful women in slit skirts and fuck-me pumps waiting for YOU... to ask them to tango at (name of club withheld) every Tuesday night?”

I was sans pheros at the time. So I assume he approached me ‘cause I look like someone that can’t get laid.

But I figure, why pay for lessons when I can just check out the club and pick up the steps as I go.

Anybody here ever tango? Is it hard? How should I dress? Any pointers I should know about?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-04-2002, 12:00 PM
I\'d like to add that Salsa night is also a lot of fun. It falls into the whole couples dance model, but the outfits, man the outfits. The other thing I have noticed is that there are very few annoying bar type situations. Most everyone is very polite. It is very wierd, you just have to ask a girl if she would like to dance, and 9 out of 10 times she\'ll light up. A couple of seconds later you\'re out there.

[ March 04, 2002: Message edited by: Walter Mitty ]

**DONOTDELETE**
03-04-2002, 12:48 PM
a.k.a. I was born here in this city, where tango was born. I am a lousy dancer in general, but the way I see it, tango is one of the most difficult dances to master.

Yes, it is very sexy. I have taken a few lessons and it requieres a lot of contact. I did not take more lessons because I got frustrated trying to learn it.

Bruce
03-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Dancing completely turned my single life around, although it made it so successful that I almost became unfit for marriage. I highly recommend learning ballroom dancing. When I lived in Boston I got very involved with the swing dancing crowd. I started with a summer of twice weekly lessons where the women outnumbered the guys 4 to 1, and the actual dances were almost 2:1 women to men sometimes. It was shy guy heaven:
A. You can ask anyone to dance and get a heartfelt \"yes\".
B. Somewhat more agressive women who have checked you out and like what they see will come up to you waaaay more often than would happen anywhere else.
C. If you stick with it and become a good dancer you will have your pick of the lot, as women in this crowd live for dancing and are more interested in how you dance than what you look like. I dated one such woman and her secret fantasy man was Fred Astaire, so there you go.
D. It is fun as hell.
E. No smoking (inside the building) and either no or light drinking. Everyone is on a natural \"dance high.\" You go home feeling energized instead of unable to drive, and more often than not you have somebody to accompany you.
F. Survey results of what kind of guy turns women on always include \"good dancer.\"

I could go on and on. Do yourself a very big favor and take swing dance lessons. If you live in or near a big town or city, I will be extremely surprised if you regret it.

Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
03-04-2002, 09:16 PM
i wonder why this topic hasn\'t come up before????

were all here for different reasons i suppose. some of us want more romance, friendships and others just want to find the quickest way to a girl\'s panties.

All three apply here with dancing. dancing can achieve wonders with women. they love it.

let\'s take two examples, shell we???
First the smooth talker. Loaded with charm, knows exactly what to say to women. This individual generally has he\'s way with women within a couple hours after first meeting. which is very impressive, for whatever his motive may be.

Secondly that incredible dancer. John Travolta moves, salsa king, you name it. This individual has he\'s way within minutes. simply incredible.

can you imagine having your way with women. handling them like a piece of meat within a few minutes. you couldn\'t do that in a simple social situation but on a dancefloor you can.

This has always been an amazing experience. as someone having an average (at best) smooth talking skills, but i\'m a hell of a dancer. i can dance to pay the rent if i had too.

Just amazing, isn\'t it???????

Whitehall
03-04-2002, 11:40 PM
I took some ballroom dance lessions and the tango was the hottest by far!

Wear leather-soled shoes and classy clothes that allow you to move.

The tango started as paid foreplay in Agentina\'s bordellos - you pay your money and you get two dances and time in the bed. Still can be a very sexy dance - the basics are not too hard at all although it can be taken to a very high level of artistry (and complication.)

Whitehall
03-04-2002, 11:43 PM
In fact, ballroom dancing gave me some important insights into gender relations.

First, men are expected to lead - the better the leader, the greater the female\'s appreciation. Confidence and decisiveness are the foundations.

Sounds like life, does it not?

a.k.a.
03-05-2002, 07:54 AM
Thanks guys,
I\'m a lousy dancer and my suits are probably way too conervative, but tonight\'s the night and I\'m psyched.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-06-2002, 08:22 AM
That\'s a good suggestion about swing dancing, Bruce; can you remember any organisations in Boston? Or clubs? Or where in Boston is the best place to look for dance clubs?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-06-2002, 08:27 AM
So, a.k.a, tell us how it went...

Bruce
03-06-2002, 09:46 AM
Hal,
I first got involved in the swing dance scene via the \"contra dance\" crowd, which is a type of folk dancing that is very popular all over New England. That is also ourtrageously fun and a great place to meet women, but the odds are better with swing dancing and if you are the type who is willing to invest the time and energy into lessons in order to get an Edge over the competition, swing is clearly for you. It really gives you a chance to be creative, learn and practice new steps and moves. You just can\'t beat it.
Anyway, there are probably a number of semi-private clubs that set up dances. The best thing to do though is simply open your phone book to the yellow pages and browse around for a dance school ad that looks good to you (ie: near your home, advertises swing as a specialty etc). Start with the lessons and when you get there you will see stacks of flyers for the various dance groups who rill be recruiting new members at the schools. Piece of cake. You are going to love it, I know, so don\'t forget about us once you are busy going to dances every week end. Post your results here!
Cheers,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
03-06-2002, 10:23 PM
I\'m also a dancer and have good things to say about it. Unfortunately, in Silicon Valley, the ratio of men to women is not as good as in Boston! Maybe I should get out of here, now that I have the skills!

a.k.a.
03-07-2002, 09:30 AM
Wow! Where do I start?

First of all, I’ve decided to take lessons. The women are hot. Most are in their thirties. But there’s more sleek legs, firm butts, and flat bellies than any candy-raver dance club I’ve ever been to. You can tell they’re all obsessed with being sexy — from their shoes, to their nails, to their perfume, it’s like they’re in competition. And the clothing is mostly vintage slut (think French whores circa WWII).

Secondly, the scene is a trip. I’ve been to many dance clubs where people go to unwind, get loose, and possibly meet somebody. This is different. Most of the folks are regulars and it’s like some kind of sub-culture. (And, like Bruce mentioned, women outnumber men by about 4:1.) Who knows what they do in their everyday lives, but once they get to the club it’s all about tango, and tango’s all about sex. (At least that’s how it looks through my perverted eyes.)

Thirdly, tango is hard. I see where Whitehall is coming from. There are just eight basic steps. But none of them come naturally to me, and there’s who knows how many variations. Plus, you’re expected to improvise your own. That’s OK though because all the moves involve the women being skin tight against you. (And how many dance steps include grabbing the girl’s butt or having her kick her leg on your shoulder?) images/icons/tongue.gif

)

I wore SOE and this was the first time I got compliments on the scent. Most of the time I wear just enough to where you can only smell it close up, and that’s where these ladies were — literally cheek to cheek. As soon as I got there, I felt like fresh meat. Everybody was checking me out. I didn’t have to do anything. Actually I was a bit intimidated and kind of wanted to sit back and take it all in before making a move. But I didn’t get a chance. A very sexy lady came right up to ask me where I was from, how long I’d tangoed, etc.. I told her I just wanted to check it out because I was considering lessons. And she got into this spiel about how it was all in your soul, and the basics are so easy, and she’d be glad to show me.

Part of the attention obviously had to do with me being a different face, and it didn’t hurt that I dressed pretty sharp (for a change). But I think pheros had a lot to do with it.

No, I didn’t go home with anybody. But I met four new women (Each one more beautiful than the next, and all of them eager to see me next week.) and got lots of cheap thrills.

Now I just have to figure out where I’m going to find the time and money for lessons.

Bruce
03-07-2002, 02:45 PM
That reminds me, I forgot the demographics of these crowds:
The contra dance folks are a vast spectrum age-wise from college to well into geezerhood. Everyone is very friendly and singles of all ages are heavily represented and they are often there specifically to MEET SOMEBODY. Not just to grab and go home for the night, but more of an exchange phone numbers and have dinner some time kind of a thing. It\'s usually about 50/50 men to women, but maybe a little slanted to women. Almost all non-smokers, but if you do smoke you can meet the others who do standing outside the hall catching a smoke during the break. Lots of vege health-freak types (like me); health professionals and women you will never see in bars. Nice folks.

The swing dance crowd always seemed like it was about 30% folks I saw at contra dances, but they seemed a little lost at the swing dances. They were so used to being able to fake their way along and pick it up as they went, and that doesn\'t work so well for swing. Also, the contra dance ladies quickly bore of sitting along the sidelines. I would guess the ratio is about 2:1 women to men. The college kids are gone and so are the seniors. Gone are the jeans and flannel shirts. You don\'t have to dress up, but most folks do at least a little. Average age is probably just over 30, but if you are in your 20s you can easily find plenty of women your age or younger due to the vast numbers of women there with nobody to dance with. More smokers, less folky folks and veges. More slick and urban, but still much more friendly than bars. If you know how to dance and dress nice, you will have women coming up to you to \"book\" the next dance.
Run, don\'t walk to your nearest dance school.
Cheers,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
03-17-2002, 09:17 PM
bump

a.k.a.
03-21-2002, 08:38 PM
Started my lessons yesterday. Six guys: 4 probably dragged in by their spouses, 1 probably gay, and me. Seventeen girls ( 4 hotties lots of cuties ).

I would have been popular without the pheros. I wore a new formula 8 -nol : 1 -none : 1 -rone mixed to .5mg pheros/ml with Lolita Lempicka. The ladies (even the married ones) were all but fighting over who would dance with me.

No success stories ( yet ) but I walked out feeling like king rooster in the tango hen house. (And I still can\'t even do the basic steps!!)

Guys (especially 30+), Bruce is right. Do yourselves a favor and take some dance lessons.

Bruce
03-22-2002, 12:58 AM
aka,
Just wait until you get good at the dances! I just keeps getting better and better. Dancing may be the single greatest kept secret for guys.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
03-22-2002, 05:53 AM
Ya, swing dancing is great, they have it here at my university and I did take it for about a month, but I plan to get back into it. Also, I\'ve been planning on learning breakdancing--it looks awesome (especially that windmill move)but its hard to learn without someone who knows how. So, are they any \'breakers out there with any helpful advice? Danke. images/icons/smile.gif