PDA

View Full Version : Kill bacteria to stop BO & support natural 'mones

jago25_99
03-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Silver Protect Deodorant: Good idea but stops sweating, which is where natural 'mones come

from

Royal Jelly: Works, but I can't find an odourless version that can be applied liberally

enough

Sandlewood: Smells like sandlewood, and I'm looking for something to kill the bacteria that cause bad

body odour only

Ionic silver, silver solution, or collodial silver: Unsure. Lots of disinformation. Guess I'll

have to try it and see if I don't stink anymore.

Iodine: I have some here so I'll give it a go! May well cause

yellow or blue discolouration though - yuk.

Salt: Combine with Iodine perhaps. I do find it takes longer to stink

after surfing. Simple solution. Give it a go.

Hydrogen peroxide: Have some at home. Try it in 3% when I get

back.

Honey: ...er... obviously I don't need to say why! :p

If you try any of these let me know how you

get on :wave:

Gegogi
03-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Actually many of the mones on

your skin are produced by bacteria interacting with sweat. For example, both androstenol and androstenone may be

produced by bacteria breaking down androstadienone. The reason we wear artificial mones is because modern folks

shower once or twice daily and wash off both bacteria and sweat. The plus here is we can tailor our pheromone

signature while avoiding most of the BO related side effects of natural mone production.

chicago
03-28-2009, 05:00 PM
One time I was in a gas station

and a homeless person came in. I feel very sorry that he is homeless. But his body oder was like a skunk. The theory

about not taking showers and bringing out your natural Pheromones I do not agree

with.
________
Female advice dicussion (http://www.love-help.org/female-advice/)

jago25_99
03-28-2009, 05:34 PM
oh no I didn't relise pheros

can't be made with bacteria. Guess that ruins that plan.

Had a look at the Iodine. This is the stuff that they

use in theatre - orange/yellow. Not something you want staining armpits

jago25_99
03-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Checking it out I've seen

that bacteria does effect 'mones.

For example, one 'mone can be converted to another by bacteria.

However, I

haven't seen anything to say that active 'mones are only created by bacterial action,

aka,

that bacterial

action is required for natural production.

There's a paper here, but, i think, it's not much

help:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8142319?dopt=Abstract

The search continues.
A practical

experiment of bacterial inhibition is a good idea.

I think to myself, what is BO? What are those smells? Is all

of BO actually 'mone relevent? Is a part of BO bad news in the same way there are good and bad bacteria in the

gut?

The goal is to have a natural smell that is acceptable to society. This may be possible straight away if

good bacteria aren't essential, but if bacteria are needed in production, then you'd have to kill just

certain types of bacteria and that's beyond what's readily possible.

I think bacteria do play a role because

that would give wieght to the idea of bacteria on the skin being transmitted and thus, a biological reason as to

more attraction with promiscuity, rather than thinking `Hey, this guy has likely got an STD`.

-j

kgk4569
03-30-2009, 04:51 AM
BO is the aftermath of

sweating.

Sweating in another excretory function of your body, it's just like pissing shitting or vomiting, it

helps your body get rid of wastes. Have you ever noticed that when you drink too much, you (more likely someone else

though) can smell it coming through your pores? Or have you ever eaten ALOT of garlic and smelled that come thorugh

your pores?

When people are ill their BO changes because as the body processes the wastes it forces some of

them out through the skin, you body also does this with Caffeene and many other things you ingest. The best way to

reduce bad BO is to eat healthily, and take care of yourself.

Also try to use natural Soaps. they absorb into

your skin during washing, and help good bacteria and your skin. whereas synthetic soaps have other chemicals that

seep into your skin and come out with sweat, these chemicals aren't always the best smelling either.

DrSmellThis
04-07-2009, 05:56 PM
One time

I was in a gas station and a homeless person came in. I feel very sorry that he is homeless. But his body oder was

like a skunk. The theory about not taking showers and bringing out your natural Pheromones I do not agree

with.

No one here has ever seriously advocated that theory. Instead I have advocated that showering

with hot water instead of soap does indeed enhance your natural pheromones to good effect, while avoiding stink.

The key is to scrub and exfoliate with a wash cloth or whatever, and to take a good sweat on a regular basis to

cleanse your pores, in addition to the water showers (or baths). You do everything except for use soap, including

scrubbing your vital areas. I take one or two showers a day this way, depending. The exception in that method is

to wash off old pheromones, and to wash your hands. It might take your body a brief time to adjust, while your

healthy skin bacteria replenishes, balances and stabilizes. No one here has ever reported BO problems while

employing this method thoroughly. You just smell like water after a hot water shower. On the other hand, several

have reported an increase in attention and interest. Stink is not caused by bacteria in general, whereas healthy

bacteria prevent stink. Opportunistic, unhealthy bacteria colonies can indeed cause a funk, however. But those

opportunistic colonies can never take root if a person is sufficiently covered in healthy bacteria. I haven't used

deodorant or anti-perspirant in many years (just sandalwood or something similar, but that is not necessary) and

have never received a complaint with this method.

kgk4569
04-08-2009, 04:39 AM
No

one here has ever seriously advocated that theory. Instead I have advocated that showering with hot water instead of

soap does indeed enhance your natural pheromones to good effect, while avoiding stink. The key is to scrub and

exfoliate with a wash cloth or whatever, and to take a good sweat on a regular basis to cleanse your pores, in

addition to the water showers (or baths). You do everything except for use soap, including scrubbing your vital

areas. I take one or two showers a day this way, depending. The exception in that method is to wash off old

pheromones, and to wash your hands. It might take your body a brief time to adjust, while your healthy skin bacteria

replenishes, balances and stabilizes. No one here has ever reported BO problems while employing this method

thoroughly. You just smell like water after a hot water shower. On the other hand, several have reported an increase

in attention and interest. Stink is not caused by bacteria in general, whereas healthy bacteria prevent stink.

Opportunistic, unhealthy bacteria colonies can indeed cause a funk, however. But those opportunistic colonies can

never take root if a person is sufficiently covered in healthy bacteria. I haven't used deodorant or

anti-perspirant in many years (just sandalwood or something similar, but that is not necessary) and have never

received a complaint with this method.

Seriously you have to try the soaps at that plce I mentioned, my

skin has never felt better, and the fact that they are natural, leads me to believe that it is also healthy for the

good bacteria.

chicago
04-08-2009, 12:16 PM
DrSmellThis: I disagree with

you. I think you are very confused about attracting females.
________
MEXICO

HOTELS (http://mexicohoteles.org)

kgk4569
04-08-2009, 01:01 PM
@ chicago: Some people don't

need to shower with soap regularly. I have a friend that does it once every 2 Days, you would never notice.

Personally If I don't bathe every day i start smelling a bit rank.

Lots of things go into what makes up your

personal smell. Diet, Hygene, General Health... All of these things and more make you smell like you.

chicago
04-08-2009, 01:14 PM
kgk4569: you are

confused
________
Medical Cannabis Seeds (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

belgareth
04-08-2009, 02:22 PM
@

chicago: Some people don't need to shower with soap regularly. I have a friend that does it once every 2 Days, you

would never notice.

Personally If I don't bathe every day i start smelling a bit rank.

Lots of things go

into what makes up your personal smell. Diet, Hygene, General Health... All of these things and more make you smell

like you.
I agree. Myself I usually shower a couple times a day because I work out in the evenings. But

others I know need to shower far less often than me and don't get rank. My brother in law was one of those, even

backpacking he wouldn't start to smell for days while the rest of the group could gag a skunk.

Personally, I'd

be inclined to take the Doc's word for his results. He isn't the type to lie like that.

tounge
04-08-2009, 03:21 PM
kgk4569: you

are confused

Chicago, you really should stop projecting your self image on everyone else. It makes

you look more frustrated than you already are.:rofl:

chicago
04-08-2009, 05:54 PM
tounge: your awesome man, when I

grow up I wanna be just like

you.:rofl:
________
Metal model hi cap

airsoft magazine (http://airsoft-shop.info/p/metal-model-hi-cap-airsoft-magazine/)

kgk4569
04-09-2009, 04:36 AM
How am I confused?

belgareth
04-09-2009, 05:45 AM
tounge:

your awesome man, when I grow up I wanna be just like you.:rofl:
There are a lot of worse things to aspire

too. Tounge is a good and honest man with principles. I can't say as much for most people.

tounge
04-09-2009, 10:42 AM
There are a

lot of worse things to aspire too. Tounge is a good and honest man with principles. I can't say as much for most

people.

Thanks man. Chicago does post the truth though. He admits he hasn't grown up yet.

kgk4569
04-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks

man. Chicago does post the truth though. He admits he hasn't grown up yet.
ouch that was a burn!

belgareth
04-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks

man. Chicago does post the truth though. He admits he hasn't grown up yet.
:cheers: That he does. But we

all suffered from that at one time or the other. Most grow out of it eventually. Some even become honorable

people.

terry0400-40
04-09-2009, 10:52 PM
While on the subject of growing up and becoming an honourable and

controlled gentleman i have every faith that our friend from Chicago is made up of excellent fabric stock and will

eventually overcome the tendancy to overslap the dingle dongle dangle.

Why even i myself have overcome and triumphed over the dingle dongle

dangle.

I am proud to say that i acomplished this

last week, and now i feel like a new man, Yea vigorous, accomplished and ready to contribute towards society in a

meaningful way. :think:

DrSmellThis
04-11-2009, 05:08 PM
For some extremely strange

reason, I am unable to post on this topic without getting misheard; perhaps because the idea seems so strange. It

always goes like this: People generally hear me like I am suggesting to take fewer showers, whereas you could in

fact take even more showers with my approach, because you are preserving your skin. I often take two hot showers a

day, scrubbing thoroughly. Just without soap. I am not, repeat not, some kind of special person who doesn't stink

much. If I don't shower I stink. If I start using soap all the time, I stink! It has nothing to do with that. It's

all about the method.

tim929
04-11-2009, 08:07 PM
The stink that your homeless man

exudes may be a combination of a variety of different things such as fecal matterial, stale urine, stale booze and a

variety of unhealthy waste accumulated in the persons body being disposed of thru sweat. Health issues have an

enormous impact on a persons smell...one need only hang out in a nursing facility for a while to figure that out in

a bad way.

Healthy people may "stink" sometimes but that smell isnt usualy that bad.And a hot shower without

soap is usualy more than enough to deal with the smell.Recent studies have shown that your hair should only be

washed with soap once a week to allow natural oils to build up on the hair and scalp to reduce dandruf and dry scalp

and to actualy condition the hair rather than using hair care products for that purpose.

terry0400-40
04-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I go along with DocSmellThis ideas on hygene because i realize just

how benificial a good hot shower can be on opening up and cleaning the sweat

pores.

Also a rub over the whole body with a course face washer will remove old

dead tissue as well as promoting good skin circulation, and all of the above contributes towards healthy skin.

Sometimes when i am on a health kick i discard soap and shampoo for at least

a month and after my shower i add a few teaspoons of apple cyder vinegar to a litre of water and masage my whole

body and orfices including my head hair with this mixture and when then dried off with a course towel it leaves the

skin sqeaky clean and also the hair is as soft as a babys.